Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

square_ball

Quote from: Taylor on June 23, 2023, 02:46:47 PM
Apologies square ball - I do appreciate you taking your position as protector of the board seriously.

Anyway - is anyone else shocked that we are short enough priced favourites for this game?

Looks like it is based on league performances and not recent weeks performances

A lot of people are tipping Donegal based on one performance v Monaghan. I think we'll get the job done this weekend. I think we have the better forwards if McCurry is fit and they keep the younger Canavan on from the start.

A goal from the returning McShane in the last 10 minutes to seal it ;D

the goal was on

donegal have had 1 decent win (last week) in a lacklustre game all season so surprised anyone tipping them. They tried hard against derry but ended up with a fairly heavy defeat . Tyrone will be better for last week and will have too much for donegal and too mobile around the middle. Expect kilpatrick and kennedy to pose big problems for donegal.

rrhf

Quote from: square_ball on June 23, 2023, 02:41:28 PM
Fellas just as a matter in board etiquette - if you are going to discuss anything in the week of a match can you please comment only on something which is in direct relation to that weeks match?

Thanks for the reminder rrhf. Fighting a lone battle to keep standards high in the Tyrone section of the board.
Just doin my job....

omagh_gael

I was in at thr donegal v Monaghan match and Monaghan were utterly rubbish. Think there's a bit too much being read into it.

ONeill

FS, I've stuck the house on Donegal.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: rrhf on June 21, 2023, 09:21:46 PM
I am looking forward to this game. Absolute do or die.  Genuinely think there is a lot of things starting to go right there as well. We can  improve massively on the things that we were doing wrong.

Agree with this to an extent, at about 60 minutes against Westmeath I felt Tyrone were coming on nicely. We had coasted along then stepped up a level and created a gap and I expected us to finish the job there and win by 5 or 6 points or more. It looked like a few men were stepping up. The subsequent collapse was bizarre. We shouldn't be so dependent on the leadership of Donnelly and Harte at this stage - but after the strange last couple of years we are - and removing them and sending in inexperienced heads late on was a mistake that should not he repeated. Even knackered older players would have been more useful.

But still, take the best parts of last week and put McCurry back in and Tyrone would still be awkward opponents for most. The option of McShane off the bench, although he must be a fair bit off it, is another potential boost.

It isn't beyond Tyrone at all to win today and beat any of the teams already in the last 8. Has to be said though, it feels like a real stretch to think we could really bring it all together and win a few games after so many disjointed performances over the past two years, a real leap of faith. Unfortunate as Kerry and Dublin have been unconvincing, lots of questions about Mayo and Galway, and I don't really rate Derry and Armagh as top teams. Tyrone after 2021 looked like a team that could kick on further but even had we stayed at that level we'd have had a great shot at Sam last year and this year. Instead we have gone backwards so much and it's a huge missed opportunity.

square_ball

Quote from: omagh_gael on June 23, 2023, 05:35:34 PM
I was in at thr donegal v Monaghan match and Monaghan were utterly rubbish. Think there's a bit too much being read into it.

Monaghan have been pretty awful so far here this evening as well.

WT4E

Myler MOTM? Mckernan or canavan for me

square_ball

We're back! I don't mind who we get in the draw.

I was surprised Meyler picked up MOTM. McKernan probably edged D Canavan for me.

Though I will say Donegal were pretty hopeless. I didn't understand the talking up of them during the week. How much of that was us making them look that bad I don't know.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Meyler neutralised Eoghan Bán, no easy feat, and the way Donegal targeted him in the second half (around his head in particular) would suggest that he deserved MOTM, IMHO.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

time ticking away

Well done to the management, they got it all right this evening
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

NotedObserver

Darragh canavan is worth the admission fee alone. Another day R Canavan could have had 1-5 himself.

marty34

A lot of slabbering in football these days. Tyrone and Donegal players at it all game. Trashy stuff.

square_ball

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on June 24, 2023, 09:16:15 PM
Meyler neutralised Eoghan Bán, no easy feat, and the way Donegal targeted him in the second half (around his head in particular) would suggest that he deserved MOTM, IMHO.

Not sure if he was targeted as such. Think it was just coincidental he was the man on the end of the 3.

God14

Really good result & performance to go with it

Still have concerns about the half back line. Rory Brennan is the biggest loss of all the players that walked away. In my eyes anyway. Rory at 6 and that side would take some talking too

The Canavan's.... Unreal