Quote from: BennyHarp on August 02, 2017, 01:58:29 PM
Quote from: WT4E on August 02, 2017, 01:44:23 PM
Quote from: punt kick on August 02, 2017, 01:36:59 PM
Quote from: WT4E on August 02, 2017, 12:18:32 PM
Love Tyrone v Armagh games.

Gormleys block
McGuigan putting geezer on his hole and kicking a beauty in croker
Canavans free to put an end to the eternal Ulster Champs of the noughties

Tyrone should win but I hope its a good game for a while - Would be great if we could get baldy mckeever on the field and someone nail him near the end in retribution for putting his hand on God in 2005. But do we have anyone who could? McNamee - Hampsey - Mattie?

Let big Sean have a go - he'd probably shit himself if McKeever ran past him.

Your Possibly right - but whereas McKeever, a limited footballer, will only be remembered for getting God sent off in an Ulster Final acting a thug Cavanagh will be remembered for much more:

3 All Irelands
6 Ulster Titles
5 All Stars
etc.
etc.
etc.

Armaghs inferiority complex towards Tyrone is hilarious!!!!

Sean will also be remembered for putting big Francie on his hole who was a proper hard man, I'd say he's hardly scared of McKeever!

You guys still like to flag up just about the only hit big Sean ever made in his career, blindsided too as Bellew was bending down.  Is that the best you can come up with?

And if its the one i am thinking of he didn't exactly bound to his feet again himself.

Solo_run

Who cares about who gets in to the other team. They both have completely opposite styles of football but the way each team operates should be to those players strengths.

With regards to the refereeing, it should be the same standard every week. If Armagh were allowed to challenge Kildare physically and fairly last week, then they should be able to do it this weekend against Tyrone.

Moortown Spuds

McKeever has a real bad timing issue;

Came on the Armagh panel the year after they won the all-Ireland.

Left Cullyhanna and they reached the county final the next year.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Armamike on August 02, 2017, 02:06:49 PM

Gormleys block

Tyrone should win but I hope its a good game for a while - Would be great if we could get baldy mckeever on the field and someone nail him near the end in retribution for putting his hand on God in 2005. But do we have anyone who could? McNamee - Hampsey - Mattie?

Your Possibly right - but whereas McKeever, a limited footballer, will only be remembered for getting God sent off in an Ulster Final acting a thug Cavanagh will be remembered for much more:

3 All Irelands
6 Ulster Titles
5 All Stars
etc.
etc.
etc.

Sean will also be remembered for putting big Francie on his hole who was a proper hard man, I'd say he's hardly scared of McKeever!

You guys still like to flag up just about the only hit big Sean ever made in his career, blindsided too as Bellew was bending down.  Is that the best you can come up with?

Well, when you lads try to make Sean out to be some big girls blouse, it's nice to remind you that that same big girls blouse, left one of your all time hard men whining on his hole in one of the defining moments of one the defining games of that era. And he didn't blindside him!  ::)
That was never a square ball!!

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Solo_run on August 02, 2017, 02:13:47 PM
Who cares about who gets in to the other team. They both have completely opposite styles of football but the way each team operates should be to those players strengths.

With regards to the refereeing, it should be the same standard every week. If Armagh were allowed to challenge Kildare physically and fairly last week, then they should be able to do it this weekend against Tyrone.

Id be happy enough if Armagh tackled again like they did against kildare as the free count was through the roof
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Fuzzman

Very good post Tyroneman and I couldn't agree more about the bit about Armagh being wreckless in the tackle. When I was watching it again last night I couldn't help but think how many silly rash frees they gave away and wondering will we have the free takers to punish them.
In our 3 games so far we've not had a lot of frees as have scored heavily from play so it will be interesting to see do Armagh foul us out in the wings making it hard to score from frees which will frustrate them.

I think those who have not watched Tyrone recently don't realise how hard it is to get scores against them.
In all of their games so far they only conceded 5 points in the first half and usually in that 3rd quarter they pulled away.

Against Derry Tyrone led 0.10 to 0.05 at HT.
After 50 mins it was 0.14 to 0.08

Against Donegal they lead 0.12 to 0.05 at HT
After 50 mins is was 1.14 to 0.06

Against Down they lead 0.07 to 0.05 at HT
After 50 mins is was 1.14 to 0.07

Interestingly Donegal and Down had great goal chances just before half time and didn't take them.

Fuzzman

Quote from: Moortown Spuds on August 02, 2017, 02:21:57 PM

Are you saying Spuds that if he retires this year Armagh could get to an AI final next year?
Is he still playing with Parnells in Dublin?
Does Geezer still live in Dublin?

Imposerous

When did McKeever win his all ireland?
[/quote]

Captain of the 2004 u-21 AI winning team.

Throw ball

Quote from: Fuzzman on August 02, 2017, 02:32:46 PM

Are you saying Spuds that if he retires this year Armagh could get to an AI final next year?
Is he still playing with Parnells in Dublin?
Does Geezer still live in Dublin?

Back with Cullyhanna I think.
Geezer lives in Armagh.
Would be surprised to see McKeever start.

Over the Bar

Quote from: haveaharp on August 02, 2017, 02:09:29 PM
Quote from: Armamike on August 02, 2017, 02:06:49 PM

Gormleys block

3 All Irelands
6 Ulster Titles
5 All Stars
etc.
etc.
etc.

And if its the one i am thinking of he didn't exactly bound to his feet again himself.

That's cos Cavanagh never hit the ground and there was no blindsiding either.  Full on frontal at speed,   Francie went down like a sack of spuds and had to be helped onto the team bus by the McEntee twins after. 

mackers

If you're going to talk dung you need to get your facts right.  Wrong in both instances.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

tonto1888

To be fair, I wouldn't want to be hit by SC running at full pelt. I think he'd floor anyone doing that

Applesisapples

Quote from: ONeill on August 02, 2017, 07:33:38 AM
Yous Armagh ones are losing the run of yourselves.

Just be glad you're sharing the same stage as your illustrious neighbours and pray you don't get obliterated.
Far from it, but you might live to regret these intemperate comments. Most Armagh fans know that Tyrone are red hot favourites and at a further stage of development than we are. Anything less than a 4 point win for Tyrone will be a failure for you, that or better is progress for Armagh.

yellowcard

Don't remember Cavanagh putting Francie down but then I suppose anyone can get lucky once in their career. McKeever has always had the measure of Cavanagh though and I'm not sure Charlie is the man to mark his brother in law for a game of this magnitude. I think Cavanagh is spooked by McKeever.   

Applesisapples

Lads on here who wouldn't last a minute at county level calling out Kieran McKeever and Sean Cavanagh. Both superb athletes and great footballers, both with an edge and will to win. Sean was lucky to be part of a golden generation in Tyrone and Kieran unlucky that Armagh were on the wain when he broke through. Neither one an angel, but then as Greenday say, Nice guys finish last.