Tour de France 2016

Started by bennydorano, July 02, 2016, 11:40:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

About to get under way. I much prefer the Giro & Vuelta tbh but it should be good this year.

If I was having a bet I'd go for Quintana at 2/1 for overall ( Froome 6/4).

They can expect crosswind hell today.

They're all on drugs anyway.

mrdeeds

As long as not Froome I'm happy.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: bennydorano on July 02, 2016, 11:40:56 AM
About to get under way. I much prefer the Giro & Vuelta tbh but it should be good this year.

If I was having a bet I'd go for Quintana at 2/1 for overall ( Froome 6/4).

They can expect crosswind he'll today.

They're all on drugs anyway.
May the best juiced man win.

JimStynes

Quote from: mrdeeds on July 02, 2016, 11:54:43 AM
As long as not Froome I'm happy.

Why? I don't mind Froome. Any interview I see him in he always seems like a nice fella.

bennydorano

Cavendish wins an eventful sprint. Calton Kirkby not biased in his commentary at all😁

JimStynes

Quote from: bennydorano on July 02, 2016, 04:51:42 PM
Cavendish wins an eventful sprint. Calton Kirkby not biased in his commentary at all😁
Bit over the top alright! Crash looked nasty and Contador will be sore tomorrow.

Clov

Sam Bennett hit the ground hard.
"One of the most salient features of our culture is that there is so much bullshit"

RealSpiritof98

Why is Ned and millar the main commentators? Definitely a lesser experience!!

bennydorano

Cost cutting by ITV I'd imagine. Ned is good as a sidekick or fluff piece reporter, he's defo not carrying it off as the main man. I normally would flick between ITV & Eurosport but it's been Eurosport all the way so far. Recording the ITV highlights as well as Imlach & Boardman are good.

Great finish to today's stage, Sagan finally loses the 2nditis. Bertie & Porte probably screwed already.

Eamonnca1

Watching cycling without Ligget and Sherwin commentating is like watching Formula 1 without Murray Walker and James hunt. It's okay, but just not the same.

Canalman

For those of you with any Irish, the lads on TG4 are excellent. Watched a couple of hours of the tour live yesterday. Lads were discussing the roads in west Galway, world war 2 in Normandy, hedges,  saddle sizes, driving habits etc. Brilliant stuff altogether.

Some of the spectators are seriously lucky not to be bowled over.

RealSpiritof98

Watching cycling can be tedious at best but i found it flowed well with Liggot and Sherwin, after 5 mins i switched to Eurosport and found it very good to be honest. Although not a mountain stage that finish looked brutal.

Eamonnca1

I used to enjoy listening to your man on Eurosport, whatever his name was. He could talk the hind leg off a donkey and talk it back on again. Would fill the time going through all the tourist board info that I'm sure they gave him, he'd waffle on with history lessons about the places they were going through, local recipes and what not. Occasionally something would happen in the race, like an attack or something, and he'd go "... oh! Back to the commentary!"

bennydorano

David Harmon used to have the full time gig at Eurosport & Kirkby used to do the fluff pieces & smaller events. I can remember him leaving and thinking it was a strange way to depart, fell out or took the hump with someone or £££ maybe.