Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dire Ear

Not sure tbh, was told that Beragh "decided" to stay in grade 3; unfair to others as they were outstanding

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: redzone on July 21, 2018, 03:32:16 PM
Are the grading not decided by how a team does at u13 level. Used to be the case.
U13 has changed format to something that almost resembles go games with 4 teams going to a venue to play 3 20 minute each way games, so grades for U14 are difficult to determine now.

barelegs

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on July 21, 2018, 03:37:59 PM
Quote from: redzone on July 21, 2018, 03:32:16 PM
Are the grading not decided by how a team does at u13 level. Used to be the case.
U13 has changed format to something that almost resembles go games with 4 teams going to a venue to play 3 20 minute each way games, so grades for U14 are difficult to determine now.

Yes but given that Beragh won a clean sweep in Grade 3 last year with similar ease it's difficult to see what was gained playing 13 aside against teams with squads of 15 and 16 players when they had 25 fit to strip out. I don't care how bad my own clubs teams are, if they've 20 players fit to play they'll be in at least Grade 2 to give at as many lads as possible a chance to play.

Tyrone95

Given the scenario where Tyrone where to make an All ireland final, would this most likely leave club championship starting 2nd week in Sept? still a few league games to play also so it may leave the season running into the end of October again for a few clubs

sizzler

RRHF - regardless of all the nonsense around 'she said / he said' - there is no reason why this fixture could not be fulfilled. I'm sure there are plenty of good GAA folk around Donaghmore that are at the very least disappointed that the management and club decided not to field. That sends the wrong message to the players that when things don't go your way you just dont turn up.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Tyrone95 on July 23, 2018, 08:28:23 AM
Given the scenario where Tyrone where to make an All ireland final, would this most likely leave club championship starting 2nd week in Sept? still a few league games to play also so it may leave the season running into the end of October again for a few clubs

They would play 1/2 of the outstanding league games before Championship. Then it would likely be run off in weeks leaving one last round of games.

rrhf

Quote from: sizzler on July 23, 2018, 12:28:55 PM
RRHF - regardless of all the nonsense around 'she said / he said' - there is no reason why this fixture could not be fulfilled. I'm sure there are plenty of good GAA folk around Donaghmore that are at the very least disappointed that the management and club decided not to field. That sends the wrong message to the players that when things don't go your way you just dont turn up.
To be honest disappointed at Ardboe and the county board. That's all. Move along now.

sizzler

.....and I'm sure Ardboe are disappointed with Donaghmore. Also heard that they hadn't the decency to email the county board to officially confirm they were conceding the game and Stewartstown Harps opened their facilities, put out cones, charged spectators entrance fee, the referee came all the way from west Tyrone.....donaghmore have t really any right to be taking the moral high ground on this one.

rrhf

If your information is from Ardboe I wouldn't care to  believe it anyway.

sizzler

You should have been a politician RRHF. That information is factual from a Stewartstown man. You avoided the issue about not fielding by saying 'you wish to move on' and now the issue of putting everyone out on the evening as being 'fake news'.
I still believe Donaghmore have let themselves down and i'm sure many people would agree with me.

Club Rossa

I heard the views of 2 Donaghmore men at the Tyrone game,both ex county players.
They're very unhappy with their management team for not fielding and also said that parents are livid with them.RRHF will probably dismiss this as lies but there seems to be a feeling from Donaghmore people that management have fecked up big time
I know the Ardboe lads were really looking forward to the game.You can imagine their disappointment when Donaghmore failed to show.
I also feel sorry for the Donaghmore players who were denied the chance to play in a county final by their own coaches.

Under Lights

Looks like they are going to wrap up D3 league in the next few weeks- then run off the championship. Could be a potential long wait for a team in the playoffs (and have to wait to D2 to finish up) and maybe dumped out of first round of championship.

Club boi

Quote from: sizzler on July 23, 2018, 07:17:00 PM
.....and I'm sure Ardboe are disappointed with Donaghmore. Also heard that they hadn't the decency to email the county board to officially confirm they were conceding the game and Stewartstown Harps opened their facilities, put out cones, charged spectators entrance fee, the referee came all the way from west Tyrone.....donaghmore have t really any right to be taking the moral high ground on this one.

Im sure Im not the only 1 who was growing tired of hearing about this but if even half of this quote is true, then the Donaghmore management have let themselves down badly

Club Rossa

All of it true Club boi,I was in Stewartstown and saw this for myself.

DCR

Donaghmore managers should be ashamed of themselves.
I am astounded that they got clearance from their committee to forfeit the match.