Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

McCullagh definitely still in the squad.

LeoMc

Quote from: omaghjoe on May 16, 2017, 06:30:26 PM
So what is the deal with Munroe, apologies if someone has mentioned it already (southtyrone excluded obviously)

He did the hard work to try to put himself in the frame for the championship and has evaluated his chances of starting and must have considered that the further work was not worth it, especially if it was to the detriment of his club.
If he is not enjoying it and feels he is not getting anywhere there is no reason he would stay.

Under Lights

what is the injury list like- who is carrying anything going into the game?

rrhf

Quote from: omagh_gael on May 17, 2017, 12:01:32 AM
Who is this mc cullagh and Mc Hugh we speak of?

Legoman5

Quote from: rrhf on May 19, 2017, 08:38:06 AM
Quote from: omagh_gael on May 17, 2017, 12:01:32 AM
Who is this mc cullagh and Mc Hugh we speak of?

Cahir McCullagh and Ronan McHugh..
You wouldnt be a big follower of club football would you..

Dire Ear

Quote from: Under Lights on May 19, 2017, 07:57:14 AM
McCarron, Ritchie Donnelly.....McAlliskey long term, think McClure back again.

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: Dire Ear on May 19, 2017, 12:22:11 PM
Justy is also struggling apparently with a Quad injury.

seanmc123

Quote from: Dire Ear on May 19, 2017, 12:22:11 PM

I know Richie and McAlliskey are out long term is Mccarron not just short term ?

omagh_gael

What's the story with R Donnelly? What type of injury has he got? Is this year a write off for him?

rrhf

I am certainly and I know the lads but I havent seen them playing too much for the county yet in relation to championship places. 

Dire Ear

Thought Richie wasn;t a long term injury,  pity if it is.  Love to see him getting a run together.

Fuzzman

Does Jerome Quinn or nobody else record any of the underage games.
I was looking for some more footage of young Darragh Canavan. It's nice to see him playing at FF for the U17s and you can see a lot of similarities between him and his dad.
It's exciting to think that in 4 or 5 years hopefully he'll be pushing through to the senior squad.
What age was Peter when he made his debut?

LeoMc

Quote from: Fuzzman on May 19, 2017, 02:33:32 PM
I was looking for some more footage of young Darragh Canavan. It's nice to see him playing at FF for the U17s and you can see a lot of similarities between him and his dad.
It's exciting to think that in 4 or 5 years hopefully he'll be pushing through to the senior squad.

Maybe let him get an underage championship and some club senior football before parachuting him into the squad!

Fuzzman

That's why I said 4 or 5 years time LeoMc and of course a lot can happen between now and then.

All I'm saying is, that in these days of Tyrone not having many exciting forwards it gives us a little hope for the future.

On another note did any of ye see Mugsy this week on Laochra Gael?
http://www.tg4.ie/en/programmes/laochra-gael/

rrhf

Quote from: LeoMc on May 19, 2017, 03:03:12 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on May 19, 2017, 02:33:32 PM

Maybe let him get an underage championship and some club senior football before parachuting him into the squad!

Peter started in Round 1 National League 1989 V Mayo played at Castlebar Mitchells.  There was a dark pishy cloud... as black as peat in the sky that day, the clouds parted and the rains stopped  and there was the brightest beam of light ever recorded in Mayo.  It was like knock mark 2. 
Some of the largest boulders on Croagh Patrick broke in 2 that day.  The sea also parted at Westport, possibly some overkill on God's part alright.  It was a day of hope and wonderment for all who had made the pilgrimage.   
Mayo is indeed a miraculous county. In fairness the nice Mayo supporters left the game saying even of we cant win an all Ireland wouldnt it be deadly if this guy could. Lovely sports.