Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teaminamillion

The last time I seen a Tyrone forward put in a performance of any significance was Kyle Coney v Cork some years ago. I just find it incredible that a player of that potential can be so easily discarded? Then again it's Mickey Harte were dealing with here. His nephew has to be the most overrated player ever to put on a Tyrone jersey. I'm just glad the Tyrone county board didn't bow to the Irish news campaign to get Harte a new 2 year deal. That was one close call! OUT NOW!

skeog

Wise up team no need for abusing Peter Harte he is an all star who gives 100 per cent each and every time.

Hereiam

This system is not working and Harte is to stubborn to change it

longballin

Quote from: teaminamillion on March 26, 2017, 07:33:46 PM
The last time I seen a Tyrone forward put in a performance of any significance was Kyle Coney v Cork some years ago. I just find it incredible that a player of that potential can be so easily discarded? Then again it's Mickey Harte were dealing with here. His nephew has to be the most overrated player ever to put on a Tyrone jersey. I'm just glad the Tyrone county board didn't bow to the Irish news campaign to get Harte a new 2 year deal. That was one close call! OUT NOW!

Petie is well worth his place now but others like Kyle not looked after as well. Was players moved all over the place till get Petie accomodated in earlier days

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: longballin on March 26, 2017, 08:50:02 PM
Quote from: teaminamillion on March 26, 2017, 07:33:46 PM

Petie is well worth his place now but others like Kyle not looked after as well. Was players moved all over the place till get Petie accomodated in earlier days

Coney had enough chances and if he hadn't thrown a strop after the McKenna Cup final in 2015 then he might still be in the squad.

Doesn't look he's pulling up any trees with Ardboe in any case.

Norf Tyrone

I notice Cathal McShane coming in for some criticism on here. Hard to know why a sub that gets 18 mins gets the blame today. However, it is far to say that he has been somewhat off the pace the last 2-3 games. Someone further back states they have yet to see him contribute for Tyrone. Well they obviously weren't at the Derry game last year, where he was in the top 2-3 performers, and the Cavan game in the Ulster SF (Can't mind which one) where he was Tyrone's MOTM.

However, I think the fella is being flogged to death and badly managed.

Cathal started the 2015 season early with the Tyrone U21s, and as we know Tyrone got an extended run, with Cathal MOTM in the final. He went straight from that into the Tyrone senior squad, coupled with our senior side. Owen Roes season ended on 22nd Nov 2015.
He got 2 weeks rest before he was back out with Tyrone seniors in the O Fiach Cup which was 13th December 2015. Two weeks rest!

The O'Fiach Cup final was 20th December 2015, and Cathal was out in January with Tyrone U21s and the senior side (Top scorer from play in the 2016 final) via the McKenna Cup. It was then into the NFL and back to Club football. Again our last game of 2016 was on 12th November.

Then it was straight to training with St Marys and getting ready for the McKenna/ Sigerson, not to mention being back with Tyrone and the O Fiach Cup on 11th Dec. January was McKenna Cup, National League, and Sigerson Cup. Then it'll be Tyrone ACL action 2 weeks today.

Bar all that I've no idea why he looks a bit off the pace and jaded.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

teaminamillion

Peter Harte and Aidan Mc Rory have played the most times for Tyrone behind Cavanagh. Says it all really. To think what players have slipped through the net. Who remembers Brian Robinson of Donaghmore. A regular corner back for Tyrone in 2001, 2002 and was All star nominated in 02. As soon as Mickey arrived out the door he went.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on March 26, 2017, 09:07:31 PM
I notice Cathal McShane coming in for some criticism on here. Hard to know why a sub that gets 18 mins gets the blame today. However, it is far to say that he has been somewhat off the pace the last 2-3 games. Someone further back states they have yet to see him contribute for Tyrone. Well they obviously weren't at the Derry game last year, where he was in the top 2-3 performers, and the Cavan game in the Ulster SF (Can't mind which one) where he was Tyrone's MOTM.

However, I think the fella is being flogged to death and badly managed.

