Pure Gym Belfast

Started by giveherlong, January 17, 2014, 11:04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

giveherlong

anyone on the board a member? what's your thoughts? not a bad gym but lacking a swimming pool and the parking isn't great. I suppose that's what you get for £18.99 per month.

Rois

One of the worst performing gyms in the Pure Gym group (my client was interested in buying the group last year so I did a lot of financial work on it). Great business model - cleaners are trained in first aid to both clean AND save your life for insurance purposes.

NAG1

Quote from: Rois on January 18, 2014, 01:12:12 AM
One of the worst performing gyms in the Pure Gym group (my client was interested in buying the group last year so I did a lot of financial work on it). Great business model - cleaners are trained in first aid to both clean AND save your life for insurance purposes.

That would be some job description for a cleaner, be able to polish and hoover oh yeah as well as saving lives. Crazy.

aontroim abu

Was a member, used it regularly enough too. Left it because it's pure crap. Usually in other gyms you get brought round, given a training programme etc, here you have to pay for that.
There is no deal with the car park, its all on street parking which you have to pay for, or take your chances with the traffic wardens. Plus, I think, did a few cars not get damaged in Academy Street, beside the gym??

imtommygunn

I was in it... There is a deal on the multi storey car park beside it or there was until a year or so ago?

I liked it - not that dear and you didn't get bothered by anyone. YOu just went in, did your thing and then left. Also all the classes beign free is a good job.

I guess in terms of programmes etc you get what you pay for but I get no program from the gym I'm in now and I pay a bit more than I did and all my classes aren't free.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 21, 2014, 09:42:14 AM
I was in it... There is a deal on the multi storey car park beside it or there was until a year or so ago?

I liked it - not that dear and you didn't get bothered by anyone. YOu just went in, did your thing and then left. Also all the classes beign free is a good job.

I guess in terms of programmes etc you get what you pay for but I get no program from the gym I'm in now and I pay a bit more than I did and all my classes aren't free.

DW is expensive but all the classes are free, they have a pool and I've never waited on a running machine/weights machine and classes are good craic with decent trainers
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Christmas Lights

I used to be a member but left as parking is a bit of a nighmare around it if you want to try and park for free.  Otherwise, if you go regulary, you will end up paying the same amount or maybe more in membership and parking fees than you would  at a gym that has all the mod cons.

Dont get me wrong, without parking its monthly fee is very cheap, coupled with being open 24 hours a day and not being tied into a contract are great incentives, however, I fell out of love with the place, it was the location, I didnt want to be running on the treadmill while watching people out through the windown enjoying the delights of the Potted Hen Restuarant.

I switched back to LA Fitness on Adelaide Street last year, £36 pound coins a month but they have a right few classes, swimming pool, jacuzzi (always cold  >:( ), sauna agus steam room.

Wildweasel74

I work beside it, got free car park and still wouldn't be too fussed to use it, but i put that down to get me home from work atttiude, plus too busy during lunch break to attend

giveherlong

I have reactivated my membership. Had a look at trying to book some of the classes on the app but the majority of them seem to be fully booked  :(

Milltown Row2

Quote from: giveherlong on January 26, 2014, 10:53:01 AM
I have reactivated my membership. Had a look at trying to book some of the classes on the app but the majority of them seem to be fully booked  :(

Still January so don't worry, most of those people who go mad after xmas soon fade away
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea