Rossies v Tyrone Hyde Park 13th July 5pm.

Started by giveballaghback, July 06, 2019, 11:11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Trap

1951 is a long time ago.
2018 record Roscommon 0-13 Donegal 0-20 Roscommon 2-16 Dublin 4-24 Roscommon 2-12 Tyrone 4-24........throw in Meath and Cork too and call it the Super 5's.

weareros

Quote from: The Trap on July 08, 2019, 02:11:17 PM
1951 is a long time ago.

1951 is Mayo you are thinking of. We are actually worse!

Cunny Funt

Quote from: The Trap on July 08, 2019, 02:11:17 PM
1951 is a long time ago.
2018 record Roscommon 0-13 Donegal 0-20 Roscommon 2-16 Dublin 4-24 Roscommon 2-12 Tyrone 4-24........throw in Meath and Cork too and call it the Super 5's.

A year can be a long time in football also.

2018 Donegal 1-13 Tyrone 2-17. 2019 Donegal 1-16 Tyrone 0-15
2018 Galway 0-16 Roscomon 2-6  2019 Galway 0-12 Roscommon 1-13

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Rossfan on July 08, 2019, 11:58:38 AM
Looks like we should give a wall over in this one ::)
"It's still Roscommon"!!!!
What a comment.
We were winning  All Irelands while them yokes were still living in caves >:(

Harsh last sentence there Rossfan. NI was a very cold house for nationalists in the 1940s. And you know as well as I do all Irelands 60/70/80 years ago holds no water nowadays. Nada.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

The Trap

I actually hope Roscommon do make a game of it and it is interesting to watch right up to the end. What I was asking is how do you think they will play it?

Cunny Funt

Quote from: The Trap on July 08, 2019, 02:42:55 PM
I actually hope Roscommon do make a game of it and it is interesting to watch right up to the end. What I was asking is how do you think they will play it?

Roscommon deliver the same intensity as they did v Galway,Mayo then this game should be a competitive one, but if they are flat after a 4 week break then Tyrone will ease to victory

Fuzzman

Tyrone held Cavan to 3 points in the first half. I think they have gone back to being very tough to break down and create good scoring chances. That can be very demoralising for most teams, especially when they get turned over and Tyrone pick off easy scores from distance. Look how many times McCurry was shooting from right up the middle from 30 or 40 yards.
A few years ago when the Dubs hammered us in the semi final, Sean Cavanagh and Co were saying Dublin are just at a different level and that they couldn't do much about it.
I think maybe there can be a similar gap between the next group of teams and the ones below that. Tyrone are playing quite differently now than how they did a few months ago.
They don't kick too many aimlessly hopeful high balls into McShane if he's for several players around him.

I wonder who the ref is?

inroundthesquare

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 08, 2019, 05:15:23 PM
Tyrone held Cavan to 3 points in the first half. I think they have gone back to being very tough to break down and create good scoring chances. That can be very demoralising for most teams, especially when they get turned over and Tyrone pick off easy scores from distance. Look how many times McCurry was shooting from right up the middle from 30 or 40 yards.
A few years ago when the Dubs hammered us in the semi final, Sean Cavanagh and Co were saying Dublin are just at a different level and that they couldn't do much about it.
I think maybe there can be a similar gap between the next group of teams and the ones below that. Tyrone are playing quite differently now than how they did a few months ago.
They don't kick too many aimlessly hopeful high balls into McShane if he's for several players around him.

I wonder who the ref is?

Ref is Coldrick..

twohands!!!

Quote from: Armagh18 on July 08, 2019, 06:39:29 PM
https://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/tyrone-gaa-manager-mickey-harte-apologises-after-players-sing-rebel-song-during-band-parade-38292651.html

Maybe the Tyrone huers aren't as bad as I thought.

Quote"The matter is being dealt with in-house and we won't be making any further comment," he added.

Everyone who was singing will have to do one extra push up as punishment.

Plus 150 decades of the rosary.

under the bar

Main Street

I wonder how Mickey Harte feels after getting publicly bitch slapped by Arlene Foster.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Main Street on July 09, 2019, 12:53:12 PM
I wonder how Mickey Harte feels after getting publicly bitch slapped by Arlene Foster.

Surely a Monaghan fan knows what a bitch slapping feels like. Tyrone have been doing it to them consistently in the latter stages of the championship in recent years.
That was never a square ball!!