Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uncle Kev

Quote from: square_ball on August 07, 2016, 11:45:54 AM
I know club boi and uncle kev are on the wind up on this thread and don't contribute to a proper debate but Morgan is always an easy scapegoat for any tyrone loss.
I ain't blaming Morgan I am stating a fact that Tyrone badly need a free taker as this is the reason for them losing games !

Jeremiah O

Niall Morgan,like everyone else yesterday was trying his best but unfortunately he had a bad day.He nailed a couple of big ones in the Ulster Final but couldn't hit a barn door yesterday.Oisin McConville said after the draw with Cavan that the lack of a consistent free taker would be our downfall.So it proved to be.
Unconquered and unconquerable

Scoring Zone

Lets not get too dramatic, first loss of the year by a point, but its a sore and crucial one, watched the game again and there is a few glaring points
1- tyrone deserved to be beaten, more than enough chances to win by 2 or 3 (conversion rate not good this year, although scoring high enough returns)
2- carrying morgan, oneill, mcshane(particularly shooting decisions) - not good enough and under the high end pressure against top teams and potential game deciding moments they have proved they can't cope and disappear
3- panel depth - bradley too small (standard 50-50 ball into him on the d, he looks over his shoulder and doesn't commit - crucial stuff) mccurry should have started

plus points

sludden - outstanding year and transitioned to a v good club player to a very important cog in the wheel
usual - M Donnelly, Harte, C Cavanagh

And a separate point regarding s cavanagh and E O'Gara, D. Connolly, can refs not assume a forward of these guys ability not want to get involved in a wrestling match and it is the defenders that are the aggressors - negligent stuff

The Trap

Not going to slag anyone as they give it a lot of their time. And I heard that Sean cavanagh and the mcmahons retired after the game, great servants to football. Good luck with the rest of your careers lads.
But the effing system........it is brutal to watch. Not once did I get off my seat yesterday and it was a one point game.
Does anyone think it will change next year?

Uncle Kev

I am that sick of the modern day game that next year I am taking up caravan ing !

square_ball

Quote from: Uncle Kev on August 07, 2016, 01:49:38 PM
I am that sick of the modern day game that next year I am taking up caravan ing !

You not going to a few of the club championship games? Or maybe you should run against your mate Ms Jordan?

Uncle Kev

Quote from: square_ball on August 07, 2016, 01:55:53 PM
Quote from: Uncle Kev on August 07, 2016, 01:49:38 PM

You not going to a few of the club championship games? Or maybe you should run against your mate Ms Jordan?
who do you think will be lying beside me in the caravan getting her groin fixed ! Need somebody to get her away from tormenting the people on the hill !

SkillfulBill

Not going to slag off individual players on here but Tyrone are missing a couple of marquee inside forwards and a reliable free taker to win matches at the highest  level. The system we play will win you most games but not in Croke Park and the lack of inside forwards who can win their own ball and convert a high proportion of their chances is crucial. If it is true that Big Sean and the McMahons have retired then I would like to wish them the very best of luck great servants to Tyrone over the years.

Legoman5

Dissappointing wkend! Just wasnt meant to be! Hard to believe that that is our first defeat this year!! Just have to look forward to nxt year and hope that 1 or 2 more boys step up!
A few names which come to mind in particular is Kieran McGeary who I think will become a regular and Lee Brennan who I cant understand why he's not even makin the 24, maybe he's injured but you could have guaranteed he wouldnt have missed thoses chances at the end if he was thrown on!
Also like to wish Conor Clarke a speedy recovery, I hear he done his cruciate again playin a challenge match for Omagh on Thursday night, in which Meyler and Big Joe played in aswel which probably tells me they where trying to get Joe as many minutes under the belt as possible and bring on the semi and have him ready for the Dubs in the final but it looks as if we wont be seeing him in a Tyrone game again now imo!

vallankumous

I heard Mickey Harte post match interview on Radio Kerry yesterday. I don't know where it was recorded. It was a brilliant interview and a real honest view of the game.
It would have been so easy to let the interviewer lead him as many managers do but he was not swaying anyway from his view of the game. He sounded more like a
neutral educated observer than a defeated manager. I really wish GAA pundits and sports writers could act like that.
If we want to understand the truth about our games from we need this type of honesty from TV and Newspapers.

On an separate note and something I've referred to recently, the willingness of referees to hand out cards is destroying the game.
A  red card should be a last resort for a referee. It's the ultimate punishment for players and teams.
Sending a player off for two yellow cards is a punishment that rarely fits the crime.

Quarterback

Gutted following the weekend - I hope we learn from this.  Brutal stuff to watch all the same and this system is sucking the life out of so many good footballers.  My problem is why do we have to resort to it. Are we protecting our fullback line, can we not produce forwards in Tyrone?  Why do we play a system where we have 3 half backs playing in our half forward line.  We almost beat Kerry last year playing with 2 forwards up yet this year we resort to playing with 1 up!!  Couldn't help but think how useful the likes of a Kyle Coney could have been yesterday - as man that can kick a point.

Tyrone Gaa

I really hope S.Cavanagh commits to Tyrone next year.  He may wait until the club season is over and review the season as a whole.  He will have club aspirations as well as another crack at the Holy Grail.  I wouldn't be surprised if Moy don't have a championship run this year he puts his all into a club championship that is missing from his CV.  There are other leaders that could step up and I'm thinking one off P.Harte, M.Donnelly and C.Cavanagh as the next senior captain. Personally I feel if he has the desire and hunger to keep going he still has the quality to be in the Tyrone 15 for the 2017 season
Living the dream!!!

redhandofgod

ronan o@neill complete dirt, 3 games in a row and no point from play!!!!! McShane near as bad. FFS why is lee breenan not on, best player in tyrone last year!!!

LeoMc

Quote from: Quarterback on August 08, 2016, 10:09:51 AM
Gutted following the weekend - I hope we learn from this.  Brutal stuff to watch all the same and this system is sucking the life out of so many good footballers.  My problem is why do we have to resort to it. Are we protecting our fullback line, can we not produce forwards in Tyrone?  Why do we play a system where we have 3 half backs playing in our half forward line.  We almost beat Kerry last year playing with 2 forwards up yet this year we resort to playing with 1 up!!  Couldn't help but think how useful the likes of a Kyle Coney could have been yesterday - as man that can kick a point.
Not having forwards and not having a full back line may be the reason we have so many Half backs playing! We seem to be able to produce one type of footballer.

What players are out there. Who are the 5-6 points a match club men (I'll take from play or from frees)?
Who are the top clubs go to man markers?

driveherin

Sean Cavanagh is done guys....bar 15 minutes of magic Vs Donegal he had a very very quiet season? Serious servant to Tyrone from 2002 but when it's your time, it's your time.... Good luck SC!!