Cathal started the 2015 season early with the Tyrone U21s, and as we know Tyrone got an extended run, with Cathal MOTM in the final. He went straight from that into the Tyrone senior squad, coupled with our senior side. Owen Roes season ended on 22nd Nov 2015.
He got 2 weeks rest before he was back out with Tyrone seniors in the O Fiach Cup which was 13th December 2015. Two weeks rest!

The O'Fiach Cup final was 20th December 2015, and Cathal was out in January with Tyrone U21s and the senior side (Top scorer from play in the 2016 final) via the McKenna Cup. It was then into the NFL and back to Club football. Again our last game of 2016 was on 12th November.

Then it was straight to training with St Marys and getting ready for the McKenna/ Sigerson, not to mention being back with Tyrone and the O Fiach Cup on 11th Dec. January was McKenna Cup, National League, and Sigerson Cup. Then it'll be Tyrone ACL action 2 weeks today.

Bar all that I've no idea why he looks a bit off the pace and jaded.

He's a young lad and the fault lies more so with Harte for constantly picking him but he simply doesn't deserve his spot and constant chances given his performances at senior level.

His decision making is too erratic, takes daft shots on, runs in to traffic and plays with his head down. He's very frustrating, there was one case today where he just ran down the inside and hand pass the ball across the goal to David Clarke when there was nobody in the area. He's not developing, he looks every bit as raw and naive as he did two years ago when he joined the squad.

There's plenty of lads that play in his area of the pitch that should be worth a go, McShane has had enough chances now and he hasn't taken them. It's time to look at other options

randomusername

Quote from: teaminamillion on March 26, 2017, 09:17:10 PM
Peter Harte and Aidan Mc Rory have played the most times for Tyrone behind Cavanagh. Says it all really. To think what players have slipped through the net. Who remembers Brian Robinson of Donaghmore. A regular corner back for Tyrone in 2001, 2002 and was All star nominated in 02. As soon as Mickey arrived out the door he went.

Well Brian how's it going?

southtyronegael

brian robinson had to make way for the 6 errigal men mickey wanted on the panel. as for todays game its just the same muck. no amount of personel or positional changes are goin to make a difference. the whole setup is fundamentaly flawed.

randomusername

Quote from: southtyronegael on March 26, 2017, 10:15:25 PM
brian robinson had to make way for the 6 errigal men mickey wanted on the panel. as for todays game its just the same muck. no amount of personel or positional changes are goin to make a difference. the whole setup is fundamentaly flawed.

He won an All-Ireland medal in 2003. I don't think anyone could complain too much about Tyrone's back six that year.

southtyronegael

mickey harte is the only man to blame. he is in charge dont forget. the quicker he is chased the better.

GaelTheGael

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on March 26, 2017, 05:44:58 PM
I do find some of Harte's selections baffling.

I struggle to see the logic in the continuous chances afforded to McShane.

McCurry should have been whipped off after about 40 minutes today, he was struggling badly and his body language wasn't good. Burns had a great game against Monaghan and hasn't been seen since? Munroe and McNulty featured heavily in pre season but again seemed to have fallen off the radar.

Loughran got an opportunity today but we haven't seen McHugh, McCullagh or Cassidy in the league so you've got to wonder what the point is when they can't even get an opportunity in the league.

We need a bit of a shake up against Kerry next week, still an outside chance of a final spot.

Hopefully the likes of Burns, Conall McCann, Brennan and Mulgrew get a run out next week as some players have really exhausted Harte's faith at this point.
Must be very frustrating for these players to see McCrory, McShane and O'Neill get constant opportunities over them.

Club boi

Darren Mc Curry was the closest "defender/tackler" to Parsons for his goal. A man that should've been standing at the far end of the pitch. Says it all. No point being a prolific scorer in this Tyrone System

Time for change

southtyronegael

go over to the cavan forum and see how happy they are with their new manager. they are buzzing with optimism. our thread is pure depression. we need to get on the phone to mc gleenan asap and start preparing for next year. harte out.