AIQF 2017 Tír Eoghain vs Ard Macha, Sat. August 5th @4pm

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, July 17, 2017, 06:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armamike

Quote from: Main Street on August 01, 2017, 10:45:07 AM
Won't it be an unmitigated disaster for Tyrone county football if they do not put a rising Armagh team in their place?
Sean Cavanagh was quoted as saying that losing to Armagh in 2014  "one of the most sickening" of his career. I think Armagh had been relegated to div 3 that year.

He was being overly dramatic.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Fuzzman

Yeah Main Street, Harte is threatening two weeks in Lough Derg if they lose to Armagh again.. Mugsy is glad he left the panel now I'll tell ya.

Rois

Quote from: Main Street on August 01, 2017, 10:45:07 AM
Won't it be an unmitigated disaster for Tyrone county football if they do not put a rising Armagh team in their place?

Whilst perhaps not as dramatic as you suggest, the sentiments are right.  This team should be peaking now.     

tonto1888

Fuzz as usual a fair post from yourself and I find it difficult to disagree. I can't see us winning it and am hoping for a good showing From Armagh. Will this game herald the beginning of a renewed rivalry or will it be a false dawn for Armagh as in 2014. I'm hopeful of the former

punt kick

Quote from: LurganHoop on August 01, 2017, 10:32:37 AM
I will add my name to the list of Armagh supporters saying Tyrone should win this with a bit to spare, but obviously secretly hoping Armagh can pull off the ambush of the Summer!
In all seriousness the Tyrone players will be very confident going into this one and rightly so. They have been playing at a high level all year and have their game plan down to a t. It's difficult to see too many chinks in their armour and how Armagh could rack up enough scores to win the game. Hopefully McGeeney will come up with something to trouble the Tyrone system...accurate fast ball into the forward line seems the best way to do so, so hopefully Murnin makes it as he is a serious ball winner.
Although Tyrone have been playing at a much higher level all year and have a bit more experience, Armagh having had 4 games in 5 weeks should stand to them and hopefully we will have an edge there in terms of match sharpness. Tyrone have not been tested so far so if (and it really is a massive if), Armagh can keep with them until 50 minute I wouldn't be surprised were Armagh to go on to win it as we have been finishing games extremely strongly.
What will the likely match ups be?

Charlie / Sean
Morgan / Donnelly
Shields / Harte
Murnin / McCarron
Jamie / McNamee
Soupy / Hampsey

Hopefully it's a great occasion and the winners go on to beat Dublin in the semi-final!

I doubt soupy will start.

Kernan_is_King

Great to see my disciples bringing proper football once again, actually kicking the ball as intende by the founders of the GAA, to the followers of the puke game and a Cross' man there to drive the ball over the bar.
Big Joe - Big Future!

smelmoth

Quote from: tonto1888 on August 01, 2017, 09:45:37 AM
I see Mickey Harte coming out with the cute hoorism in the Irish news today. He seems to forget Forker got booked at the same time as Donnelly and managed to not get himself sent off.

Predictable stuff from Mickey. How wise it is I'm not so sure.

The responses are equally obvious. We know that numerous Tyrone players are willing to dive. We know that numerous others have done so in the Tyrone jersey during Mickey's tenure. The ref will need no reminder that they are likely to do so again on Saturday.

We know that Tyrone are happy to foul cynically as they see fit. We know that they will try to rotate the fouler to avoid cards. We know that they are happy to indulge in verbals and to cross the line. Armagh don't really need to remind the referee of this or try to get inside his head because its obvious that the ref will take to the field knowing that this will be going on and the cameras will pick it up and that he will be under severe scrutiny if he fails to do anything about it.

Armagh won't be any saints but they won't be at anything on the scale that Tyrone are practiced at.

illdecide

Quote from: smelmoth on August 01, 2017, 12:50:53 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on August 01, 2017, 09:45:37 AM
I see Mickey Harte coming out with the cute hoorism in the Irish news today. He seems to forget Forker got booked at the same time as Donnelly and managed to not get himself sent off.

Predictable stuff from Mickey. How wise it is I'm not so sure.

The responses are equally obvious. We know that numerous Tyrone players are willing to dive. We know that numerous others have done so in the Tyrone jersey during Mickey's tenure. The ref will need no reminder that they are likely to do so again on Saturday.

