Cycling

Started by Jimmy, February 18, 2010, 10:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Quote from: redzone on May 22, 2018, 09:42:15 PM
Wd40 any good for degreasing a bike chain. Any other tips
WD40 bike  degreaser in spray can is a very good product. It cleans and lubricates. The WD40 heavy duty degreaser is thicker so you just drip it on to the chain, when the occasions calls and work it in. 
At present I'm using a Kroon oil product called Biosol, I buy it in a litre bottle and put in a spray bottle or use a brush. It's biodegradable and mixes well with water.
It. can be blended with water for lighter cleaning 1/5 - 1/10 and  1/1 for the heaviest degreasing tasks.

Minder

Quote from: grounded on May 25, 2018, 07:43:56 PM
Serious breakaway by Froome, sensational. After yesterday the writing was on the wall for Yates as the legs looked shot. Considering his effort Is there any possibility that Froome could be vulnerable tomorrow?

Not if he gets a few puffs of the inhaler tonight
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

dec

Froome's ride reminded me of the Floyd Landis breakaway stage win.

omaghjoe

Quote from: dec on May 25, 2018, 10:01:49 PM

His career reminds me of someone else...

bennydorano

Perfectly executed tactical plan.

Babe Ruth 47

Brilliant win for Bennett again today. Delighted for him, seems a gent.

mrdeeds

Quote from: omaghjoe on May 25, 2018, 10:05:11 PM
Quote from: dec on May 25, 2018, 10:01:49 PM

His career reminds me of someone else...

Well his career is like Landis's too.

bennydorano

Inside Team Sun Web blog for the last 3 days , a good watch https://youtu.be/aLcZkrykEtI

Tom & his DS knew exactly where & when Sky were going to attack on the Finestre - expected to lose a minute or so to Froome.

laoislad

Started back doing a bit of cycling there lately.  Was thinking of replacing an easy run for a cycle instead for marathon training which starts in a few weeks.

Anyway I have a Carrera road bike I bought in Halfords about 6 years ago. Never really used it much so it was left outside in the elements a good bit so it's a bit of a wreck now.
Was thinking then of upgrading to something decent but not mad expensive.
There is a Giant store near enough to me so went to look the other day and liked this.

http://www.giant-dublin.ie/ie/contend-sl-1-disc-2018

Would something like that be decent? Is Giant a good brand?

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

maddog

Quote from: laoislad on June 08, 2018, 10:11:27 AM
Started back doing a bit of cycling there lately.  Was thinking of replacing an easy run for a cycle instead for marathon training which starts in a few weeks.

Anyway I have a Carrera road bike I bought in Halfords about 6 years ago. Never really used it much so it was left outside in the elements a good bit so it's a bit of a wreck now.
There is a Giant store near enough to me so went to look the other day and liked this.

Nice bike and Giant are absolutely fine. Shimano 105 gear is more than adequate.
Buy a shed as well.

illdecide

Quote from: laoislad on June 08, 2018, 10:11:27 AM

There are some cracking bikes for sale on that facebook page (Cycling products for sale) buy and sell Ireland...You can pick up a real bargain bike there off a cyclist who has upgraded and looked after his bike...check it out.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

laoislad

Thanks lads.
I was also looking at the Ribble bikes from the UK. Seem like serious value for what you get spec wise.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Boycey

Christ if that's a reasonable priced bike what does an expensive one cost  :o

GJL

Some great value to be had on eBay if you know what you are looking at. Buying new is madness IMO.

bennydorano

Quote from: laoislad on June 09, 2018, 09:38:05 PM
Thanks lads.
I was also looking at the Ribble bikes from the UK. Seem like serious value for what you get spec wise.
Ribble R872 is a serious bike. Fantastic value bike that you could easily race. Had one a few years back and still hankering after it, will likely get one again at some point.