Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: southtyronegael on January 30, 2018, 09:06:59 PM
and if u watch mayo, u dont see them pump high ball into andy moran, alway threaded passes just at the right height for him to come onto. this doesnt happen by chance, its worked on tirelessly at training with mc entee from crossmaglen showing them how to get it right. how much work are we doing on this aspect of our game at training?

Mayo are a very physically imposing side though.

Looking at the profiles in the match programme last year for the semi-final with Dublin, most of our players were a stone and a half lighter and a couple of inches shorter than their Dublin counterparts. We lack that natural size and I think some of our lads look like they're blown up and overcompensating for it.

In hiding

Quote from: redzone on January 30, 2018, 06:47:06 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on January 30, 2018, 06:16:25 PM
Quote from: In hiding on January 30, 2018, 05:47:45 PM
Quote from: bgal10 on January 30, 2018, 05:36:50 PM
Standard over the top negativity from tyrone fans as usual. Sunday was a poor performance but it happens. Fact of the matter is, we are probably the 4th or 5th best team in the country and are going for 3 ulster titles in a row (something which no tyrone team has ever achieved before).
We got beaten by a superior Dublin team in the All Ireland semi-final last year (a team that some say is the best ever). Before that game, everyone was raving about Tyrone's counter attacking play.  People can keep harping on about the negative football and lack of free flowing forward play. The basic fact is, we don't have those elite inside forwards that Dublin, Mayo and Kerry possess. We don't have a Cillian O'Connor, a Paul Geaney or any 1 of the numerous Dublin forwards. Do people think if we still had Stephen O'Neill, Peter Canavan, Owen Mulligan all available that we would still be playing the same system we do now? You have to play to your strengths.
Also, the idea of Tyrone having this unwatchable system of football is something that has been originated by the media and jumped on by the majority of the public. Never let the facts get in the way of a good story as they say.
People can say that the forwards aren't getting a chance to shine…personally I think this is nonsense. The elite players will always find a way to score.
Do the people on here seriously think that if Mickey had stepped aside, we would have beaten Dublin last year? Or if he stepped aside now, we would go one better than last year and win Sam? 3 semi finals in the last 5 years with 2 ulster titles is probably about right for the current group of players, considering the presence of the current Dublin team and a Mayo team who aren't far behind.
We are what we are and that is a very good team who are probably a couple of elite forwards away from properly challenging the top 3.

Who in the name of God are these elite forwards that Mayo have ??

This is the latest drivel being pedalled on this thread. Cillian O Connor is not an elite forward, Andy Moran is not an elite forward. If they played for Tyrone we would have Mickey’s disciples telling us all that we don’t have elite forwards. You tell us that Tyrone are only unwatchable because the media tell us so.....

Unbelievable

I expect this sh1t from bomber and Redzone and  Redhand Santa but now we have another, (or maybe just another account from one of the above)

Massively wrong. Both start for any other county in Ireland. Moran is probably one of the greatest players in modern times.

I'd say Jason Doherty and Aiden O'Shea also start for Tyrone as a point of fact.
As stupid a statement as it is it will never beat the time u asked were dinky mcbride was from despite u being an omagh man. U were well christened
Time to go with Lee Brennan, for the frees if nothing else. Thats aboulstely killing us.
I wonder did it backfire on Harte on Sunday. Both Bradley and Rory Brennan should be on, but both were left on the bench. Mattie back to 6 and bear to 3.mcnamme and Brennan in the corners.pete and mccann 5+7.no 8 McClure and 9 -----10. Meyler 11. Sludden 12. Burns 13. Brennan 14---- 15 Bradley

Do me huge favour and show me where I asked where dinky mc bride was from ? You are an ass. If Cillian O Connor was from Tyrone he would only be on because of his free taking. you are more to be pitied than scorned

southtyronegael

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 30, 2018, 10:27:21 PM
and if u watch mayo, u dont see them pump high ball into andy moran, alway threaded passes just at the right height for him to come onto. this doesnt happen by chance, its worked on tirelessly at training with mc entee from crossmaglen showing them how to get it right. how much work are we doing on this aspect of our game at training?

Looking at the profiles in the match programme last year for the semi-final with Dublin, most of our players were a stone and a half lighter and a couple of inches shorter than their Dublin counterparts. We lack that natural size and I think some of our lads look like they're blown up and overcompensating for it.
im not sure what being physically imposing has to do with kicking a ball accurate? is andy moran any more physically imposing than some of our lads? sometimes brain can beat brawn you know. andy moran only 5'10 and weight just over 13 stone.

redzone

Or the time u couldn't understand why Kieran Kennedy was in the picture of new Tyrone jersey. 😂😂😂
Aboulstey clueless.

In hiding

Quote from: redzone on January 30, 2018, 11:33:54 PM
Or the time u couldn't understand why Kieran Kennedy was in the picture of new Tyrone jersey.
Aboulstey clueless.

Aboulstey

Again... pitied not scorned

redzone

RedHand88

We're gonna ambush them. I can feel it in my water.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 30, 2018, 10:27:21 PM

Mayo lads are beasts. They've got their Durcans/Dohertys/Diarmuid O'Connors to do the running around the middle, but by and large, the rest are 13 stone 6ft and up and all power and look it naturally. Just look at their backline, everyone you could go to war with - I don't see that in Tyrone/Kerry backlines and it shows in the big games.

Tom Parsons is a hugely underrated player also for them, he's the type of fella can stand with the Fentons and Coopers in midfield and give them all they want. Tyrone simply don't have that, Colm Cavanagh is capable of it in bursts but either he/Mickey Harte play with the handbrake on - Cavanagh is also very quickly coming to the end, as a fielder he's pretty much at the top of the tree but in the open field of Croke he doesn't have it in his legs.

southtyronegael

Think I read somewhere that 2 of mayo's best defenders are only 5'10 so not exactly giants. But crucially they have a mental aggression that more than makes up for lack of size. But then their manager gives them they freedom they need to do their thing.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: southtyronegael on January 31, 2018, 11:09:28 AM
Think I read somewhere that 2 of mayo's best defenders are only 5'10 so not exactly giants. But crucially they have a mental aggression that more than makes up for lack of size. But then their manager gives them they freedom they need to do their thing.

Higgins and Boyle presumably. Higgins has or did have pace to burn and will down as one of the best defenders of his era. Boyle is small but a very hardy and tough competitors.

I think the issue is that those lads are naturally powerful whereas our lads just look blown up. I think it's a reaction to us trying to over-compensate for not having enough natural big men in our side.

southtyronegael

Lee Keegan only 5'11. It not the size of the man in the fight, its the size of the fight in the man.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: southtyronegael on January 31, 2018, 11:51:47 AM
Lee Keegan only 5'11. It not the size of the man in the fight, its the size of the fight in the man.

Lee Keegan has natural power and speed. We have plenty of good footballers with very good skills but are lacking the natural physicality needed for today's game.

The Trap

What has happened in the last 6 months? Last August we were the fittest team in the land, had the best man at S&C, the best panel the county ever had......now we are too small, not doing the right training, have no backs, no forwards, one midfielder and a goalie........

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: southtyronegael on January 31, 2018, 11:51:47 AM

Crucially he's about 13.5st and built like a Rugby League player, with the athleticism to boot and he's got the nastiness in him that all winners have.

In hiding

Quote from: The Trap on January 31, 2018, 01:37:32 PM
What has happened in the last 6 months? Last August we were the fittest team in the land, had the best man at S&C, the best panel the county ever had......now we are too small, not doing the right training, have no backs, no forwards, one midfielder and a goalie........
;D ;D