We know that Tyrone are happy to foul cynically as they see fit. We know that they will try to rotate the fouler to avoid cards. We know that they are happy to indulge in verbals and to cross the line. Armagh don't really need to remind the referee of this or try to get inside his head because its obvious that the ref will take to the field knowing that this will be going on and the cameras will pick it up and that he will be under severe scrutiny if he fails to do anything about it.

Armagh won't be any saints but they won't be at anything on the scale that Tyrone are practiced at.

Ahh Jasus Smelmoth that's a bit rough, there was no call for that. Don't you know this is a new Tyrone, them days are over.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Fuzzman

Thanks illdecide. SmellyMouth is obviously still living in the past with a bitter apples taste in his mouth from the 2004 Marsden incident where Jordan dived to get him sent off. He can't see that this Tyrone team have no cynical players or divers bar Tiernan who is very protective of his hair.

Just read that Harte interview and I think it's more directed at his own players to keep their discipline and not be getting sent off. Mattie Donnelly certainly can be hot headed and was lucky not to see red in Derry.

I wonder will Mickey make any changes for this game. Personally I'd have Declan McClure starting at MF. I wonder will he even start Sean or save him for his last ever game?  :o

bennydorano

Personally think there's 2 spots up for grabs in the Armagh forward line, Campbell's and Grugan's (3 if Murnin is injured).  I think Armagh have been playing with no fear, bar those 2 players, they over think things imo. Grugan has had a good year but I think Throne will fire him about like a rag doll tbh.

yellowcard

Quote from: Fuzzman on August 01, 2017, 01:09:20 PM
Thanks illdecide. SmellyMouth is obviously still living in the past with a bitter apples taste in his mouth from the 2004 Marsden incident where Jordan dived to get him sent off. He can't see that this Tyrone team have no cynical players or divers bar Tiernan who is very protective of his hair.

Just read that Harte interview and I think it's more directed at his own players to keep their discipline and not be getting sent off. Mattie Donnelly certainly can be hot headed and was lucky not to see red in Derry.

I wonder will Mickey make any changes for this game. Personally I'd have Declan McClure starting at MF. I wonder will he even start Sean or save him for his last ever game?  :o

Have you conveniently ignored the biggest serial offender in the game, Sean Cavanagh.

omagh_gael

Quote from: bennydorano on August 01, 2017, 01:12:19 PM
Personally think there's 2 spots up for grabs in the Armagh forward line, Campbell's and Grugan's (3 if Murnin is injured).  I think Armagh have been playing with no fear, bar those 2 players, they over think things imo. Grugan has had a good year but I think Throne will fire him about like a rag doll tbh.

Grugan was your best forward behind Clarke on Saturday! We'd be delighted if you kept him on the bench, he's the sort of player you need to spray accurate foot passes through the blanket.

Colly Cavanagh is the best sweeper around and has the advantage of a huge fetch. Any high ball coming into the FF line will be gobbled up. Who do we think will pick up Clarke? I'd say the match ups will be:

McCarron on Clarke
McNamee on Murnin (if fit)
McCrory on Campbell
Hampsey to stick to Grugan

Rest of the defence to cover space/sweep and break up the field to crucify Armagh on the break.

Fuzzman

Quote from: yellowcard on August 01, 2017, 01:13:57 PM
Have you conveniently ignored the biggest serial offender in the game, Sean Cavanagh.

Yes.

tonto1888

Quote from: omagh_gael on August 01, 2017, 01:21:15 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on August 01, 2017, 01:12:19 PM

Grugan was your best forward behind Clarke on Saturday! We'd be delighted if you kept him on the bench, he's the sort of player you need to spray accurate foot passes through the blanket.

Colly Cavanagh is the best sweeper around and has the advantage of a huge fetch. Any high ball coming into the FF line will be gobbled up. Who do we think will pick up Clarke? I'd say the match ups will be:

McCarron on Clarke
McNamee on Murnin (if fit)
McCrory on Campbell
Hampsey to stick to Grugan

Rest of the defence to cover space/sweep and break up the field to crucify Armagh on the break.

Nah. That would have been McParland. Hopefully your management team also overlook him

Jayop

Quote from: yellowcard on August 01, 2017, 01:13:57 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on August 01, 2017, 01:09:20 PM

He really doesn't. He's well able to win his free but that's not the same as diving.

Funny every time you hear about Oshea or Murphy or Donaghy yiu get the old crap line about them having to get twice as much abuse to win a free. Sean has had more abuse than every one of them through his career and he never gets that excuse.

I wonder why that is.