Armagh GAA - The Journey Continues.......Crowdfunding

Started by Taylor, July 31, 2017, 02:36:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Quote from: armaghniac on July 31, 2017, 09:41:47 PM
Can you write in someone else's name, maybe Paul Berry?

Good point. Some of the names I would like to see, but probably won't include:
- Willie Frazer
- Sir Jeffrey Donaldson
- Ruth Dudley Edwards
- James Brokenshire
- Snarlene Foster
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Solo_run

Taylor

Would it take 50k to get a bus to Croker & back on Saturday as well as a feed before and after game?

armaghniac

Quote from: Taylor on July 31, 2017, 10:06:50 PM
Would it take 50k to get a bus to Croker & back on Saturday as well as a feed before and after game?

The victorious return bus will be via Moy, Dungannon, Ballygawley, Fintona, Trillick, Omagh, Strabane, Cookstown and Coalisland.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

RedHand88

"Sir Jeffrey Donaldson" only gave £20. Him on an MP salary too!

APM

Nothing ventured, nothing gained and beats the hell out of selling tickets to win a car if you ask me.  If it works and they get even half what they are targeting, every county will be at it. I'd like to think that they have a good online campaign organised.

Tyrone are very sophisticated in their fundraising now, but I remember in 1986, they knocked plenty of doors in Co. Armagh fundraising for the expense of training the team for the All-Ireland final. 

O'Neills Therapist

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

O'Neills Therapist

omaghjoe

Quote from: armaghniac on July 31, 2017, 06:27:17 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on July 31, 2017, 06:23:30 PM
Two trips to Croke Park and they're broke.

The fuel laundering business has declined these days.

Nah yis just shafted your diesel sugar daddy

omaghjoe

Time limit is 55days away.... a week after AI final!!!.....Not shortsighted at least as the homecoming will have to be paid for too. A buckfast champagne tower wouldnt come cheap

omaghjoe

Quote from: Rois on July 31, 2017, 02:54:01 PM
Quote from: Taylor on July 31, 2017, 02:36:56 PM
Surely this is a first?

Dont know if its incredibly embarrassing or innovative.

Ye boys must have some bills to pay.......

http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/comeonarmagh
Definitely not embarrassing.

Is is on the cards for Club Tyrone?

smelmoth

Quote from: Taylor on July 31, 2017, 02:36:56 PM
Surely this is a first?

Dont know if its incredibly embarrassing or innovative.

Ye boys must have some bills to pay.......

http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/comeonarmagh

According to the moderator on the official site our finances are dire. A case of needs must.

Ok armagh are doing this and no doubt there will be mileage got from the cost of McGeeney & Co but the underlying issue is one of the sustainability of finances in the game.

I would question the wisdom of publicly describing your financial position as dire if you are trying to seek funding for a training centre or negotiate with a sponsor or a bank but there are better minds than mine coordinating affairs

bennydorano

Have you ever heard a county board / Gaa club or body, in fact a manager of any business say 'times are good, we're good for cash thanks'?

tippabu

Strange one this, surely a 1/4 final isn't a complete shock for Armagh to reach, plus it is only the one team that needs funding. Contrast that to ourselves who yes we expect to reach all Ireland's every year in hurling at all grades but the last 6/7 years we've had footballers going deeper than expected into the championship and underage teams doing similar.

Although, nothing wrong with having a facility there for people who want to to contribute to and if you don't want to then Dont. As long as it is for the good of the team, no problem with it