Rossies v Tyrone Hyde Park 13th July 5pm.

Started by giveballaghback, July 06, 2019, 11:11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Hard to see any twist after yesterday.
Have to say any of the small Tyrone crowd I met yesterday seemed sound enough.
As we don't score enough points in our more defensive gameplan this year goals are vital as shown in the 3 Connacht games.
Even Leitrim had more points on the board against us till they fell away/packed it in in the closing stages.
Hard to see us changing our style next week whatever about the likely dead rubber in Páirc Uí Rinn/Chaoimh.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Angelo

Quote from: Estimator on July 14, 2019, 12:41:00 PM
Thought Coldrick had a decent enough game made a few mistakes, (what ref doesn't over the course of 70+mins) a couple of the yellows were harsh, but I would still agree that they were frees. He missed a couple of frees on both sides, but wouldn't agree that he rode either side.

The challenges by McDonnell and Cavanagh both looked awkward from the refs point of view. As someone said early Cregg hit his head off the ground after the challenge by McDonnell which probably did more damage than the hit.

Tyrone were clearly the better side from the off and never looked like they were going to be troubled. Bit like Dublin in the second game. Got scores easier and definitely had another gear in them.

Did someone imagine Cregg hitting his head off the ground too? His head had no contact with either McDonnell or the ground.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

BennyCake

This thread is great craic. Keep it going lads...

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Kurtz on July 14, 2019, 12:31:12 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on July 14, 2019, 12:13:37 PM
Quote from: Kurtz on July 14, 2019, 10:26:56 AM
Quote from: skeog on July 14, 2019, 10:23:45 AM
Rossfan red card my hole,Tyrone won game in second gear for most of the game.
Yup. Tyrone were never in trouble at any point yesterday.
Reality check

The game was very much in the melting pot 1st half and Roscommon could or should have led at the break, the fact they didn't came back to haunt and goals that was vital in the wins v Galway,Mayo didn't come v Tyrone.

I don't think losing to last years AI finalists by 4 points can be considered a reality check. Last years trimming v Tyrone in Croke Park certainly was and was one of the main reasons why Kevin McStay and his management stepped down.
No it wasn’t Rossies still waste too much possession
Scoring average is still not good enough to trouble top teams
Missed chances still don’t count in any sport

No what wasn't, that Roscommon could have led at half time?

Possession stakes especially 1st half was good from Roscommon. Tyrone had more of vice grip on possession 2nd half. Scoring average is rarely high against well organized defences as Tyrone's defence is, for example Mayo's last championship game v Tyrone was won with scoring just 0-13.

Main reason why Roscommon couldn't be competitive v the top teams was because they were ropey in defence.  The missed chances yesterday they didn't miss v Galway and Mayo was my point and those misses proved costly in the end.

Kurtz

Quote from: weareros on July 14, 2019, 01:17:18 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on July 14, 2019, 11:42:13 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on July 14, 2019, 10:56:16 AM
Now I know why ye're neighbours all detest ye.
They have my sympathies.

Now we know why Ballaghaderreen declare for Mayo.

They have our sympathies.

Such juvenile nonsense that belongs on Facebook. Can ye not debate football like men and women. I'm from Ballaghaderreen and will be Ros til I die. As for the game, Tyrone were clearly the better team and congrats on the win. Barring a shock now, both Tyrone and Dublin should qualify but I live in hope that some something interesting will happen next weekend. We looked very sluggish. That could be the 5 week layoff which Connacht Council will need to do something about in planning games, or just that we are still not at the pace of the top teams. We had to work very hard for our scores and got some great ones and unfortunately missed some easy ones. Realistically we needed a couple of goals to win this one and to maintain a clean sheet. We were unlucky in the former and lucky in the latter. That said I was optimistic at halft time as the breeze began to pickup. I thought we might see more long range efforts like we did in the league with the breeze in our favor but Tyrone controlled the second half very well. Never got to grips with McShane who will give Player of the Year a fair rattle this year. The wait to beat Tyrone goes on. While closer, we are still a good bit off at championship level. But lets see what next weekend brings. I have a feel there is a twist in this group yet.

