Bygones

Started by Eamonnca1, March 29, 2019, 10:47:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Jim Bob on March 31, 2019, 01:24:25 PM
waiting for the breadman to arrive !!
And the big long drawers full of cakes and buns. My dad was one of the last retail breadmen. I covered for him when he was on holidays.

trailer

Quote from: armaghniac on March 31, 2019, 03:55:52 PM
GAA paper hats
Car starting handles.
Saturday afternoon gun battles.

Jasus what age are you?

Eamonnca1

Watching or listening to a broadcast at a very specific time of the week to find out who is Number 1 in the music charts.

ONeill

Swimmin in Lough Neagh
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Never beat the deeler

Going over the village to a neighbour's house at a specific time of week to receive a phone call from overseas
Hasta la victoria siempre

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

ziggy90

Lace-up footballs.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

LeoMc

Cars with 4 forward gears & manual chokes

Itchy

Meath never being bet until the game is over.

johnnycool

Quote from: armaghniac on April 01, 2019, 01:17:01 AM
15 amp plugs

With round pins!

I remember the Breadman who would have been the worse for wear on a Saturday afternoon  ;)  if he'd called into a few hostelies on his round.

Also the Braid and Maine lemonade carts called on a Saturday afternoon with the big glass bottles you got money back on the following week.

Remember the glass milk bottles in the blue crates and the cream sitting on the top of them. We needed to put a bit of ply wood on the top of ours to stop the birds pecking holes in the silver lids.

brokencrossbar1

10 p money back on glass mineral bottles.  There was an old boy who owned our local shop and if he was in it on his own we used to sneak the bottles that we had already got 10p back on and re-present them and get double our money!!!

pbat

RTE having a live old first division game on a Saturday.

thebuzz

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 01, 2019, 11:25:22 AM
10 p money back on glass mineral bottles.  There was an old boy who owned our local shop and if he was in it on his own we used to sneak the bottles that we had already got 10p back on and re-present them and get double our money!!!

My youngest brother was called 'Boccles' because he went into the factory next door every day looking for bottles to get the money back on.  :) :)

It was his sole source of income for years.

BennyCake

The old Sunday Game theme.

michaelg