Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HokeyPokey

Tyrone are relying on Canavan and McCurry a lot. But how many teams have players like them to rely on? And Kerry, how good would they be without Clifford?

giveherlong

Quote from: HokeyPokey on June 18, 2023, 09:03:07 PM
Tyrone are relying on Canavan and McCurry a lot. But how many teams have players like them to rely on? And Kerry, how good would they be without Clifford?
Serious question, if we got most things right further back, could the 2 Canavans + McCurry (fit) take us to an All Ireland semi final or Final? I wouldn't bet against it

God14

Staggering tactical choices by management, ie constantly going man on man, devoid of a sweeper at the back.

We are always wide open on the break.

The first decent side we meet will knock us out

Sad, as we have better footballers than Derry and Armagh but are playing such a naive gameplan.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: ONeill on June 18, 2023, 08:02:18 PM
Second match in a row that has happened at it the end.

Really lacking leadership from 6-11.

The decision to take off key men late on and replace them with inexperienced players, however tired the old heads were, was crazy. The game was effectively  won yet we end up hanging on.

There is a very good team there if set up correctly but unfortunately we've been a bit of a mess since 2021. Logan and Dooher did an amazing job to deliver that title but they haven't been able to build on it and it's hard to see what the plan is. A change after the summer would probably make sense.

WT4E

All tyrone are doing now is ripping off the fans on another day out. If they had any manners they'd bow out.

TheModernGame

Have Tyrone won a match this year when Mattie Donnelly hasn't played the full 70 minutes?

As a supporter I ask what has been learnt and implemented tactically in regards to game management since the Monaghan game. It doesn't look like anything.

BrotherMore6592

We should know by now you write off this Tyrone team at your peril

They can always pull out a big performance, they haven't been the underdog in many games this year of note bar Galway and look how they done in that game

I would have to agree any late stage appearance looks unlikely but would you rather be Armagh ?

They've the all Ireland won ffs

ONeill

The soundbites in The Irish News really bugged me this week.

Players who have only been in the squad 5 mins talking about the team turning the corner etc. Not their fault if that's who they're putting forward to face the hacks but pure bullshit.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

nrico2006

Quote from: ONeill on June 18, 2023, 08:02:18 PM
Second match in a row that has happened at it the end.

Really lacking leadership from 6-11.

There was a slip too that nearly let another run through on goal like the Armagh match.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

tyroneman

Still think Tyrone need a big athletic FF. There was an interesting article (Irish News maybe?) about how McShane and McCurry can't play together as they make similar runs etc , but surely that's what good coaching sorts out?

Silver hill

Quote from: God14 on June 18, 2023, 09:19:03 PM
Staggering tactical choices by management, ie constantly going man on man, devoid of a sweeper at the back.

We are always wide open on the break.

The first decent side we meet will knock us out

Sad, as we have better footballers than Derry and Armagh but are playing such a naive gameplan.

Oh yeah....for sure.

Jerome

Did Tyrone twitter have them down as losing the match yesterday?

sam03/05

If the ref does his job then Tyrone win by 7-8 points in that game.
They were 3 up with eight mins to go and had a stonewall pen and black card turned away
Not to mention about 4 dubious frees to keep Westmeath in it.
How to hell did Daragh Canavan's man not get booked before that pen incident.

An Watcher

An Watcher

Quote from: sam03/05 on June 19, 2023, 06:40:28 AM
If the ref does his job then Tyrone win by 7-8 points in that game.
They were 3 up with eight mins to go and had a stonewall pen and black card turned away
Not to mention about 4 dubious frees to keep Westmeath in it.
How to hell did Daragh Canavan's man not get booked before that pen incident.

Get a penalty, score it and they're within a kick of the ball of topp8ng the group.  Any word on mccurry?  Hopefully he's OK for next week