Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southtyronegael

Quote from: Fuzzman on April 07, 2017, 03:37:32 PM
Remember how Armagh were knocking on the door of an AI for a few years prior to 2002 with  Brian McAlinden and Brian Canavan in charge. After losing to Kerry in 2000, the players decided they wanted the pair to step down but they stood firm and remained on for another year.

Then big Joe came in in 2002 and he was the difference to push them over the line. I thought it was strange how the same thing happened to Tyrone with the new man taking them over the line and we've seen that happen quite a bit since then.
I'm not convinced Tyrone would have beaten Kerry in that semifinal in 2003 had Harte not been in charge.
so you agree we need a new manager now to get us over the line again?

southtyronegael

Quote from: ose 14 on April 07, 2017, 09:51:44 PM
whilst team in a million and stg are strongly anti-mickey they do raise an interesting point re media. the ulster herald post john carney have never written anything that would in anyway ruffle feathers. the irish news has always taken a pro ulster we need to sell papers approach to honouring mickey and the past. id love to see an article in the irish news that doesent mention 3 time all ireland winning blah blah.
with regards to the media i think mickey has played a blinder with them. he never turns down an interview with any local media.ie, irish news, tyrone herald, teamtalkmag, hoganstand, belfast telegraph so that he can spew a pile of shite and brainwash people into thinking he is doing a great job when results the last 6 yrs would suggest otherwise. its part of the reason why he has kept his job for so long.

randomusername

Quote from: southtyronegael on April 07, 2017, 10:28:08 PM
whilst team in a million and stg are strongly anti-mickey they do raise an interesting point re media. the ulster herald post john carney have never written anything that would in anyway ruffle feathers. the irish news has always taken a pro ulster we need to sell papers approach to honouring mickey and the past. id love to see an article in the irish news that doesent mention 3 time all ireland winning blah blah.
with regards to the media i think mickey has played a blinder with them. he never turns down an interview with any local media.ie, irish news, tyrone herald, teamtalkmag, hoganstand, belfast telegraph so that he can spew a pile of shite and brainwash people into thinking he is doing a great job when results the last 6 yrs would suggest otherwise. its part of the reason why he has kept his job for so long.

Like nearly all managers Mickey is interviewed after matches. The various media outlets use quotes from the post-match interview over the course of the following week. It's rare enough that he'll do an interview for one newspaper per se.

vallankumous

Off The Ball last night had a great discussion.

It was pointed out that Tyrone get a hard time from RTE compared to the Dubs and Kerry. That Dublin can be and have been cynical especially at the All Ireland final stage.
If ye get a chance listen back to it.

BennyHarp

Local GAA journalists never slag off their teams....in any county! It's their bread and butter, it's not a Mickey Harte thing....And they aren't all part of a master plan trying to brainwash people. You must find everyday life very difficult! 😂
That was never a square ball!!

square_ball

Quote from: BennyHarp on April 08, 2017, 08:45:16 AM

Local GAA journalists never slag off their teams....in any county! It's their bread and butter, it's not a Mickey Harte thing....And they aren't all part of a master plan trying to brainwash people. You must find everyday life very difficult! 😂

According to these lads Benny it's worse than North Korea around these parts!

southtyronegael

Quote from: vallankumous on April 08, 2017, 08:41:31 AM

It was pointed out that Tyrone get a hard time from RTE compared to the Dubs and Kerry. That Dublin can be and have been cynical especially at the All Ireland final stage.
I wonder why Tyrone have been getting such a hard time from rte this last 6 yrs?

Il Bomber Destro

Listened to us, it was merely a line saying if Tyrone, Donegal or Monaghan had done some of the stuff Dublin did in cynical play there would be a 25 minute analysis of it on The Sunday Game.

Fitzmaurice has a brass neck to be moaning about media bias. Kerry have been the most cynical side in the country since he has taken charge and by and large have gotten away with minimum criticism.

teaminamillion

Quote from: southtyronegael on April 08, 2017, 01:54:20 PM

I wonder why Tyrone have been getting such a hard time from rte this last 6 yrs?
people on here should worry about what's going on in there own house instead of worrying about Dublin or Kerry.

teaminamillion

After a great day of club action, I can only say there is plenty of forward talent in the O'Neill county.

BennyHarp

Quote from: teaminamillion on April 09, 2017, 11:32:22 PM
After a great day of club action, I can only say there is plenty of forward talent in the O'Neill county.

Name names fella. Who's not there that should be?
That was never a square ball!!

In hiding

Quote from: BennyHarp on April 09, 2017, 11:36:49 PM

Conan Grugan, Conan Grugan and Conan Grugan. Obviously not just judging him on todays performance against a fairly under strength Greencastle team where he was the best player on the pitch by a long way. There are a load of players on the county squad who are all very good but Grugan is better than.

teaminamillion

Quote from: In hiding on April 09, 2017, 11:47:31 PM

Conan Grugan, Conan Grugan and Conan Grugan. Obviously not just judging him on todays performance against a fairly under strength Greencastle team where he was the best player on the pitch by a long way. There are a load of players on the county squad who are all very good but Grugan is better than.
Peter Hughes of Eskra is a consistently excellent performer who nailed every free kick inside the 45 left and right with considerable ease. Open play even better. Wonder how many of the omagh boys on here would swap Grugan for Peter Harte?? Not too many id say!!

RedHandTom

Quote from: In hiding on April 09, 2017, 11:47:31 PM

Conan Grugan is no better than what's there. Many in the know would tell you that there's very valid reasons why Grugan isn't there. Very few to do with football ability and more to do with attitude

Redhand Santa

Grugan should be judged more on games like last year v Clonoe in a tight championship game than an easy league win over an average division 1 team.