Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redzone

Think that's something that needs sorted. You are either in the squad and can't play starred games are you aren't. Thinking fox and Petey Hughes last year

Big thanks also to Harry og and big Quinn, unlucky not to make the cut lads but keep at it, u may well be needed later in the year or indeed next year.

Thinks are building up nicely, we have done no training worth talking about and still unbeaten, new players blooded and the famous "never say die" attitude is alive and kicking. Roll on Cavan

PMG1

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on January 26, 2016, 03:26:37 PM
I think the named 26 only being able to tog out/play only applies for Championship games and for the league he listed the subs in alphabetical order but anyone could play.

Micky names the sub goalie at 16 and then lists everyone else in alphabetical order up to 34 or however many is there.  Then on the team sheet they hand to the ref he names the additional 10 players who can play, number 28 and 31 can be put on it and 22 and 18 not for example.  As far as the players are concerned they are not told if they are on the 10 or not so they are none the wiser.  Only the management and the county secretary know.  Sometimes they get confused as at a coke park game a few years ago I think Penrose  (I could be wrong!) Was told at half time he was coming on only for Dominic to tell Micky he wasn't on  the 26

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: PMG1 on January 26, 2016, 07:39:32 PM
I think the named 26 only being able to tog out/play only applies for Championship games and for the league he listed the subs in alphabetical order but anyone could play.

Micky names the sub goalie at 16 and then lists everyone else in alphabetical order up to 34 or however many is there.  Then on the team sheet they hand to the ref he names the additional 10 players who can play, number 28 and 31 can be put on it and 22 and 18 not for example.  As far as the players are concerned they are not told if they are on the 10 or not so they are none the wiser.  Only the management and the county secretary know.  Sometimes they get confused as at a coke park game a few years ago I think Penrose  (I could be wrong!) Was told at half time he was coming on only for Dominic to tell Micky he wasn't on  the 26

I am not sure that's right. The 26 man squad is named on Thursday night and given to the media, and to Croke Park on Friday morning.

If a player outside of that 26 is used you forfeit the game.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

redhandefender

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 27, 2016, 01:19:30 AM
Quote from: PMG1 on January 26, 2016, 07:39:32 PM

I am not sure that's right. The 26 man squad is named on Thursday night and given to the media, and to Croke Park on Friday morning.

If a player outside of that 26 is used you forfeit the game.

Yes that's correct, the rule changed this year as Mickey and few others weren't sticking to the team named

driveherin

Any predictions for this weeks team?

Morgan
McCrory McNamee McCarron
K McGeary Brennan Sludden
Donnelly Cavanagh
Donnelly Harte Meyler
McCurry McAliskey Brennan

Bradley or S Cav instead of Harte is still unfit?
Hampsey and HPMcGeary left out too  :-\ :-\

bigpackiechestout

Quote from: driveherin on January 28, 2016, 11:46:42 AM

Morgan
McCrory McNamee McCarron
Donnelly Cavanagh
Donnelly Harte Meyler

Is McCarron or Brennan suspended? Will Richy Donnelly, Sean Cav, Harte and Bradley be fit? If everyone's available I'd go with

Morgan
McCrory McNamee McCarron
T McCann Justy R Brennan
R Donnelly C Cav
M Donnelly Harte Meyler
McCurry S Cav McAliskey

Definitely a few spots up for grabs and would be hard to leave out the two McGearys, Sludden, Bradley and L Brennan.

LeoMc

IT is not an easy team to predict. I will be interested to see if MH will keep making changes through the league to give everyone more opportunities or try to get a settled team early.

Mikhailov

Quote from: bigpackiechestout on January 28, 2016, 12:05:14 PM

Morgan
McCrory McNamee McCarron
Donnelly Cavanagh
Donnelly Harte Meyler

Is McCarron or Brennan suspended? Will Richy Donnelly, Sean Cav, Harte and Bradley be fit? If everyone's available I'd go with

Morgan
McCrory McNamee McCarron
T McCann Justy R Brennan
R Donnelly C Cav
M Donnelly Harte Meyler
McCurry S Cav McAliskey

Definitely a few spots up for grabs and would be hard to leave out the two McGearys, Sludden, Bradley and L Brennan.

I have to say I would be disappointed if this is similar to the team named. All quality players and fairly close to our best 15 but we know what some of these lads can do in the NFL...I think the mid season 2015 new lads and the 2016 new recruits who have played so well to date in 2016 deserve some sort of reward to see that their hard work and effort can at least pay off. In no way am I saying that they all need to start but if 1 or 2 of them got a chance it would show the rest of them that they have a chance plus it would keep the more seasoned men on their toes.

Not a pile of point in trying new lads out for 5 games in a row and then going back to tried and tested in first NFL game - this is where we find out if the new lads have it or not. Give them a chance and then we will see !!

