America`s Gun Culture

Started by Wildweasel74, December 14, 2012, 06:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AustinPowers

Quote from: whitey on October 26, 2023, 01:32:27 PMSome of the gun supporters are just complete idiots

They're bringing in some new restrictions here in Massachusetts, whereby if you carry a gun on your person, you would have to notify someone before you enter their house that you're carrying. (Eg a friend invites you over for dinner)

The person who was telling me was outraged at that proposed restriction and couldn't understand why I wouldn't want someone with a gun coming into my house without me knowing they were armed.

Why  would you bring a gun around to someone's house?

Getting ready to  leave for dinner at John and Mary's. "Get the  coats, dear. I'll get the shotgun"

Mad.

armaghniac

Quote from: AustinPowers on October 26, 2023, 06:10:00 PM
Quote from: whitey on October 26, 2023, 01:32:27 PMSome of the gun supporters are just complete idiots

They're bringing in some new restrictions here in Massachusetts, whereby if you carry a gun on your person, you would have to notify someone before you enter their house that you're carrying. (Eg a friend invites you over for dinner)

The person who was telling me was outraged at that proposed restriction and couldn't understand why I wouldn't want someone with a gun coming into my house without me knowing they were armed.

Getting ready to  leave for dinner at John and Mary's. "Get the  coats, dear. I'll get the shotgun"

Mad.

Friends you might be able to ask, but presumably you could have repair men and the like as well.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

RedHand88

Quote from: armaghniac on October 26, 2023, 07:44:41 PM

Mad.

Friends you might be able to ask, but presumably you could have repair men and the like as well.

If the plumber lands with a handgun he's not getting past the gate.

JoG2

Quote from: RedHand88 on October 26, 2023, 07:52:49 PM

Mad.

Re this restriction above. The local Dirty Harry-lite enters your house and:

A. Alerts you to the fact that's he / she is carry a gun (I'm presuming it's loaded). This then I assume either gives the home owner a chance to grab their gun and have it handy incase they have an argument / too much drink / lsd, any other mind altering drug / dual or a slim slim chance to get out of that room and try (chances are extremely slim) to get to their own armory without getting peppered with bullets. Other members of the home owners family could well receive some friendly fire

B: Not alert the home owner (what is the penalty BTW?). Regardless of the penalty, if the visitor skins their smoke wagon and either kills or wounds the home owner, the penalty for not declaring in the first place is not worth a buck.

....kudos to the law makers in Massachusetts.

whitey

Mad.

You wouldn't even know they have it. 

They have all types of concealed carry holsters for depending on what you're wearing.

Ankle holster-long trousers

Shoulder holster-wearing a jacket

Hip holster-hoody or untucked shirt

Milltown Row2

Quote from: whitey on October 26, 2023, 08:26:02 PM

Mad.

They have all types of concealed carry holsters for depending on what you're wearing.

With all the concealed guns and users about you'd expect at least someone in the bowling alley had a good gun? Or do they leave it in the lockers with their shoes?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

RedHand88

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 26, 2023, 09:56:37 PM
Quote from: whitey on October 26, 2023, 08:26:02 PM

Mad.

With all the concealed guns and users about you'd expect at least someone in the blowing alley had a good gun? Or do they leave it in the lockers with their shoes?

Funny how there are hundreds of good guys with guns now trying to find the bad guy with a gun and they haven't a clue where he is 24 hours later.