Doire v Mhuineacháin 24/5/09

Started by Oakleafer93, April 27, 2009, 12:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schkite

Quote from: WhoAreYaWhoAreYa! on May 24, 2009, 08:03:04 PM
What was the craic with the numbers on the monagahan jerseys??

Apparently the numbers on the back were made up of the names of the panel and backroom team! Don't understand it myself, seems a bit over the top, think the Irish rugby team did something like that didn't they?

Rav67

I thoroughly enjoyed the game today.  :)

Typical yapping on here and in the meedja when a game turns a bit cynical, sure its championship football the teams no each other well and Derry couldn't allow themselves to get bullied again, wtf did youse expect.  Unless a game has less than 20 fouls and finishes 2-18 each gaa folk are lining up to have a go at the game, why does this negativity only happen in gaelic games and not among followers of other sports and in particular the media?

Was delighted with the win, thought GOK was excellent as were the McGoldricks.  Still carrying too many players in the forward line however, QFs will probably be as far as this team will go I think but hopefully with a bit of luck could win Ulster.

Joxer

Just in to the house this minute. This stewarding is hard work.    First things first.   Thanks be to god we seen a bit of football today- in the minor game.  Very entertaining game.  Monaghan deserved their victory,   missed a bagful but fought for the win

Right senior game:

Listen folks,  Clerkin is a t**ker who needs to get his head out of his hole and for someone to tell him he isn't really a county player.  Same applies for Woods and D Mone.  Think they are the big hard men who will beat the world, where the reality is they cant play football and go down at every opportunity. Now I am not defending Clerkin by any means because he was at it the whole game but the eye gouge attempt on Clerkin, Alan Quinlan would have been proud.  Monaghan had no intention of playing football from the outset.  The hard man approach and thinking you are Armagh does not work Banty.  Only man that can hold his head up for Monaghan would be Darren Hughes.  Never stopped trying for the 70 mins.  Thought Derry let Monaghan try to do the boxing and they played the ball.  Monaghan took their "eye off the ball" bigtime.  Monaghan have missed the boat and no harm to them but there is only so many times you can go to the well.

Derry will go well this year I think but Brian Mullan wont see a whole pile.  Looking at 8-12 weeks I would think

Quote from: Schkite on May 24, 2009, 08:06:52 PM
Quote from: WhoAreYaWhoAreYa! on May 24, 2009, 08:03:04 PM
What was the craic with the numbers on the monagahan jerseys??

Apparently the numbers on the back were made up of the names of the panel and backroom team! Don't understand it myself, seems a bit over the top, think the Irish rugby team did something like that didn't they?

Concentrated on playing football wopuld be better suited to them

BobKelso

Quote from: ExiledGael on May 24, 2009, 07:47:26 PM
Quote from: BobKelso on May 24, 2009, 07:40:48 PM
Any forget about Mark lynch lads, he adds nothing to a championship team.

Balls.

No its not. Name away at his decent championship games.

Bar a goal off the bench against Mayo he may as well not been there.

INDIANA

Quote from: Rav67 on May 24, 2009, 08:09:28 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed the game today.  :)

Typical yapping on here and in the meedja when a game turns a bit cynical, sure its championship football the teams no each other well and Derry couldn't allow themselves to get bullied again, wtf did youse expect.  Unless a game has less than 20 fouls and finishes 2-18 each gaa folk are lining up to have a go at the game, why does this negativity only happen in gaelic games and not among followers of other sports and in particular the media?

Was delighted with the win, thought GOK was excellent as were the McGoldricks.  Still carrying too many players in the forward line however, QFs will probably be as far as this team will go I think but hopefully with a bit of luck could win Ulster.

Can't agree.It was a dreadful advert for Gaelic Football. Unless there is some effort made to cut the cynical fouling and the off the ball stuff out of the game. It is going to be ruined. We've got other sports getting more and more popular in this country. Crap like the 2nd half last week and that garbage today is playing into their hands. That today was as bad as I've seen for a few years.

Overthebar!