But then who am I to try and tell the great MH what to do...

bigpackiechestout

Quote from: Mikhailov on January 28, 2016, 02:34:42 PM
Quote from: bigpackiechestout on January 28, 2016, 12:05:14 PM

Morgan
McCrory McNamee McCarron
Donnelly Cavanagh
Donnelly Harte Meyler

Morgan
McCrory McNamee McCarron
T McCann Justy R Brennan
R Donnelly C Cav
M Donnelly Harte Meyler
McCurry S Cav McAliskey

I have to say I would be disappointed if this is similar to the team named. All quality players and fairly close to our best 15 but we know what some of these lads can do in the NFL...I think the mid season 2015 new lads and the 2016 new recruits who have played so well to date in 2016 deserve some sort of reward to see that their hard work and effort can at least pay off. In no way am I saying that they all need to start but if 1 or 2 of them got a chance it would show the rest of them that they have a chance plus it would keep the more seasoned men on their toes.

Not a pile of point in trying new lads out for 5 games in a row and then going back to tried and tested in first NFL game - this is where we find out if the new lads have it or not. Give them a chance and then we will see !!

But then who am I to try and tell the great MH what to do...

I see your point Mikhailov, but at the same time people are always emphasizing the importance of being in Division 1 and playing against the top teams so I think Harte will be playing close to his strongest available team for the first few games to make sure we get a good start.

Although I'd be fairly certain that not all of the below mentioned guys will have recovered from injury so a few more of the younger lads could get a start at the weekend.

sambostar

Had a go at naming a 1st choice XV for the NFL below assuming no injuries or suspensions (apart from Ronan McNabb who is more long term injured) – lads in brackets would be back-up options in the 26 man squad

In practice you'd be hoping some of the younger lads get plenty of chances to play e.g. McGeary or Hampsey this weekend if McCarron is suspended or McShane for Sean or Bradley if they're not fit. There's a bit of quality & depth in that squad, would be great to get another midfielder to start alongside Colm & so free up Mattie

And if McGeary or Hampsey were anyway decent they'd move ahead of McCrory for 1st choice corner-back

Morgan (Fox)

McCarron (K McGeary)
McNamee
McCrory (Hampsey)

R Brennan (Sludden)
Justin McMahon (Joe McMahon)
Harte (T McCann)

R Donnelly (C McCann)
C Cavanagh (McNulty)

M Donnelly (HP McGeary)
Bradley
Meyler (McShane)

McCurry (L Brennan)
S Cavanagh
McAliskey

redhandefender

Quote from: sambostar on January 28, 2016, 03:25:57 PM
Had a go at naming a 1st choice XV for the NFL below assuming no injuries or suspensions (apart from Ronan McNabb who is more long term injured) – lads in brackets would be back-up options in the 26 man squad

In practice you'd be hoping some of the younger lads get plenty of chances to play e.g. McGeary or Hampsey this weekend if McCarron is suspended or McShane for Sean or Bradley if they're not fit. There's a bit of quality & depth in that squad, would be great to get another midfielder to start alongside Colm & so free up Mattie

And if McGeary or Hampsey were anyway decent they'd move ahead of McCrory for 1st choice corner-back

Morgan (Fox)

McCarron (K McGeary)
McNamee
McCrory (Hampsey)

R Brennan (Sludden)
Justin McMahon (Joe McMahon)
Harte (T McCann)

R Donnelly (C McCann)
C Cavanagh (McNulty)

M Donnelly (HP McGeary)
Bradley
Meyler (McShane)

McCurry (L Brennan)
S Cavanagh
McAliskey

You have HP and Kieran mc geery mixed up there. I would have Richie Donnelly ahead of Conal mc cann

WT4E

1. Niall Morgan

2. Barry Tierney
3. Ronan McNamee
4. Hugh Pat McGeary

5. Niall Sludden
6. Justin McMahon
7. Peter Harte

8. Colm Cavanagh
9. Richie Donnelly

10. Conor Meyler
11. Matty Donnelly
12. Mark Bradley

13. Darren McCurry
14. Sean Cavanagh
15. Lee Brennan

Thats the 15 I would like to see - Just wondeing where is McNabb?

driveherin

Has Tierney not got enough toastings at this stage? He isn't a corner back anyway. Hampsey is a much better option IMO

GaelTheGael

Quote from: WT4E on January 28, 2016, 04:12:43 PM
1. Niall Morgan

2. Barry Tierney
3. Ronan McNamee
4. Hugh Pat McGeary

5. Niall Sludden
6. Justin McMahon
7. Peter Harte

8. Colm Cavanagh
9. Richie Donnelly

10. Conor Meyler
11. Matty Donnelly
12. Mark Bradley

13. Darren McCurry
14. Sean Cavanagh
15. Lee Brennan

Thats the 15 I would like to see - Just wondeing where is McNabb?
McNabb done his cruciate last year just before Dromore played Omagh in the championship. Probably wont be available until July August time.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: driveherin on January 28, 2016, 04:50:32 PM
Has Tierney not got enough toastings at this stage? He isn't a corner back anyway. Hampsey is a much better option IMO

I think Tierney is a good player but as you said he's not a corner back.

I doubt we'll be seeing McNabb back this year to be honest, even if he regains fitness, it will be late in the year and he'll has missed out on the whole pre-season. Tough on the lad as he's been blighted by injury problems since coming out of minor and had a fantastic year in 2015.