James McClean

Started by thewobbler, July 19, 2015, 12:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

God be with the good old days pre 1967 when Doug and co. didn't need to be pussyfooting around those awful Fenians and their politicians.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Jim_Murphy_74

BennyCake

Jim_Murphy_74

bennydorano

f**k me boys you are easily annoyed. Poppy mania is mildly annoying at best.

armaghniac

Quote from: thebigfella on November 01, 2016, 04:47:27 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on November 01, 2016, 04:18:54 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on November 01, 2016, 03:49:58 PM
What is different about poppy and easter lily? They both commemorate militants and are misused in certain parts of Ireland?

One commemorates people trying to colonise a country, another people trying to end that colonisation.

Christ and I thought the poppy fascists were bad

What exactly was wrong, or fascist, about my statement?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Estimator

Regarding the 'Poppy on the jersey':

@oilysailor
The last time England played on November 11 was 1987 vs Yugoslavia. Shirts had on them an embroidered Umbro logo & an England badge.
Ulster League Champions 2009

muppet

Quote from: Estimator on November 02, 2016, 06:42:29 PM
Regarding the 'Poppy on the jersey':

@oilysailor
The last time England played on November 11 was 1987 vs Yugoslavia. Shirts had on them an embroidered Umbro logo & an England badge.

Look what happened Yugoslavia after that!
MWWSI 2017

seafoid

Quote from: ashman on November 02, 2016, 11:48:11 AM
The poppy appeal is used to raise funds for military personnel who fall on hard times .  Simply parliament voted to send the BA to war , parliament voted monies to pay for said war , parliament should them make sure soldiers are provided for on leaving army.

I used to help out in a homeless shelter in London and a good chunk of the alcoholics were ex service with serious mental health issues who die 10 years before people in offices do.  The hypocrisy of the 11 Nov always sickened me. They don't take care of their soldiers. In 2003 they sent squaddies off to Iraq for what ?

Buying poppies is easy. Changing structural abuse is very hard.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

JoG2

Quote from: T Fearon on November 02, 2016, 07:15:05 PM
What's the difference between wearing a poppy or a freestate minister playing a full part in remembering British Army war dead,and Mary Mc Aleese travelling with the Queen of England to foreign killing fields to do so.

What war dead and what killing fields?

BennyCake

Quote from: seafoid on November 02, 2016, 07:11:37 PM
Quote from: ashman on November 02, 2016, 11:48:11 AM
The poppy appeal is used to raise funds for military personnel who fall on hard times .  Simply parliament voted to send the BA to war , parliament voted monies to pay for said war , parliament should them make sure soldiers are provided for on leaving army.

I used to help out in a homeless shelter in London and a good chunk of the alcoholics were ex service with serious mental health issues who die 10 years before people in offices do.  The hypocrisy of the 11 Nov always sickened me. They don't take care of their soldiers. In 2003 they sent squaddies off to Iraq for what ?

Buying poppies is easy. Changing structural abuse is very hard.

Oil.

I remember a few years ago when people were angry at Blair when lots of soldiers coffins where brought home. Sent to die in a needless war etc. And yet they still enlist.

Samforever

Quote from: T Fearon on November 02, 2016, 07:22:58 PM
Did not Mary Mc Aleese,representing official Ireland,not accompany Queen Elizabeth to Flanders years ago,to commemorate British Soldiers killed in WW1.

What's with the  double "not"

ONeill

Quote from: hardstation on November 01, 2016, 08:40:24 PM
I'm shocked that Tony's wife tried to bate a Protestant woman out of the Vatican. Fair play to the woman for standing up for herself and not allowing this to happen.

This shocked me too.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

trileacman

I'm shocked he has a wife.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014