Rossies v Tyrone Hyde Park 13th July 5pm.

Started by giveballaghback, July 06, 2019, 11:11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarshack

Quote from: oliverkelly on July 13, 2019, 09:37:25 PM
Coldrick had a nightmare. Gave Tyrone some soft yellows but over the course of the game he rode Roscommon. Gave Tyrone so many soft phantom frees and Roscommon couldnt buy a free other end of the field.

:o :o :o

BennyHarp

Quote from: oliverkelly on July 13, 2019, 09:37:25 PM
Coldrick had a nightmare. Gave Tyrone some soft yellows but over the course of the game he rode Roscommon. Gave Tyrone so many soft phantom frees and Roscommon couldnt buy a free other end of the field.

This should be in the WTF thread.
That was never a square ball!!

Blowitupref

Not the highest of quality of games but a decent competitive contest all the same and far cry from the total mis-match that was played in Croke Park last year between the two.

Tyrone just that little smarter and match sharper on the day. I thought Roscommon did more that enough to find themselves at least level at half time and any underdog have to take the goal chances that came their way 1st half to stand any chance of causing upset.

Tyrone played their best football in the 2nd half displaying serious strength and conditioning the longer that game went on and once they got Cathal McShane more into the game (held scoreless from play 1st half) there was only going to be one winner. On the balance of play over the 70 plus minutes i thought the 4 point margin was a fair reflection of that match

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

kerryforsam19

Tyrone were better tonight.  Coldrick had a great game.

meathie

Good first half, but Rossies not close in reality. Anytime they threatened Tyrone we're into next gear. Every score matched.

SLIGONIAN

Cunningham " it was a game of fine margins and a few calls went against us at a crucial time"  :o ;D

I think what he was trying to say is Coldrick stopped favouring us late on when he saw we weren't going to win with his help anyway.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

omagh_gael

Couldn't make the game but on TV it appeared that the Rossie crowd were hyper manic in the first half. Any contact from a Tyrone man was howled at and demonised and clearly Coldrick bought every single crowd outrage early on. Stupid reffing. When Ros had any sign of an attack the crowd went crazy and it appeared to affect the Ros players in my option. They played with the emotion the crowd projected. Tyrone played clinically and calmly and stepped it up in second half and Ros couldn't live with it.

McShane is getting better every week. I accept we need to keep our defensive more protected but would love to see us leave at least one man up with him. Surely McCurry playing off him would leave us much more dangerous with only a slight impact on our defensive structures.

oliverkelly

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on July 13, 2019, 10:59:57 PM
Cunningham " it was a game of fine margins and a few calls went against us at a crucial time"  :o ;D

I think what he was trying to say is Coldrick stopped favouring us late on when he saw we weren't going to win with his help anyway.

Give your head serious wobble. Ref rode Roscommon. Better team won but you don't stand a chance when ref favours Tyrone

omagh_gael

Quote from: oliverkelly on July 13, 2019, 11:18:14 PM

Give your head serious wobble. Ref rode Roscommon. Better team won but you don't stand a chance when ref favours Tyrone

Ease up on the Ketamine lad.

Hound

Ref didn't favour either team. Like all GAA matches he made mistakes. A couple of the Tyrone yellows were too harsh. Blowing the whistle for a Rossie free just as a Ros player was shooting at goal from close range was incorrect. Who knows whether the whistle affected the Ros player, but if that had hit the net, it would have been the worst decision of the match.

tyrone08

The rossie fans were far too pumped up for this match. 2 points scored within 10 minutes and each time you thought they won the match. It was a bit ridiculous and it clearly influenced one of the worst refs about. Everytime tyrone tackled the fans shouted like mad regardless of if it was an actual foul and tyrone got a yellow card. What was the final card count? Tyrone got at least 6 yellows.

Dire Ear

Terrible, terrible display by the ref, biased from the start,

oliverkelly

Quote from: Dire Ear on July 14, 2019, 12:16:14 AM
Terrible, terrible display by the ref, biased from the start,

Have to agree. If Tyrone keep getting refs like that no even dublin will stop them.easily worth 6 or 7 points a game when ref is your 16th man

Dire Ear

Rudi

Quote from: oliverkelly on July 13, 2019, 11:18:14 PM

Spot on Ollie the better team won and Tyrone are a fine side. Some huge calls and phantom frees went against us, Tyrone had the 16th man tonight. That said they were the better side and said gobshite from Meath had a few strange calls against them too. Looked like a big penalty call in last 5 mins and did Tyrone score a goal that never was in second half looked like it to me.