Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NotedObserver

R canavan surely in the minds of the management but next year probably time enough

tyrone08

I know the argument is that players now have an AI medal and they can get there life back sort to speak but to me I don't buy it. These lads have a genuine chance to become the first tyrone team ever to win back to back AIs.

Do they think when they are their 50s and look back they will day "ah sure I enjoyed a few years on the piss" or look back and realise they could have made history by winning back to back AIs.

Would have thought they should gave it a final few months and see where it took them. The players have stepped away from a few months work not an entire year.

marty34

Quote from: NotedObserver on April 01, 2022, 04:02:46 PM
Quote from: TwoUpTwoDown on April 01, 2022, 02:04:13 AM
Anything to be said for God Jnr Jnr being added? Good enough they are old enough etc...

What is the story with under 20s. Can they play senior in same year?

You'd think counties would have enough for 26 players to play within dipping into U20's.

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: HokeyPokey on April 01, 2022, 10:25:41 AM
Tyrone are mostly playing with two out and out forwards. That's currently McShane and McCurry.

Darragh Canavan, Conor McKenna, Petey Harte, Mattie Donnelly, Richie Donnelly and maybe even Sludden could fill one of those roles. Be interested to see Kilpatrick tried too!  There's probably other squad players I haven't seen much of who can also play there.  I think Mattie Donnelly as an option would be a big blow as the ball just sticks to him inside and always good for scores when put inside. McShane has that in him too, but yet to get form this year, but it's early.
Mattie injured, Bradley, O'Neill, Brennan and Donaghy away leaves Tyrone with Conroy, Nugent and an injured Emmett McNabb to come in for McKenna McShane McCurry.
Surely they have to fall back on the U20s of Canavan, Cush, Fullerton, ODonnell and Donnelly or else call up players who stepped away last year like McAliskey, Tiernan Quinn or Daniel Kerr. Either way they need to do something to bulk up the forward options on the panel.

GlenMan

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on April 01, 2022, 06:37:16 PM
Quote from: HokeyPokey on April 01, 2022, 10:25:41 AM
Tyrone are mostly playing with two out and out forwards. That's currently McShane and McCurry.

Darragh Canavan, Conor McKenna, Petey Harte, Mattie Donnelly, Richie Donnelly and maybe even Sludden could fill one of those roles. Be interested to see Kilpatrick tried too!  There's probably other squad players I haven't seen much of who can also play there.  I think Mattie Donnelly as an option would be a big blow as the ball just sticks to him inside and always good for scores when put inside. McShane has that in him too, but yet to get form this year, but it's early.
Mattie injured, Bradley, O'Neill, Brennan and Donaghy away leaves Tyrone with Conroy, Nugent and an injured Emmett McNabb to come in for McKenna McShane McCurry.
Surely they have to fall back on the U20s of Canavan, Cush, Fullerton, ODonnell and Donnelly or else call up players who stepped away last year like McAliskey, Tiernan Quinn or Daniel Kerr. Either way they need to do something to bulk up the forward options on the panel.

Agreed it's a big issue.

If we take the squad from the Kerry game at the weekend, there were no proper forwards on the sub bench except Donaghy. Our go to sub when we want to replace a forward is Liam Rafferty.

In hiding

Conor Cush is county standard, will be a top player but can't be rushed.

GlenMan

Quote from: In hiding on April 01, 2022, 06:45:01 PM

Yep for sure. He hasn't played for the 20's yet due to an injury and has another year at that level too.

NotedObserver

How good is conroy? Him coming on v the dubs was interesting and suggested that he has been performing in training

toby47

Quote from: GlenMan on April 01, 2022, 06:54:21 PM

Yep for sure. He hasn't played for the 20's yet due to an injury and has another year at that level too.

Yeah a knee injury is keeping him out

Mikhailov

Quote from: toby47 on April 01, 2022, 08:04:25 PM

Toby47, are you not at the Derry U20 game or are you one of the Shamrock fellas who is a Tyrone man? You always have very good posts on this board - a very well connected man in my opinion.

toby47

Quote from: Mikhailov on April 01, 2022, 08:16:58 PM

Toby47, are you not at the Derry U20 game or are you one of the Shamrock fellas who is a Tyrone man? You always have very good posts on this board - a very well connected man in my opinion.

Watching it in the living room this evening. And most certainly not a shamrock.

Mikhailov

Quote from: toby47 on April 01, 2022, 09:14:59 PM
Quote from: Mikhailov on April 01, 2022, 08:16:58 PM

Watching it in the living room this evening. And most certainly not a shamrock.

Did Derry struggle? Surely they should be beating Antrim with a bit to spare considering they won AI Minor title in 2020. Who starred for the Oak Leaf men?

LeoMc

Seems to have recovered well.

NotedObserver

Quote from: LeoMc on April 02, 2022, 05:16:07 PM

Any standouts in the u20s today?

redzone

Quote from: NotedObserver on April 02, 2022, 06:09:39 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on April 02, 2022, 05:16:07 PM

Any standouts in the u20s today?
Ruari Canavan
Conor Cush
Ciaran Daly 
stood out for me.