Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trueblue1234

Quote from: PMG1 on April 12, 2022, 08:50:18 PM
No chance Harte will be fit for Sunday, two weeks after an appendix, would be too tender

Yeah I would think he would be doubtful but is all keyhole now so recovery would be well reduced.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

NotedObserver

Morgan
Mckernan
Mcnamee
Hampsey
Sludden
Munroe
Burns
Kilpatrick
Kennedy
McGeary
McKenna
Meyler
Mccurry
McShane
Canavan

McShane and mckenna need game time and Conroy on for game as well. Assume it's too early for m Donnelly Harte and Michael oneill

Redhand Santa

There definitely is the opportunity to make 3/4 changes here and give boys a chance to nail down a spot/get valuable game time here. Makes perfect sense to start McShane and McKenna. Any of Conroy, Coleman or McNabb (if fit and still there?) could also get a run out as forward options have become light. In defence the Munroe's, Rafferty and R Brennan are all in with a shout of getting time. I'd definitely hold Harte back and give him a chance to recover. None of this is any disrespect to Fermanagh but reflective of the fact that there is the safety net of the back door and a shorter route through it this year to the quarter finals. Though even with a few changes Tyrone will be expected to win.

tyrone08

Ronan o'neill is in the papers taking to sky sports and Irish examiner. Have heard more from him since his retirement than when he actually played lol

HokeyPokey

Quote from: tyrone08 on April 14, 2022, 02:36:58 PM
Ronan o'neill is in the papers taking to sky sports and Irish examiner. Have heard more from him since his retirement than when he actually played lol

Good to see he is playing down the various retirements and withdrawals, suggesting no serious issues in the camp. I am sure it would be very easy for the likes of Ronan O'Neill to start bitterly complaining that he deserved more chances.

It's definitely a disappointment to see McCann and Bradley go, but no surprises there. Same with Brennan, but he wasn't getting any minutes (though whether he should have is another question). Cassidy similar, but a lot of players in his area of the pitch. Donaghy is a shame, hopefully he just goes away for this season, refocuses, gets some confidence and comes back.   

clubman21

Left with Conroy, McNabb and Nugent as backup options, one league appearance between the three. Not sure if i've missed someone else on the panel that fits into this category.

Mikhailov

Fair dues to him. He didn't talk to press when he was playing which a lot of players prefer not to do - it can sometimes bring added unnecessary pressure on players if the article has been 'doctored' to create headlines or big news. He seems like a good level headed lad

Under Lights

Quote from: Mikhailov on April 14, 2022, 05:08:29 PM

Fair dues to him. He didn't talk to press when he was playing which a lot of players prefer not to do - it can sometimes bring added unnecessary pressure on players if the article has been 'doctored' to create headlines or big news. He seems like a good level headed lad

By all reports he has a big future in coaching also.

skeog

He had a 2 page spread in the Independent about 5 years ago also various other articles media shy wouldnt describe him.

square_ball

Good second half performance. I suppose that first half performance was to be expected from Fermanagh but our class and fitness told. Hard to know if McKenna will get that red overturned or not but he was like the McKenna from that spell he had in 2020 when he was first back playing. I thought he was superb. McShane maybe finding a bit of form in the 2nd half though bigger tests lie ahead for him. Meyler and McCurry continuing where they left off last year. Bit worrying the form of Hampsey thought he was beaten for too easily nearly every time big McGurn took him on. Hampsey didn't have the greatest league either imo.

I'd expect us to beat Derry. Keep McGuigan quiet or at least limit him and that's Derrys scoring threat gone.

Under Lights

Quote from: square_ball on April 16, 2022, 08:56:53 PM
Good second half performance. I suppose that first half performance was to be expected from Fermanagh but our class and fitness told. Hard to know if McKenna will get that red overturned or not but he was like the McKenna from that spell he had in 2020 when he was first back playing. I thought he was superb. McShane maybe finding a bit of form in the 2nd half though bigger tests lie ahead for him. Meyler and McCurry continuing where they left off last year. Bit worrying the form of Hampsey thought he was beaten for too easily nearly every time big McGurn took him on. Hampsey didn't have the greatest league either imo.

I'd expect us to beat Derry. Keep McGuigan quiet or at least limit him and that's Derrys scoring threat gone.

Exactly my thoughts also

WT4E

Mckenna should have got motm for that 2nd half performance. Shouldn't he?

NotedObserver

Quote from: WT4E on April 16, 2022, 11:19:09 PM

Had rushed things earlier in the league but was back to the player that he can be and one that has to play.

JimStynes

Quote from: WT4E on April 16, 2022, 11:19:09 PM

He certainly looked a lot fitter and sharper than he did early on in the league.

southtyronegael

I've a feeling in my bones that Tyrone are gonna go very close this year. We are only getting warmed up..