Quote from: Oakleafer93 on May 24, 2009, 07:42:10 PM
Now Whiskey Steve etc, you opinions on Chrissy Mc Kaigue after today please...would have preferred Brian og Mc Alary on. After his point he did very little.

oakleaker93-read over some of your last posts. have you nothing better to be at? you have to be the silliest poster on this board, an embarrasment at the best of times.

mckaigue did a good job today for a player who has little c'ship experience and who only found out they would be playing soon before the game. whilst i do not advocate the play acting he took a good score and was played a good role in a well organised halfback line

also i am glad derry stood up for themselves today. much better than everyone cursing them up and down if they were bullied and lost.
some folk are never happy

ps lynch has something to offer bobkelso-catch yourself on

Yes I Would

take off the county coloured goggles lads.

Mc Cloy, Mc Guckin and B Mc Goldrick were acting as big a c***ts all day long as were D Mone, Clerkin, Woods.

Schkite

Quote from: Yes I Would on May 24, 2009, 08:16:30 PM

Mc Cloy, Mc Guckin and B Mc Goldrick were acting as big a c***ts all day long as were D Mone, Clerkin, Woods.

Finally a bit of sense!

Oakleafer would you cop onto yourself, you really know how to rub it in don't you! Ever heard of being gracious in victory? Now you're pouring scorn on all of Monaghan's games in recent times. As we've nowhere near the resources of bigger counties like yourselves we have to play on the edge with alot of intensity in an attempt to compete. Losing anyone to injury is a huge loss, unlike yourselves where yous have a heap of boys ready to step in seemlessly.

AFS

As a fellow neutral I'd tend to agree with you. From what was caught on camera Derry looked every bit as bad as, if not worse than, Monaghan. Maybe other stuff went on that wasn't picked up on TV, I dunno  :-\

Schkite

Quote from: Oakleafer93 on May 24, 2009, 08:21:55 PM

Monaghan as many have said had never any intention of playing football, Derry just fought fire with fire and won simple as that. Woods, Clerkin D Mone are no angels and Hanratty at the end with Mc Cloy, Mc Cloys bigger so he's obviously going to come off better from it but it takes 2 to tango.

Like I said before, name another game Derry have played with that style, better still name a game Monaghan haven't.

Did you actually see this incident? McGuckian and McCloy were pushing Hanratty and Downey around like ragdolls, them wee boys aren't stupid enough to go looking for trouble with these brutes. Then you have Gillis running out of goal to get Hanratty in a headlock, and McCloy does the same.

And lets not forget this is Cassidy's championship debut, maybe he intends on playing every game like this!  :P I doubt you'd be as critical of it then! When it's Monaghan you say we have no intention of playing football, when it's Derry they're fighting with fire in their bellies, they were both the same FFS!

Joxer

BBC usually have a few clips from the minor and senior games, would they be up yet?

Yes I Would

Quote from: Oakleafer93 on May 24, 2009, 08:35:52 PM
Quote from: Schkite on May 24, 2009, 08:27:14 PM

Finally a bit of sense!

Oakleafer would you cop onto yourself, you really know how to rub it in don't you! Ever heard of being gracious in victory? Now you're pouring scorn on all of Monaghan's games in recent times. As we've nowhere near the resources of bigger counties like yourselves we have to play on the edge with alot of intensity in an attempt to compete. Losing anyone to injury is a huge loss, unlike yourselves where yous have a heap of boys ready to step in seemlessly.

What I am trying to say is Monaghan are reknown in recent years for playing this type of football Derry aren't, so the reason most blame is being heaped on monaghan are from these reasons.

No its because your from Derry and cant admit that Derry's antics in todays game were every bit as nasty and negative as Monaghans, if not worse!

Throw ball

I would agree that Monaghan have gained a reputation for 'rough' football but Derry were no saints today. The match was nothing but a bad advert for football (Ulster football in particular) and another gift card for those in favour of the experimental rules used in the league. We need a good game soon to set the record straight. I just hope Armagh can step up to the plate next week because we all know Tyrone will.

Schkite

Yes, most of the blame from the Derry crowd by the looks of it, no surprise there. Neutrals seem to see the true story, both sides were guilty of it being that type of game.

Maybe Cassidy will continue playing like this, why change a winning system right?  :-X All I'm saying is you'll be singing an entirely different tune should a similar game be played in the semi-final, I suppose it would then be either Tyrone/Armagh's fault. As you said, it takes two to tango.

orangeman

It will be interesting to see how many the CCCC pick on this week.

Mullan will definitely be called - Fegal Doc might get away with the kick but not the gouging. Monaghan lads were swingin wildly at one stage as well and there could well be a few of them in the dock.