Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaafan2

Quote from: BennyHarp on November 16, 2015, 12:53:22 PM
Quote from: GaelTheGael on November 16, 2015, 12:29:55 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on November 14, 2015, 10:18:12 PM
Is there any reason why Dan McNulty hasn't been called up?
Can be very slack and can be very hit or miss, which is not what a senior intercounty team needs.
There would be more value bringing Kyle Coney back in than persisting with Dan McNulty.

Persisting?? He is only 21 and has barely had a kick with the senior team, how is this persisting with him? It's a coaches job to make him more hit than miss, we shouldn't expect the finished article at such a young age. But he has plenty of potential.

I agree, think McNulty has great potential. I don't see the value in recalling Kyle Coney and 'persisting' with him. He's had a few chances and hasn't produced the goods on a regular basis.

LeoMc

Quote from: gaafan2 on November 16, 2015, 01:13:53 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on November 16, 2015, 12:53:22 PM
Quote from: GaelTheGael on November 16, 2015, 12:29:55 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on November 14, 2015, 10:18:12 PM
Is there any reason why Dan McNulty hasn't been called up?
Can be very slack and can be very hit or miss, which is not what a senior intercounty team needs.
There would be more value bringing Kyle Coney back in than persisting with Dan McNulty.

Persisting?? He is only 21 and has barely had a kick with the senior team, how is this persisting with him? It's a coaches job to make him more hit than miss, we shouldn't expect the finished article at such a young age. But he has plenty of potential.

I agree, think McNulty has great potential. I don't see the value in recalling Kyle Coney and 'persisting' with him. He's had a few chances and hasn't produced the goods on a regular basis.
+1, he got one year as a 19 yo and he was injured for most of it.

longballin

A lot of players got the call up and came back to their clubs half the players they were and totally demorilised after being used as extras for training. Sometimes good to get callup, sometimes not...

Knock Yer Mucker In

Mc Nulty went to the county for the Mc Kenna Cup in 2014, scored a goal in his first game before coming off in that game with back injury, which was dreadfully handled by the senior management. Due to injury played no more games and was dropped. Our club picked up the tab to get him sorted way back in the summer and Autumn of 2014, and full credit to Fergal Logans team who worked further with him to get him fit for the U21s, where he made a massive contribution, but unfortunately played our club championship injured, a different injury, but short term) So we can make the assumption that the poster who used the word 'persisting' does not have notion about him.

Sunny Day

I'm wondering if the said poster re: Danny McNulty is maybe confusing Danny with his older brother Stephen??????

Redhand Santa

Is the big game against Derry still happening on Sunday? Assume most of the new guys will be on show and likes of Clark and oneill who struggled last year. Very early start to the season!

Il Bomber Destro

I saw on an article penned by Joe Brolly last week that Kieran McGeary suffered a serious ankle injury during a Tyrone training session.

Any substance to this or just usual hysteria by Joe to push his agenda?

Uncle Kev

Joe Brolly must be stuck for a butt a crack !

Redhand Santa

He listed out injuries and tried to blame modern training. You'd think players didn't get injured in the past to listen to him. He's full of crap.

Il Bomber Destro

Anyone in attendance at the O'Fiach matches?

How have the new players been getting on? All seem to have had a run out in both matches. Good to see Conor Clarke getting some gametime in, really hope he can recapture his form this year.

Gaffer

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on December 20, 2015, 10:52:34 PM

How have the new players been getting on? All seem to have had a run out in both matches. Good to see Conor Clarke getting some gametime in, really hope he can recapture his form this year.

Yes I was there. New players getting on well. Clarke did well.
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Gaffer on December 20, 2015, 11:03:00 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on December 20, 2015, 10:52:34 PM

Yes I was there. New players getting on well. Clarke did well.

Anyone stand out over the two games, particularly with the new guys? I think Hampsey and Kieran McGeary would probably be the two with the best shot of nailing down a place in the XV this year. Looks like there will be serious competition for places when we get back everyone back in and fit, also hear Ronan O'Neill is looking in the best physical shape he has been in for some time.

Gaffer

Nobody stood out over the two games!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Norf Tyrone

Is there a date for the Derry/ Tyrone Championship game yet?

I have it in my diary as 22nd May but in conversation a lot of people said he has not been announced, and indeed I can't find it online.

Did I just make it up!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

The Bearded One

It is what it is. Presumably.