Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: Mikhailov on August 14, 2016, 11:28:00 PM
Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on August 14, 2016, 04:03:19 PM
Quote from: Helpline on August 12, 2016, 12:18:56 PM
Tyrone need catchers, kickers and old fashioned finishers- keep it simple and the scores will come. Too much and too many read into tactics these days.. >:(
Head to Healt Park on the 2nd of September and watch Cahir McCullagh in action.

Catch yourself on !!!
Don't bother going then but he does meets all the above criteria and if you think there's a better player in the county atm that's not already on the county set up your heads away.

Tyrone Gaa

I see Mickey Harte is looking a years extension to his current Tyrone deal and apparently he has got the green light from CB just needs ratified by the puppets in County Committee.  Please don't take this as me looking Mickey gone but I'm more of the wait and see opinion.  I would like him to take the team next season then step back and review the options with out continuing to dance to Mickey's tune.

The Anglo Celt was a very welcome addition this year, but that was celebrating 6 years of failure.  I hope Mickey can get to the latter stages of the League this season and match that with AI Semi Final then I would be more than happy to see him continue in his role as senior manager.

There is also the face that there isn't any man out there chomping at the bit to take the role on.
Living the dream!!!

Keyboard Warrior

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on August 16, 2016, 02:29:32 PM
Tyrone need catchers, kickers and old fashioned finishers- keep it simple and the scores will come. Too much and too many read into tactics these days.. >:(

Catch yourself on !!!

Don't bother going then but he does meets all the above criteria and if you think there's a better player in the county atm that's not already on the county set up your heads away.

Eoin McCusker?

skeog

Eoin was on the panel didnt get much time some players need a bit of encouragement he imo could quite easily have been a starter if he had been given more time.

omagh_gael

redzone

Takes a lot of time and commitment to play county. Think the two mentioned above were happy enough playing for their clubs. That's what people from their clubs have told me. Two class players though.

Someone who def should be brought back is Shea mcguigan. Seen him a few times but I'd imagine that bridge is burned.

Il Bomber Destro

The two issues I see for next year are full back and full forward.

Thought McNamee had a poor year this year when compared with 2015 where he was excellent. Mickey also likes McCarron to pick up the more physical of the forward line as McNamee struggles with a big strong target man, Givney gave him a really tough time in the drawn game with Cavan. Hampsey is certainly worth a more in depth look at in the league next year and I would worry about our ability to deal with the aerial ball if Justy decides to go away.

I've talked about the full forward before, we need a big guy in there who can win the direct ball and stick it over the bar. Cavanagh gets frustrated in there and does his best work further out the pitch so I think we need to look at other options. Would like to see Niall McKenna get a proper run in there this year and potentially Danny McNulty. Is there any story with McNulty? He was on the McKenna Cup panel in 2013 but hasn't had a look in since?

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: Keyboard Warrior on August 24, 2016, 04:25:42 PM
Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on August 16, 2016, 02:29:32 PM

Catch yourself on !!!

Eoin McCusker?
Your head is away.

southtyronegael

what would it matter who plays in the full forward line anyway? we dont kick the ball in to our forwards. all we do is run the ball from defence and end up with defenders shooting. really crap tactics from a total bluffer called mickey harte.

omagh_gael

Quote from: southtyronegael on August 25, 2016, 11:16:21 PM
what would it matter who plays in the full forward line anyway? we dont kick the ball in to our forwards. all we do is run the ball from defence and end up with defenders shooting. really crap tactics from a total bluffer called mickey harte.

Candidate for the worst ever first post?

southtyronegael

LeoMc

Go on then, I will indulge you.
Tell me who we put in to full forward to win these long balls against Neil McGee and the Donegal back 10 or any if the other top defences?

While you are at it tell us who should be overseeing this revolution?

southtyronegael

for a start sean cavanagh should have got the role at full forward against mayo. in the same way andy moran does it for mayo and they are both the same age. the style of play needs to change before we start naming who is going to play where. whatever forwards u play under the current tactics is irrelevant as they wont be gettin the kind of ball into the space they need. did u not notice our last 4 shots for an equalizer against mayo were taken by nial morgan, cathal mc carron, tiarnan mc cann and darren mc curry. only 1 of those 4 is a forward.

BennyHarp

Quote from: southtyronegael on August 26, 2016, 10:44:56 PM
for a start sean cavanagh should have got the role at full forward against mayo. in the same way andy moran does it for mayo and they are both the same age. the style of play needs to change before we start naming who is going to play where. whatever forwards u play under the current tactics is irrelevant as they wont be gettin the kind of ball into the space they need. did u not notice our last 4 shots for an equalizer against mayo were taken by nial morgan, cathal mc carron, tiarnan mc cann and darren mc curry. only 1 of those 4 is a forward.

Once we get a decent full forward do we then ask the opposition not to crowd the defence so he can get some space to play in?
That was never a square ball!!

vallankumous

A transfer market is the only answer to much of the discussion here. That's not how it works i'm afraid.