Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lotto

Quote from: yewtree on October 05, 2019, 11:38:17 PM
Not much talk of minor final between Burren and Kilcoo , Kilcoo should walk it going by 2 years ago u16 but feel the mighty Burren have progressed more.
In fairness some special talents in Burren , they just have a habit of producing serious players .
Will be a delight to watch them beat Kilcoo.

Would that be talk or walk? The shit they did to Mayobridge in the semi final was as low as I have ever heard. The players and management should hang their heads in shame. I hope Burren give them a lesson but I can't see it. It will be a title won by Kilcoo in shame.

elk

Quote from: Cuan12 on October 05, 2019, 06:59:35 PM
Smurf , Yewtree and the rest of you begrudges , Kilcoo will win, McGarry won't have such an influence in final, rest of point attack is not as effective, Kilcoo by 4and no fighting on or of the pitch
Personally I think it will be great when CPN win instead of the usuals Burren or Kilcoo. They are far from a one man team, man for man they are superior to Kilcoo they just need to believe and not get sucked into any unsportsmanlike tactics Kilcoo consistently deploy

Smurfy123

Kilcoo have not been good champions at any level. Always something that puts a dark cloud over all teams and that's why and it pains me to say it Burren win today. Burren are a great club who respect all teams. Kilcoos minor championship team has been somewhat massively turnised with some disgraceful stuff on route to the final. I wonder who they take after

champion1981

Quote from: Smurfy123 on October 06, 2019, 10:25:10 AM
Kilcoo have not been good champions at any level. Always something that puts a dark cloud over all teams and that's why and it pains me to say it Burren win today. Burren are a great club who respect all teams. Kilcoos minor championship team has been somewhat massively turnised with some disgraceful stuff on route to the final. I wonder who they take after
unfortunately sledging is part of the game now ,at every level,we even seen it in the all ireland ,was the kilcoo players sledging for no reason?did the bridge players  not say or do anything  to kilcoo players? I think not! Anyway it's the same old cliche # don't give what you cant take back🤔

downjim

Are you condoning slagging a dead parent?? There is no place in GAA for that, absolutely none, there is nothing else to say on this matter.

rory

Quote from: champion1981 on October 06, 2019, 11:39:06 AM
unfortunately sledging is part of the game now ,at every level,we even seen it in the all ireland ,was the kilcoo players sledging for no reason?did the bridge players  not say or do anything  to kilcoo players? I think not! Anyway it's the same old cliche # don't give what you cant take back🤔
Are you implying that the Bridge lads said something as bad to the Kilcoo lads?  A really hope you're not

forevergreen

Quote from: champion1981 on October 06, 2019, 11:39:06 AM

And that Chumpion says more about you as a person than anything. Catch yourself on. There is no defending the context of what was said. If you think it's acceptable then you should go back to the gutter along with those that said or put the words in his mouth

Stevie Nicks

Some absolute bull being talked on this thread. The Kilcoo lad was wrong and it can not be condoned in any way, rightly so he played no part in today's final. But if anyone thinks this is a problem only associated with Kilcoo they are deluded! It is widespread in the game and needs to be addressed centrally. Happens in every club and county going back to the infamous ricey from Tyrone and further back. My own daughter at underage level has been the victim of sledging ffs!
On the game today, it was a good game and a draw was the fair result.

champion1981

😂 @ forevergreen, I'd love 2 minutes with you😁

forevergreen

Quote from: champion1981 on October 06, 2019, 05:56:41 PM
😂 @ forevergreen, I'd love 2 minutes with you😁
I bet you say that to all the boys. You charmer!!😉

Sandstorm

Really enjoyed the junior final today, congrats to Bright, enjoy your success.

PTC

Congratulations to bright on winning the junior championship. The minors was a tight game and draw probably a fair result

Smurfy123

Castlewellan down
Bryansford in playoff. Yep once big clubs. What is it with Bryansford as an underachieving club at senior level? A few great under 21 teams of late and nothing at senior level

Last Caress

sweet holy f**k. Change this forum from Down Club Hurling and Football to ANY ONE BUT KILCOO. We know they are no angels but they are far from the only ones.  Burren respect all teams...... jesus I would rather listen to Arlene Foster talk shite than read this shite. All the same at the end of the day. Just shite

yewtree

Yet again Kilcoo get out of jail ,this time in the minors.A team that hammered everybody in Down at u16 level struggled to beat Burren .Yes Burren got the equaliser but really Burren were the far better team.

Looks like the glory years for Burren are coming ,the amazing thing is that Burren team bar a few is an under 16 team -scary to think how far ahead Burren are in terms of player development and coaching. When you look back at the Kilcoo games in senior Burren were the better team over the two games.

From a Down perspective this can only be good for the county as these Burren players will be the dominant men in our county squads. It seems at last Kilcoo are beginning to fade away and back to where they belong mediocrity and maybe time to reflect on their culture regards discipline and sporting values.
In fairness Burren have values and that is why I'm glad they are returning to greatness even though more delighted Point are about to win senior final.

Minor Champions elect - Burren , a club of sporting class.
Senior Champions elect - CPN ,the peoples favourite.

All ironically from South Down and our County Board are trying to impose Ballykinler on us , it is time the real football men of Down put a stop to this.Maybe time for our sponsors to intervene and have their say on it .I'm sure they wouldn't want it in a back of beyond spot , miles from Newry.