Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southtyronegael

Quote from: Gaffer on September 05, 2017, 11:16:48 PM
Quote from: southtyronegael on September 05, 2017, 10:11:29 PM
Omg 3 fuckin years. How depressing.

Depressing for you Fermanagh ones!!!
haha its great craic isnt it. i hope everyone up in garvaghey is feeling happy tonight. they will regret this one big time. and id advise harte and devlin not to be attending to many club championship games as they might not be made too welcome. this hasnt went down well.

omagh_gael

I want to state first off that I'm not firmly in the Harte out camp, however, a three year term is a bit mad. There's no hiding from the fact that his system was designed to beat the Dubs and ended up costing us a defeat that was the same margin as Carlow. If we continue to see this one man forward line then I can foresee a serious amount of discontent amongst an already shaky fan base. He's in real danger of tainting his heroic legacy which would be a shame for us as a county and him as a man.

RedHand88

Quote from: WT4E on September 05, 2017, 10:41:14 PM
Disappointing but probably inevitable - MH has that much control that anyone with credible claim to the job would be too afeared to take it from him.

After what I watched in Croker a couple of weeks ago I think i'll save my cash and watch it on the box.

You'll no doubt be on the hunt for tickets next August.

RedHand88

Quote from: southtyronegael on September 05, 2017, 11:26:30 PM

haha its great craic isnt it. i hope everyone up in garvaghey is feeling happy tonight. they will regret this one big time. and id advise harte and devlin not to be attending to many club championship games as they might not be made too welcome. this hasnt went down well.

Going by social media it's about 60-70% favourable. And let's be honest, most don't be bothered either way. If you think they don't be welcome at club games you need to cop on.

WT4E

Quote from: RedHand88 on September 06, 2017, 12:01:36 AM
Quote from: WT4E on September 05, 2017, 10:41:14 PM
Disappointing but probably inevitable - MH has that much control that anyone with credible claim to the job would be too afeared to take it from him.

After what I watched in Croker a couple of weeks ago I think i'll save my cash and watch it on the box.

You'll no doubt be on the hunt for tickets next August.

You might be right.

sam03/05

What is the average age of people who use this board? 15/16?

redhandefender

Another dead give away clue that you haven't a clue about football, whats gonna happen harte at a club championship game you muppet!

Gone just clear off now for the next few years as we know exactly the rubbish gonna be coming from you unless you go through puberty and get away from the tissues and computer desk

Legoman5

Quote from: redhandefender on September 05, 2017, 03:50:47 PM
Quote from: Legoman5 on September 05, 2017, 03:39:59 PM
What I believe will happen is that Mickey Will stay on and will not be pushed out, Weather or not that is 1 or 2 years I dont know but I believe he will definately be back to defend his Ulster title!
As for future replacements within the next year or 2, there are 3 main men to choose from in my opinion:

O'Rourke
McGleenan
Logan

This is just what I think, Men like Canavan would be in the backroom team, Porter will O'Rourke Etc

Nonsense Malachy O'Rourke will never manage Tyrone not a mission! It will be a tyrone man.

Porter will be lucky to get near a club team in tyrone again after his antics against tyrone

Well maybe your right but I disagree, your thinking what you think and not what our County board will decide and I dont hink it will be your personal call, I think we could go outside the County again for a manager!
As I said when we do change and I dont see why it might not be considered to be O'Rourke as there arent to many candidates, also as off Porter, McCarron wont be there anyway as we're chatting minimum 3 years now aswel (Maybe 2 if Harte walks himself)

GJL

Quote from: Legoman5 on September 06, 2017, 09:11:37 AM
What I believe will happen is that Mickey Will stay on and will not be pushed out, Weather or not that is 1 or 2 years I dont know but I believe he will definately be back to defend his Ulster title!
As for future replacements within the next year or 2, there are 3 main men to choose from in my opinion:

O'Rourke
McGleenan
Logan

This is just what I think, Men like Canavan would be in the backroom team, Porter will O'Rourke Etc

Nonsense Malachy O'Rourke will never manage Tyrone not a mission! It will be a tyrone man.

Porter will be lucky to get near a club team in tyrone again after his antics against tyrone

Well maybe your right but I disagree, your thinking what you think and not what our County board will decide and I dont hink it will be your personal call, I think we could go outside the County again for a manager!
As I said when we do change and I dont see why it might not be considered to be O'Rourke as there arent to many candidates, also as off Porter, McCarron wont be there anyway as we're chatting minimum 3 years now aswel (Maybe 2 if Harte walks himself)

again?

Christmas Lights

Quote from: GJL on September 06, 2017, 09:40:10 AM

O'Rourke
McGleenan
Logan

again?

What did Porter do?

Tyrone Gaa

I was in the Harte out camp and I'm disappointed that he has been awarded a 3 year term particularly when he only wanted 2!!!  The county delegates must not of watched the same game as I did or acknowledge that we tried to defend a 7 point deficit for bout 50mins of the game.  I honestly cant remember the last time we beat Mayo, Kerry or Dublin in a championship game? 4/5 years anyhow.

That being said the decision has been made and I'm not going to hound Mickey for 3 years, he has my support to do the best he can do with this talented group and I still pray for success in the hope that I got it wrong.
Living the dream!!!

The Golden Years

Quote from: In hiding on September 05, 2017, 10:43:21 PM
Well that's the end of Johnny munroes inter county career

I think Johnny ended this himself.

Hotrocks

Quote from: Christmas Lights on September 06, 2017, 09:45:06 AM
Quote from: GJL on September 06, 2017, 09:40:10 AM

O'Rourke
McGleenan
Logan

again?

What did Porter do?

Redhanddefender talks some shit.  Don't pass any remarks on him.

driveherin

so we are going to be watching Mickey standing on the sideline for another 3 years with his arms folded..... unbelievable.....oh sorry..thats the picture of cool, calm, collected!!!
So how do clubs decide on how they vote? Do they hold committee meeting and vote within the club before it goes o county board meeting??? Very curious!!!

Moortown Spuds

I heard that club delegates do not consult their clubs and vote on a whim which I think is ridiculous. Club delegates by definition "a person sent or authorized to represent others, in particular an elected representative sent to a conference" would suggest that the delegates have the authority to make their own decision.

Surely the delegate should be voting as instructed by their club committee?

*I was in favour of the appointment based on the lack of an alternative. This will be his last term however as I cannot foresee the big one being landed.