People still use Facebook ?
you know they are mining your data right

sidelineball

Quote from: Angelo on July 14, 2019, 12:09:37 PM
Quote from: giveballaghback on July 14, 2019, 11:51:57 AM
Tyrone took Cregger out of the game with 2 big hits just before half time, got 2 yellows for it but the punishment does not fit the crime, very cynical from tyrone off the ball all match and totally ignored by all those great match officials.
That said Tyrone were the more controlled team and their 17 seasons in top flight football showed in match management, cuteness and experience.
If ros can keep this management team together they have 5 first choice players to return, McInerney, Comptom, C Murtagh Harney and Deveney, all missing for different reasons, also Cathal Heneghan who will be a very top class player. The future should be bright if we can keep it together but running a county team on a budget like the rossies have to do year in year out is not easy.

McDonnell's tackle on Cregg was an innocuous foul, Cregg went down belatedly holding his head when there was absolutely no contact with it. He was hit fairly by Cavanagh in the next passage and Coldrick bizarrely gave him the free and booked McGeary for tackling him after it.

Cregg spent the whole game throwing himself to ground. The margin of victory would have been a lot wider had Coldrick reffed both sides under the same rules. I lost count about the amount of times Roscommon players swung a Tyrone man around by the neck and got away with a booking. HP McGeary was struck in the face when on the ground by Enda Smith in the first 50 seconds of the game after he had been fouled, it happened right in front of the linesman but nothing was done about it, McGeary to his credit got up off the ground fairly quickly and didn't make much of it but it was a certain red card had the referee seen it and done his job.

https://twitter.com/captainbullshi6/status/1150101239658455040?s=21

Said incident with HP McGeary and Smith.
Note the position of the linesman and ref.
Can't help but remember the noise whenever Tyrone players are involved in unsavory incidents. Won't be as much fuss about this I'm sure. Also hard to ignore the fact Tyrone players were given a lot of yellow cards for 'high tackles' and the initial foul by Smith is high up on HP. No card obviously.

macdanger2

Quote from: tyrone08 on July 13, 2019, 11:41:45 PM
The rossie fans were far too pumped up for this match. 2 points scored within 10 minutes and each time you thought they won the match. It was a bit ridiculous and it clearly influenced one of the worst refs about. Everytime tyrone tackled the fans shouted like mad regardless of if it was an actual foul and tyrone got a yellow card. What was the final card count? Tyrone got at least 6 yellows.

How can they have been "too pumped up" and yet influence the ref? Surely influencing the ref is the point of having a partisan home crowd. Sounds to me like the Ross fans did their bit

RedHand88

Quote from: macdanger2 on July 14, 2019, 09:53:32 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on July 13, 2019, 11:41:45 PM
The rossie fans were far too pumped up for this match. 2 points scored within 10 minutes and each time you thought they won the match. It was a bit ridiculous and it clearly influenced one of the worst refs about. Everytime tyrone tackled the fans shouted like mad regardless of if it was an actual foul and tyrone got a yellow card. What was the final card count? Tyrone got at least 6 yellows.

How can they have been "too pumped up" and yet influence the ref? Surely influencing the ref is the point of having a partisan home crowd. Sounds to me like the Ross fans did their bit

The point of having a home support is to cheer the team on, not to bully the referee into making bad calls.

trueblue1234

Quote from: sidelineball on July 14, 2019, 09:43:03 PM
Quote from: Angelo on July 14, 2019, 12:09:37 PM
Quote from: giveballaghback on July 14, 2019, 11:51:57 AM
Tyrone took Cregger out of the game with 2 big hits just before half time, got 2 yellows for it but the punishment does not fit the crime, very cynical from tyrone off the ball all match and totally ignored by all those great match officials.
That said Tyrone were the more controlled team and their 17 seasons in top flight football showed in match management, cuteness and experience.
If ros can keep this management team together they have 5 first choice players to return, McInerney, Comptom, C Murtagh Harney and Deveney, all missing for different reasons, also Cathal Heneghan who will be a very top class player. The future should be bright if we can keep it together but running a county team on a budget like the rossies have to do year in year out is not easy.

