Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrone08

For me the issue will be the standard of the training. I remember kieran saying last year that having a strong panel with the likes of Lee brennan and sparky etc allowed the defenders to get better during the training as everyone was gunning for a starting position.

That amount of talent walking away has to effect the training. Any suggestions on who could be brought in.

The Trap

If lads on the squad not getting much football were allowed to play for the clubs it would help a lot! Takes away the club v County stuff......tyrones downfall could be squad depth.....

Tyrone11234

Surely the star game system gets looked at soon

tyrone08

Quote from: The Trap on March 31, 2022, 08:16:03 PM
If lads on the squad not getting much football were allowed to play for the clubs it would help a lot! Takes away the club v County stuff......tyrones downfall could be squad depth.....

Agreed. Never understood why pnael players weren't allowed to play for club. Surely it keeps players fit and sharp. Injuries can happen as much at training than at games

Lamh Dhearg Alba

I'd be disappointed if Donaghy has indeed quit due to lack of game time. After his explosive start he hasn't done much when he has played and I thought he got more game time than his performances merited. The management gave him a shot with Tyrone and put him in the team at times when others had a good case, I'd have hoped he'd have given them the summer at least. Perhaps however there are other reasons behind this.

He might still kick on in the future but don't think it's a big loss to the team at this stage. The loss is in terms of depth in the panel. Of the players who walked Bradley and McCann are the ones I was really sorry to see to go, but the others certainly missed for depth and driving the starters on.

Tyrone Gaa

I don't think Donaghy was county standard or if he was he needed to improve a lot on recent performances.

With the competitiveness of our club league/championship the days of Tyrone carrying a panel of 40 and keeping everyone happy are over. There is only 26 in a match day squad, 32 players should be ample, or an arrangement that any player not selected in the 26 is eligible to play for their clubs. There are surely those who will happily remain a bit part player in a county panel, but I have respect for those guys that place more value in their clubs than tagging along with the county for the bus journeys, free gear and hotels.

This might not be the last we see of players leaving either.
Living the dream!!!

paddyjohn

Fergal Logan wearing PDs county gear whilst wishing the hurlers all the best.. waste not want not

HokeyPokey

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on March 31, 2022, 10:12:48 PM
I don't think Donaghy was county standard or if he was he needed to improve a lot on recent performances.

With the competitiveness of our club league/championship the days of Tyrone carrying a panel of 40 and keeping everyone happy are over. There is only 26 in a match day squad, 32 players should be ample, or an arrangement that any player not selected in the 26 is eligible to play for their clubs. There are surely those who will happily remain a bit part player in a county panel, but I have respect for those guys that place more value in their clubs than tagging along with the county for the bus journeys, free gear and hotels.

This might not be the last we see of players leaving either.

I sincerely doubt there are any players putting in that level of time commitment for a bit of free gear or hotel stays.

TwoUpTwoDown

Anything to be said for God Jnr Jnr being added? Good enough they are old enough etc...

HokeyPokey

Tyrone are mostly playing with two out and out forwards. That's currently McShane and McCurry.

Darragh Canavan, Conor McKenna, Petey Harte, Mattie Donnelly, Richie Donnelly and maybe even Sludden could fill one of those roles. Be interested to see Kilpatrick tried too!  There's probably other squad players I haven't seen much of who can also play there.  I think Mattie Donnelly as an option would be a big blow as the ball just sticks to him inside and always good for scores when put inside. McShane has that in him too, but yet to get form this year, but it's early.

omagh_gael

Is Emmet McNabb still on the panel?

RoundBall

Yes, but currently injured I think.
An Ríocht Uí Néill

NotedObserver

Quote from: TwoUpTwoDown on April 01, 2022, 02:04:13 AM
Anything to be said for God Jnr Jnr being added? Good enough they are old enough etc...

What is the story with under 20s. Can they play senior in same year?

omagh_gael

Quote from: NotedObserver on April 01, 2022, 04:02:46 PM

As far as I understand it they can't play while the county is still in the u20 competition but are free to play when they've been beat.

Mikhailov

Quote from: omagh_gael on April 01, 2022, 04:31:05 PM
Quote from: NotedObserver on April 01, 2022, 04:02:46 PM

As far as I understand it they can't play while the county is still in the u20 competition but are free to play when they've been beat.

I think they can play if are needed. The Downey & McEvoy lads have played for Derry seniors and 2 x Murdock lads for Down seniors but I think that our senior management are happy to let them concentrate on the 20's until their season is over.