Gaaboard Purge required?

Started by bennydorano, November 06, 2016, 05:21:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should Admins be able to ban posters for being tubes?

Yes
51 (65.4%)
No
15 (19.2%)
Am I aware of irony
12 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 78

bennydorano

Should Admins should be able to ban posters for persistent gobshitery? This board is being polluted with nonsense on a consistent basis.

No wides

Have they to work out who these posters are, or will a list be provided?

bennydorano

In the gift of the Administrators.

No wides

The Armagh definition of being a tube could differ to the rest of the country, surely the admins need clarity?

T Fearon

Are you advocating censorship? This Board like all discussion boards has a diversity of opinion,which should be facilitated and even defended at all costs

bennydorano

In line with the Western World's lurch to right I'm advocating the banning of Gobshites who continually pollute threads with inane nonsense, if you think you fall into that bracket.....

T Fearon

Inane nonsense is down to individual perception

bennydorano

Yip, hopefully the Administrators if they take notice. Pretty sure if all posters were to name their Top 5 there'd be a fair amount of consistency in the choices.

Windmill abu

Good idea, lets ban anyone who doesn't agree with the general consensus. Also if some posters seem to be gobshites then lets ban them too. It's a pity we don't have any 20th century examples of this kind of thinking.
Never underestimate the power of complaining

square_ball

Quote from: bennydorano on November 06, 2016, 07:17:13 PM
In line with the Western World's lurch to right I'm advocating the banning of Gobshites who continually pollute threads with inane nonsense, if you think you fall into that bracket.....

Agreed or in 'Official' threads if you come in talking nonsense then you should be banned from that thread. I would view F365 forum they have official threads which you can't comment on if you're acting the bollix.

INDIANA

Quote from: bennydorano on November 06, 2016, 07:17:13 PM

you're only going to ban most of the Northern posters here then so

bennydorano

I would actually agree with that, Connacht well represented too.

The Stallion

Quite the ill-conceived little thread this.

Consistent with some of the arrogant egotistical nonsense which several posters have been espousing lately.

Some people don't seem to want any dissenting opinions. It's curious behaviour.

bennydorano

Administrators would have the authority to use their initiative to determine genuine debate & ones acting the bollix.

What's to fear??

No wides

I would say one could name most of the 19 who currently voted yes. If you dont like it join another discussion group.