Club action

Started by Captain Scarlet, August 06, 2015, 09:18:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Scarlet

Just saw this. Kilkenny lads playing club but in kildare and most counties the real games get shut down for months.
Can't understand why teams don't copy the Kilkenny model
https://www.facebook.com/TheSundayGame/videos/689999651134185/
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

mad tan

Can't get my head around this. if a club has 2 players on the county panel it plays no games until the County is knocked out. What are the other 20 or so lads to do during the best time of the year. Clubs should play all league and tournament games without County players. We will have a Leinster Club final on in mid December the whole thing is mad. But no one is calling stop or is it that the powers are not listening.   

johnneycool

Quote from: mad tan on August 07, 2015, 02:18:41 PM
Can't get my head around this. if a club has 2 players on the county panel it plays no games until the County is knocked out. What are the other 20 or so lads to do during the best time of the year. Clubs should play all league and tournament games without County players. We will have a Leinster Club final on in mid December the whole thing is mad. But no one is calling stop or is it that the powers are not listening.

Brian Cody isn't on the payroll, so he doesn't have to justify these 'expenses' by having loads of training sessions and stuff.
He also understands the concept that a vibrant club scene helps develop the players so that they're ready for intercounty competition.