The Official UFC Thread

Started by RONAN, February 05, 2008, 11:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoG2

Quote from: The Gs Man on November 16, 2016, 11:16:16 AM
Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on November 16, 2016, 10:31:47 AM
McGregor is advertised to be in Cookstown this weekend at a night club.  I presume then he will be attending UFC Belfast and making his way to Cookstown after the event

I call bullshit on this one.

Even if he turns up at UFC Belfast, who in their right mind would leave the event just to turn up at a nite club in Cookstown, never mind a multi-million pound earning global superstar?

I bet it turns out to be that lad who does the McGregor impression.

maybe Calum Best wearing a McGregor wig?  :)

Tyrone Gaa

McGregor is advertised to be in Cookstown this weekend at a night club.  I presume then he will be attending UFC Belfast and making his way to Cookstown after the event

Even if he turns up at UFC Belfast, who in their right mind would leave the event just to turn up at a nite club in Cookstown, never mind a multi-million pound earning global superstar?

I was of the same opinion but I now actually think its genuine.  Obviously McGregor doesn't need the money and the appearance fee would be small fry.  But perhaps the owners of this night club have contacts close to McGregor and he is doing them a favour. 

If it turns out to be an impersonator it would backfire massively on the nightclub. 
Living the dream!!!

Up The Middle

What would McGregor get as an appearance fee, couldn't be any less than 25 grand id imagine.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

The Gs Man

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on November 16, 2016, 11:34:30 AM

I was of the same opinion but I now actually think its genuine.  Obviously McGregor doesn't need the money and the appearance fee would be small fry.  But perhaps the owners of this night club have contacts close to McGregor and he is doing them a favour. 

If it turns out to be an impersonator it would backfire massively on the nightclub.

That's the only way I could see it happening, if he knows somebody there and as you say, he is doing a favour.

Ah well, fair dues if he shows up. 
Keep 'er lit

Club Rossa

No tickets left for his Cookstown appearance.

Gabriel_Hurl

Figured this might happen

Quote***Statement from Sense Nightclub***

We have just received confirmation that Conor Mc Gregor has cancelled his personal appearance in Sense Nightclub this Saturday 19th of November. We are awaiting a statement from either Conor or his agent whom we made the booking through.
In the meantime we can only apologise for this but it is totally out of our control.
Tickets bought online can be refunded on the Eventbrite website. VIP refunds can be obtained by calling the Sense office tomorrow between 10am-4pm on 02886767575.

When we know more information as to why Conor cancelled, we will post this.

Apologies again,

Team Sense

TheOptimist

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on November 16, 2016, 05:36:35 PM
Figured this might happen

Quote***Statement from Sense Nightclub***

We have just received confirmation that Conor Mc Gregor has cancelled his personal appearance in Sense Nightclub this Saturday 19th of November. We are awaiting a statement from either Conor or his agent whom we made the booking through.
In the meantime we can only apologise for this but it is totally out of our control.
Tickets bought online can be refunded on the Eventbrite website. VIP refunds can be obtained by calling the Sense office tomorrow between 10am-4pm on 02886767575.

When we know more information as to why Conor cancelled, we will post this.

Apologies again,

Team Sense

I wonder have the nightclub been scammed?

take_yer_points

I see el devino advertising that he's appearing there on Saturday night too

Minder

I wouldn't have thought he was in the Big Brother type £2k a nightclub appearance circuit
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

imtommygunn

The tyrone gig is cancelled.

ONeill

Fcuk sake. Who'll come now. Hope not yer wan from UTV again, Pamela
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

square_ball

Quote from: ONeill on November 16, 2016, 11:24:23 PM
Fcuk sake. Who'll come now. Hope not yer wan from UTV again, Pamela

I heard Malachi is gonna be making an appearance instead now.

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: take_yer_points on November 16, 2016, 05:53:04 PM
I see el devino advertising that he's appearing there on Saturday night too

It's some look-a-like doing the rounds and milking the thing.

gallsman

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on November 28, 2016, 01:31:46 PM
Surprised there's been no mention of this

http://www.ufc.ca/news/McGregor-vacates-featherweight-title

They've made a complete balls of it. I'm more surprised there's no word from McGregor yet.