Ard Mhacha v Muineachán - 20/02/11 - Ard Mhacha

Started by Maguire01, February 07, 2011, 08:13:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

QuoteAnd it's probably at least as enjoyable as it is for you.

I doubt it, all that stoney grey soil, Apple Blossom is so much nicer.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

lawnseed

armagh will win this one by 2 or 3 points, expect fireworks.
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

illdecide

Quote from: lawnseed on February 15, 2011, 10:02:34 AM

I agree Lawnseed, the farney men are getting carried away with a win against Galway who appear to be the worst team in the div. Armagh will put up a better fight than Galway did and i expect to have 2pts to spare come the end of the game...take it outta that.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Main Street

Armagh should win it. If not, they would have to consider the nightmare of being worse than Galway.
At this stage, it's hard to judge what Monaghan are capable of, considering the plight of Galway.
And only an Armagh bumpkin like Illdecide could interpret that Monaghan folk are getting carried away ;D
At least the Monaghan kids are playing with a confidence that I haven't seen with debutants in the last few seasons.

lawnseed

wonder if its on the telly, it would save the farney lads changing money to see their team get beat :D

armaghniac

QuoteAnd only an Armagh bumpkin like Illdecide

A Monaghan person calling someone a bumpkin. It's a bit like FF telling the opposition that they haven't a clue. :D

I hope for a good game on Sunday, with Armagh getting one over the Farney men, we owe them one, and putting us in good shape for the Granite cutters the following week.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

illdecide

Quote from: Main Street on February 15, 2011, 12:46:53 PM
Armagh should win it. If not, they would have to consider the nightmare of being worse than Galway.
At this stage, it's hard to judge what Monaghan are capable of, considering the plight of Galway.
And only an Armagh bumpkin like Illdecide could interpret that Monaghan folk are getting carried away ;D
At least the Monaghan kids are playing with a confidence that I haven't seen with debutants in the last few seasons.

Aye very good main street. Read over your posts from your game with Galway and then you'll see who's getting carried away, as for the name calling...you can take your face for a shite for all i care saan

naka

any news on whether we will see  ronan clarke for a 15 minute cameo( ground might be a little bit heavy)

illdecide

Quote from: naka on February 15, 2011, 02:48:06 PM
any news on whether we will see  ronan clarke for a 15 minute cameo( ground might be a little bit heavy)

Naka if he's fit enough i would imagine the soft ground would be better for him than a hard pitch with a bigger impact

lawnseed

i was told two years ago that clarky was finished, we cant keep hoping against hope we need to focus on the players who are able to field. this is like people talking about john toal playing again after nearly losing his leg ::) ronan has had a serious injury and he simply cannot be expected to perform as before..

Main Street

Quote from: illdecide on February 15, 2011, 02:47:24 PM
Quote from: Main Street on February 15, 2011, 12:46:53 PM

Aye very good main street. Read over your posts from your game with Galway and then you'll see who's getting carried away,
Go on, humour me,  which part of the only post I made after the game would you regard as getting carried away?
perhaps this bit?
"a second half stroll against a totally disheveled and dispirited Galway"

Quote from: armaghniac on February 15, 2011, 01:55:25 PM

I hope for a good game on Sunday, with Armagh getting one over the Farney men,
For the sake of the game, I hope Armagh manage to get the ball over the half way line before the usual 40 passes are completed in their own half.

Maguire01

Quote from: illdecide on February 15, 2011, 12:22:38 PM
Quote from: lawnseed on February 15, 2011, 10:02:34 AM

I agree Lawnseed, the farney men are getting carried away with a win against Galway who appear to be the worst team in the div. Armagh will put up a better fight than Galway did and i expect to have 2pts to spare come the end of the game...take it outta that.
Can you quote any examples of this?

PAULD123

Armagh should win this by 2-3 points at least. However last week Monaghan were well down but didn't give in. For me iit will come down to Monaghan's ability to score. Armagh WILL score quite a decent amount. Though I wonder how Armagh will react if in the last ten minutes Monaghan are ahead and they are staring at a fourth straight defeat and zero league points?

It would be interesting. But in all honesty my prediction is that the game will be still fairly close going into last fifteen, giving a false gloss of excitement. But then Armagh will gently ease ahead opening up a 3-4 point lead and the last five minutes or so will peter out. I'll come back on Sunday to hodl my hands up if i'm wrong.

ogshead

Quote from: lawnseed on February 15, 2011, 04:45:08 PM
i was told two years ago that clarky was finished, we cant keep hoping against hope we need to focus on the players who are able to field. this is like people talking about john toal playing again after nearly losing his leg ::) ronan has had a serious injury and he simply cannot be expected to perform as before..

??? ??? Two years ago Ronan played a full season for the Ogs winning a championship!! It was only just before last years championship that he got injured. I remember him playing at least one full game for the Ogs in the league and then came on against Donegal at the end of NFL.

bennydorano

Good to see Armagh fans haven't lost the fickle as f**k approach, dont understand the (over?) Confidence, different game to the Dubs, the intensity will fall back to normal league levels, the minds wont be as focused, i fancy a Monaghan win. (prob good for Armagh tbh)