McDonnell's tackle on Cregg was an innocuous foul, Cregg went down belatedly holding his head when there was absolutely no contact with it. He was hit fairly by Cavanagh in the next passage and Coldrick bizarrely gave him the free and booked McGeary for tackling him after it.

Cregg spent the whole game throwing himself to ground. The margin of victory would have been a lot wider had Coldrick reffed both sides under the same rules. I lost count about the amount of times Roscommon players swung a Tyrone man around by the neck and got away with a booking. HP McGeary was struck in the face when on the ground by Enda Smith in the first 50 seconds of the game after he had been fouled, it happened right in front of the linesman but nothing was done about it, McGeary to his credit got up off the ground fairly quickly and didn't make much of it but it was a certain red card had the referee seen it and done his job.

https://twitter.com/captainbullshi6/status/1150101239658455040?s=21

Said incident with HP McGeary and Smith.
Note the position of the linesman and ref.
Can't help but remember the noise whenever Tyrone players are involved in unsavory incidents. Won't be as much fuss about this I'm sure. Also hard to ignore the fact Tyrone players were given a lot of yellow cards for 'high tackles' and the initial foul by Smith is high up on HP. No card obviously.

Have to say it was frustrating at the time, but always easier to take when winning. I can imagine how annoyed you'd feel if the game had been decided on  some of the calls.  But debating a bad refereeing display on here is a bit like a circle, pointless. Move on for the next one. Cork obviously looked up for the Dub game given their start. I'm just hoping that has knocked the wind out of their sails a bit.
Last year we were all saying that we were badly missing a Marque forward to do the damage in the vein of a Murphy, McManus, (insert any number of dubs). Is McShane developed enough to offer Tyrone that? Certainly has the talent and has cut out the wastefulness (Mostly). McShane, Donnelly and Harte are three top class players if they can click. Also Sludden when on form can be brilliant. But it's took a while coming this year.
Fancy Kerry to run  Dublin close this year.   
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

omagh_gael

Dirty act by Smith there. Wasn't there a Ros man earlier lamenting a lack of red card for big Kennedy when he made a significantly less dangerous connection to the head area?

Angelo

Quote from: omagh_gael on July 14, 2019, 10:18:57 PM
Dirty act by Smith there. Wasn't there a Ros man earlier lamenting a lack of red card for big Kennedy when he made a significantly less dangerous connection to the head area?

Kennedy attempted to tackle a lad with an open hand who was ducking and falling forward.

Smith must have been attempting to punch the ground but Hugh Pat's head got in the way.

RedHand88

Imagine for a second if that was McCann who did what Smith did there. Imagine the social media outrage.

giveballaghback

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 14, 2019, 10:37:04 PM
Imagine for a second if that was McCann who did what Smith did there. Imagine the social media outrage.
When tyrone are playing you dont need to imagine anything, it happens right in front of your eyes, Smith got fouled after he hit that shot that was saved by morgan, peno all day, also after the save from cregg a tyrone player picked the ball straight off the ground in the big square but sure the ref was a rossie ;D

Angelo

Quote from: giveballaghback on July 14, 2019, 11:03:30 PM
When tyrone are playing you dont need to imagine anything, it happens right in front of your eyes, Smith got fouled after he hit that shot that was saved by morgan, peno all day, also after the save from cregg a tyrone player picked the ball straight off the ground in the big square but sure the ref was a rossie ;D

You've a vivid imagination. Will the Roscommon media be running a match report this week on how they beat Tyrone as they bid to defend their All Ireland title or does the delusion extend only to the performance of the referee?

tyrone08

It's the exact same as the cavan player who punched meyler in the jaw, it's all forgotten about as it wasn't a Tyrone player doing it. Best just to keep these clips until some stupid person questions a potential foul by a Tyrone player then post it.

Any natural can clearly see what has been going on the last 2 weeks against Tyrone. Its clear that there will be more "missed"incidents against tyrone players in the next few weeks