Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

befair

Always hard to assess form at this time of year; new managers, many team changes since the autumn, and Kilcoo + Burren tend to start slowly with their eyes on the bigger prize. It will be more competitive this year; Loughinisland are a tougher challenge than Saval + An Riocht. Perhaps Ballyholland for relegation, the other is anyone's guess

general

Rostrevor beat CPN 0.09 to 0.06 in the opening round of Div1

by the pic rostrevor posted on their social - pitch looks fecked already

Cuan12

Smurf , I got my prediction wrong , Warrenpoint beat by 3 points not two, are Warrenpoint not in the top four as you have maintained, long season for Warrenpoint I think, what happened tonight

Smurfy123

Better team won. Conditions were very poor and when Rostrevor went ahead they packed a lot of men behind the ball. If Mooney has of taken that goal chance after half time it could have been more. Few of our lads only back tonight so they will get better but fair play to the reds.

Leftmidfield

Quote from: Smurfy123 on April 04, 2019, 08:43:35 PM
Better team won. Conditions were very poor and when Rostrevor went ahead they packed a lot of men behind the ball. If Mooney has of taken that goal chance after half time it could have been more. Few of our lads only back tonight so they will get better but fair play to the reds.
Agree. Best team won. Sh*t conditions for both teams. Referee made some dubious decisions against both teams especially for supposed over carrying. Point missing a few Boyle and Grant for example. Well done rostrevor

Smurfy123

Boyle wasn't allowed to play as Newry have a match tomorrow night. Anyone know was Rushe playing for Ballyholland tonight? He also plays for Newry

elk

Rostrevor were the better team tonight. Just a pity the pitch and weather limited any chance of decent football being played. Thought Rostrevor looked fitter as well.

Smurfy123

No complaints about last night better team win. Downjim is very quiet. No word of the 20 point hammering Burren suffered against Crossmaglen? That championship win going to some heads already from what I hear. At least Kilcoo always stayed grounded

Nanderson

Does anyone else have problems getting on to the county website? Just seems to load for ages and can't load competitions to get results. Why in 2019 do we have a crap website platform?

Mourne Rover

The website seems to have had technical problems for some time but it is pretty poor that the service has actually got worse for the start of our all county leagues.

SamFever

Quote from: Mourne Rover on April 06, 2019, 02:07:22 PM
The website seems to have had technical problems for some time but it is pretty poor that the service has actually got worse for the start of our all county leagues.
......and our main Sponsor is an IT Company.Surely they could advise(if asked)

Dubh driocht

Great to have the leagues started again. No big shocks and everyone still believes it could be their year. A good distraction from our county team spending another year in Division 3. Reading the preview of the Division 3 final today it was a harsh reminder that in 2016 and 2017 Down lost more games than any other team in the country. Then we were relegated to Division 3 in 2018. Brutal again. Then we can't get out of the third division in 2019. Let's hope that the thought of Armagh gets players and management focused.

Smurfy123

I wonder will today's abandoned minor league match teams be given the same punishment that last years Senior teams got. Interesting to see what way it is dealt with

Hedgehunter

Quote from: Smurfy123 on April 07, 2019, 08:25:54 PM
I wonder will today's abandoned minor league match teams be given the same punishment that last years Senior teams got. Interesting to see what way it is dealt with

Heard it was abandoned..How bad was it??

Cuan12