Croí na hÉireann

As expected, same team as the last day:

Gary Connaughton
Mark McCallon, Kieran Gavin, Kevin Maguire
    Doron Harte, Paul Sharry, John Gaffey
            David Duffy, John Heslin
Kieran Martin, Callum McCormack, James Dolan
    Ger Egan, Denis Glennon, Dessie Dolan

Needless to say have to hit the ground running Saturday evening as Jim Gavin will look to hurt us early as he did in the U21 match last year. In that match Dublin had 1-3 on the board before we knew the game was under way. A similar start for us will be fatal.

That said there is no pressure on us whatsoever. Dublin have every possible advantage going in to this and the bookies have the spread at 7 points so no excuse for not putting in a performance. Looking forward to it, been a good few years since we were really competitive in Leinster.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

gerrykeegan

Really looking forward to this one, didn't make one championship game last year. 7 point spread seems a lot, bookies are rarely wrong. A day out in Croker, a few pints before hand and a few afterwards. Hopefully I'm not walking down Clonliffe Road getting dogs abuse from the Dubs Saturday evening. The lads I play foootball with on Monday (Jude's lads) were confident on Monday night.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

squire_in_navy_slacks

Well Garda Glennon doesnt fear the dubs at all so with his knee socks pulled up high and mighty ye should keep it close

muppet

C'mon Heffo.

D'ya reckon the Dubs have a chance at all?
MWWSI 2017

heffo

Quote from: muppet on May 29, 2013, 07:27:50 PM
C'mon Heffo.

Best midfielder in the country in Heslin and a class act up front getting all the ball Heslin wins, in D Dolan.

Going to be tight.

Wildweasel74

I dont think Heslin is as good yet as u may think, he will be in the long run but against MD Mac, he could struggle

From the Bunker

Hope Westmeath don't go into this with an attitude of having Nothing to lose. First of all there is a game to be lost and secondly if you lose and you lose narrowly to a decent side you go better into the Qualifiers. A mauling after all the good work this year could be their undoing for the season!

muppet

Quote from: heffo on May 29, 2013, 07:49:43 PM
C'mon Heffo.

Best midfielder in the country in Heslin and a class act up front getting all the ball Heslin wins, in D Dolan.

Going to be tight.

What odds will you give me?
MWWSI 2017

Captain Obvious

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 29, 2013, 08:42:11 PM
Hope Westmeath don't go into this with an attitude of having Nothing to lose. First of all there is a game to be lost and secondly if you lose and you lose narrowly to a decent side you go better into the Qualifiers. A mauling after all the good work this year could be their undoing for the season!

Wexford got mauled by Dublin in 2008 and ended up having a longer championship than them. Whatever the margin of defeat in this game Westmeath should do well in qualifiers.

heffo

Quote from: muppet on May 29, 2013, 08:46:24 PM
C'mon Heffo.

Going to be tight.

On who?

muppet

Quote from: heffo on May 29, 2013, 09:49:40 PM
C'mon Heffo.

Going to be tight.

On who?

Can I take the Dubs? You can have Westmeath.'Tight' game should be close to evens. What'll you offer me?
MWWSI 2017

INDIANA

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on May 29, 2013, 09:19:21 AM
As expected, same team as the last day:

Gary Connaughton
Mark McCallon, Kieran Gavin, Kevin Maguire
    Doron Harte, Paul Sharry, John Gaffey
            David Duffy, John Heslin
Kieran Martin, Callum McCormack, James Dolan
    Ger Egan, Denis Glennon, Dessie Dolan

Needless to say have to hit the ground running Saturday evening as Jim Gavin will look to hurt us early as he did in the U21 match last year. In that match Dublin had 1-3 on the board before we knew the game was under way. A similar start for us will be fatal.

That said there is no pressure on us whatsoever. Dublin have every possible advantage going in to this and the bookies have the spread at 7 points so no excuse for not putting in a performance. Looking forward to it, been a good few years since we were really competitive in Leinster.

Tough game in prospect for us.

Westmeath are one of the form teams in the country.

I'm expecting a very tough match. Lot of good footballers on the westmeath team and they seem to have a full whack for once.

Heslin is a hell of a prospect. focus is his problem or has been. But we aren't great at midfield and it could an area we will struggle

neilthemac

Dublin by 1 or 2

based on

a Westmeath's superior midfield
b them closing down the short kickout options
c Dublin usually not firing on full throttle until later rounds
d few injuries for Dubs

Declan

Interesting to see how we do on Saturday. Westmeath have had a great start to the year and will surely give a good account of themselves. Can Dublin continue the good form shown in patches during the league? Think we should shade a close game

heffo

Quote from: muppet on May 29, 2013, 10:42:28 PM
Quote from: heffo on May 29, 2013, 09:49:40 PM
C'mon Heffo.

Going to be tight.

On who?

Can I take the Dubs? You can have Westmeath.'Tight' game should be close to evens. What'll you offer me?

We'll make it interesting, a Euro?