Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

driveherin

Whos in danger of the chop???
Big Joe? McShane? Mulgrew? P Quinn? Munroe? Conlan? McKenna?

Onthe40

Conlon doesnt appear to have got much game time...Conor Clarke maybe - not sure he has developed the way we first thought..yes the injury didnt help, but to me he could do with time back with his club...
Think Joeys time is up tbh..doesnt fit into that high workrate and support play game that MH is developing...and hes 33/34 now?

redhandefender

Quote from: Onthe40 on January 18, 2016, 12:39:30 PM
Conlon doesnt appear to have got much game time...Conor Clarke maybe - not sure he has developed the way we first thought..yes the injury didnt help, but to me he could do with time back with his club...
Think Joeys time is up tbh..doesnt fit into that high workrate and support play game that MH is developing...and hes 33/34 now?

Hes 31/32 max and if he is fit he still would be a serious addition. he is a year younger than Cavanagh.

GlenMan

Some of the current squad will be going back to the Under 21 team this year as well. McShane is still U21 along with a few others so they won't be on the senior squad at the same time. That should reduce numbers.

Il Bomber Destro

I felt we were desperately short of cover in the full back line last year with the likes of McNabb and Brennan filling in there when McCarron was unavailable so I'd imagine HP McGeary and Hampsey will definitely keep their places, would also expect Kieran McGeary and Sludden to make the cut. From the new guys brought in I feel Conlon, Munroe and Mulgrew have the biggest tasks to keep their places. Harte seems to be very fond of Conall McCann but he hasn't really shown it yet in the county jersey.

Clarke has seen a lot of minutes in the early season so far, think he will be kept on and hope that his match sharpness improves as the season progresses. I don't see Patrick Quinn getting much time for us and would imagine he's a likely option to get cut.

Tyrone Gaa

Anyone in a position to shed some light on the hurling situation??  I see the CB are being blamed by the players for a bad managerial appointment and there is some issue with Dungannon making players available. 
Living the dream!!!

GlenMan

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on January 19, 2016, 12:07:26 PM
Anyone in a position to shed some light on the hurling situation??  I see the CB are being blamed by the players for a bad managerial appointment and there is some issue with Dungannon making players available.

I wouldn't be so quick to blame the CB. Apparently there was only one applicant for the job so they gave it to him. While some planning would have been ideal, if there isn't any better candidates forthcoming then what are they to do?

ose 14

big joe needs to prove his fitness according to harte. ironic id say considering the manager had him togged out running up and down the sideline v monaghan ai qf in august 5 days after his minor operation which surprise surprise he still isnt fit from 6 months later. hartes memory a tad selective id say. can see another shay mcguigan scenario big joe thrown back in last league game without having trained. busted flush for his club the rest of the season.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: ose 14 on January 19, 2016, 07:27:05 PM
big joe needs to prove his fitness according to harte. ironic id say considering the manager had him togged out running up and down the sideline v monaghan ai qf in august 5 days after his minor operation which surprise surprise he still isnt fit from 6 months later. hartes memory a tad selective id say. can see another shay mcguigan scenario big joe thrown back in last league game without having trained. busted flush for his club the rest of the season.

Joe McMahon has played about 100 minutes of football for Tyrone in the past two years.

I hope he does get back to fitness as he's a brilliant player for Tyrone when fit and ready but I do think Harte has a right to be concerned about his fitness issues.

ose 14

he wasnt too concerned about his fitness issues last april or more worryingly in august.

LeoMc

Quote from: ose 14 on January 19, 2016, 08:55:42 PM
he wasnt too concerned about his fitness issues last april or more worryingly in august.
It is a 2 way street, maybe last year Joe was telling Harte he was ready, now they have learned the lesson.

Il Bomber Destro

Last April he was thrown on for the last 15 minutes and stuck in at full forward against Kerry. He had been playing and training away with his club according to Joe himself. Hardly the most endangering move with regard to his fitness.

In August he was an unused sub against Kerry, again hardly the most endangering move to his fitness. I'm also sure Joe wanted to be involved in an All Ireland semi final. You sound like guy who has an axe to grind rather than someone with a genuine grievance which is a little sad.

redhandefender

Its because the spice boys took a trimming without the big man

bigpackiechestout

Is pete hughes still on the panel? What about Danny mc bride? I know mc bride was playing for St Marys but saw he wasn't on the 26 last weekend

Looks like Patrick Quinn could get dropped anyway, bit harsh as he scores a lot of goals for dungannon and would be another option as a big man at full forward but harte doesn't seem to fancy him as he hasnt got much of a chance

Club Rossa

I think that both Hughes and McBride have left the panel.