Cancelling a contract with Vodafone

Started by giveherlong, November 18, 2013, 12:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

giveherlong

anyone know if it is possible to cancel a contract- i have no vodafone coverage where i live, tried the sure signal box as well but nothing. i have 24 month contract. thanks in advance 

Cold tea

Have you got your contract at hand, most contracts can be terminated early but you will be charged a termination fee, if you got a smart phone for example as part of your contract you probably will have to pay the full cost of the phone as well.

ziggysego

I cancelled Vodafone, by getting a new tariff through Phones 4U. They brought out the remainer of the Vodafone contract.
Testing Accessibility

grounded

Quote from: giveherlong on November 18, 2013, 12:52:06 PM
anyone know if it is possible to cancel a contract- i have no vodafone coverage where i live, tried the sure signal box as well but nothing. i have 24 month contract. thanks in advance

There is usually a cooling off period, I think its around 14 days were you can cancel your contract with no penalties. If the coverage is poor in your area surely the operator should have informed you prior to signing up?
                                   I had a problem with Vodafone around 4-5 years ago. I previously had a 18 month contract with Vodafone when I initially signed up. After the 18 months ended, Vodafone unbeknownst to me extended my contract by a further 12 months keeping the same price plan. I was happy enough with the existing service/handset/coverage and just kept paying the monthly bill. About 8 months into the ' New ' contract the coverage deteriorated in my area to a point that I couldn't use the phone. I contacted Vodafone to inform them I was leaving but was hit with the bomb shell that I still had 4 months to run on a contract that I hadn't agreed to or been informed of and that there was a termination fee of around £80. Vodafone were a nightmare to deal with and I was forced to go to Otelo who resolved the matter in my favour and Vodafone repaid the termination fee. It was a lot of hassle for £80 but it was more about the principle to be honest. Send any letters to Vodafone via recorded delivery as stated they lost or didn't receive a number of my letters.

http://www.ombudsman-services.org/communications.html

lawnseed

I had this with another crowd. basically I had a southern mobile and each time I took it north it went to this now defunked network I assumed that if I bought a nordie  contract with this outfit that i'd get the same good service. I went to carfone warehouse and took a contract and got a great nokia with it. for the first two weeks I was the 'cats pyjamas' driving about showing off making calls in places where people could hardly get a tv signal never mind a fone signal it was class. then two weeks to the day I bought the fone it stopped working completely so I went back to carfone warehouse and explained what happened. nothing to do with us I was told. so I rang the network provider and was told tough shit the 14 day period was up. I tried to work with them but it was nothing but hassel. so I stopped the direct debit.. what then followed was a series of threatening calls from them how they would bankrupt me.. blah blah.. take me to court.. destroy my credit.. and on and on.. in the end I told them that they were in breach of the contract because they couldn't provide a service and I wanted to meet the judge who was gonna make me pay for a service that didn't work I offered them the fone back it was still in the box etc  they told me to shove it! so I did I shoved it to a guy who unlocked it and I put o2 chip in it..
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once