Rossies v Tyrone Hyde Park 13th July 5pm.

Started by giveballaghback, July 06, 2019, 11:11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fearsiuil

Quote from: Jayop on July 13, 2019, 05:38:52 PM
Quote from: fearsiuil on July 13, 2019, 05:37:35 PM
Cregg reaction and crowd got McDonnell booked there.

It's pathetic from the ref.
You're hardly the voice of reason yourself  ;).

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: tyrone08 on July 13, 2019, 05:39:40 PM
There is a serious issue with how cards are issued. Christ if tyrone fart they get a card
unbelievable.
Just let the crowd referee it sure ffs
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Jayop

Quote from: laceer on July 13, 2019, 05:40:32 PM
Even commentator is calling it out. Never a free at the end

Ah even if the cav tackle wasn't mcgeary rushing in was a foul. Don't think the fouls have been any problem either way. Just the cards.

jmk

Cregg has done that his whole career

Jayop

Quote from: fearsiuil on July 13, 2019, 05:41:36 PM
Quote from: Jayop on July 13, 2019, 05:38:52 PM

It's pathetic from the ref.
You're hardly the voice of reason yourself  ;).

Nope. I'm as biased as they come.

fearsiuil

Quote from: laceer on July 13, 2019, 05:40:32 PM
Even commentator is calling it out. Never a free at the end
Earley wrong there IMO, Cavanagh tackled arseways to take Rossie out.

fearsiuil

thewobbler

Ref has pretty much let everything go apart from high tackles, which also result in a card.

It might seem a little biased against Tyrone - but they keep doing it!

tyrone08

Quote from: Jayop on July 13, 2019, 05:41:19 PM
I honestly don't think the ref has got a single decision wrong in terms of a awarding a free but the cards issue has haunted us for years. We have to do far less to get them than every team we play against.
[/quote

Agreed. Yes most of them are fouls but would question the card. Every high tackle this year has been  a yellow but Peter harte gets a high tackle and no card is shown.

RedHand88

If that's a yellow card for McDonnell at the end then I'm away to take up tennis or something.

Jayop

Mcshane being tripped was a black twice as much as anything harte did this year and they weren't over turned so the gaa clearly say a mistimed tackle with a hanging foot is a black.

It's not imo and I hope neither team pick up a black. Just don't like the uneven way they're issued.

Cunny Funt

A competitive contest so far. Tyrone lucky enough to be ahead at half time as on another day the rossies would have scored those goal chances and they missed a few straight forward frees also.

Jayop

Quote from: Cunny Funt on July 13, 2019, 05:48:50 PM
A competitive contest so far. Tyrone lucky enough to be ahead at half time as on another day the rossies would have scored those goal chances and they missed a few straight forward frees also.

Aye on the balance of play the rossies could be disappointed to be behind. Very worried here.

blewuporstuffed

I think its a stretch to say the second one was a decebt goal chance. He was coming in from a tight angle and had nothing to shoot at. You would have been asking serious questions of morgan if he goals from there.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

armaghniac

Good standard of play here, worthy of the last 8.

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on July 13, 2019, 05:53:14 PM
I think its a stretch to say the second one was a decebt goal chance. He was coming in from a tight angle and had nothing to shoot at. You would have been asking serious questions of morgan if he goals from there.

He could have passed it.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B