Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WT4E

Quote from: sensethetone on January 02, 2020, 04:26:11 PM
Quote from: WT4E on January 02, 2020, 04:22:12 PM
Quote from: W.A.G. Lover on January 02, 2020, 03:59:49 PM
Quote from: ctrallying on January 01, 2020, 10:53:21 PM
Team talk reporting that Mc shane heading down under,thank god i did not renew my season ticket,could be a short year,Tyrone really lacking a stand out forward now.

If this is true about McShane, who have we got to replace him? I cant think of anyone on the current squad that is similar ball winner and can take his own scores.
Anyone not on the current setup that would be worth a review?

Holy Ghosssst boys - Have you never heard of big Kyle - Throw him in boyysss
Pity we couldn't send Kyle to the Aussie rules and keep McShane.

Think we tried that already but he missed the club too much - and I aint talking about the GAA Club! :L

southtyronegael

Heard mark Bradley heading to America again?

ONeill

Colm Cavanagh the new dynamic full forward goal machine.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

GlenMan

Anyone have a list of forward players currently on the panel?

GaelTheGael

Quote from: GlenMan on January 02, 2020, 05:08:56 PM
Anyone have a list of forward players currently on the panel?
Mattie Donnelly
Peter Harte
Niall Sludden
Mark Bradley
Darren McCurry
Daniel Kerr
Ronan O'Neill
Harry Loughran
Kyle Coney
Ronan McHugh
Dd mulgrew

southtyronegael

Mc nulty clonoe, Mc aleer gortin both similar to Mc Shane.

WeGoAgain

Would like to see Danny McNulty in. If he can stay if fit then he could potentially be very effective in that role. But the last few years have been blighted by injury. Don't know much about McAleer from Gortin. Seemed to have a good enough year with the u20s last year so would be worth looking at surely. However, don't think either will fill the void left by McShane.q

Micky_mouse

Quote from: southtyronegael on January 02, 2020, 06:29:15 PM
Mc nulty clonoe, Mc aleer gortin both similar to Mc Shane.
Cormac McGettigan from killyclogher another big figure similar to McShane

Angelo

It's a colossal blow. The usual idiots are on here pedalling their usual agenda re Harte, Harte has shown a lot of faith in McShane when a lot of people including myself would have been sceptical of his overall worth. I certainly can't begrudge McShane the opportunity, by the terms talked it's a two year deal that should set him up for life even if it doesn't work out.

It does leave us in a right pickle for the year ahead. No Skeet, McShane and possibly Donnelly for the year. Our game plan had been built around McShane and we would have got nowhere near where we did last year for him. The likes of O'Neill, Bradley, McCurry etc are nice footballers but the game has changed and has become too physical for them as inside forwards.

I did say that I was surprised Harte didn't look at some physical inside options when it came to new faces this year. I thought Ryan Coleman would definitely have been worth a look, I'd have doubts about Danny McNulty's fitness and durability for top level intercounty football but he could probably have got a chance too. I think McAleer is a good bit off the physicality needed right now but he looked a decent prospect for the u20s. There's no real standout options and I don't see us repeating the success story of McShane with another player.

It also leaves us without a right footed free taker, I really can't see Ronan O'Neill stepping up from his previous outings and I don't think he's good enough for a top level team but do we now need to carry him for frees? Is Ronan McHugh still involved and is he back fit again?

I was relatively optimistic this year as in McShane we finally had an elite level inside forward and we could develop our game even more around him.

I do think we will see him in a Tyrone jersey in a few years time and hopefully he is joined back by McKenna.

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Goals_Will_Come

Anything to be said for moving Peter Harte into full forward?
Peter Harte and Mattie Donnelly inside with Mark Bradley operating off them would have the potential to be very dangerous.

tyrone08

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on January 02, 2020, 09:55:52 PM
Anything to be said for moving Peter Harte into full forward?
Peter Harte and Mattie Donnelly inside with Mark Bradley operating off them would have the potential to be very dangerous.

Peter is a strange one as he is very good but seems to always get bullied off the ball in big games. He seems to lack the aggression to win his own ball. Moving him closer to goals would give him a bit more protection but don't think it would solve his problem. Mcshane and donelley have the required aggression to win their own ball and that can't be taught.

Really can't see how tyrone are going to get constant scores. Bradley, McCurry and Brennan are good footballers but need a strong target man to work off.

Any ideas if Bradley or Lee are coming back into squad.

God14

Any Tyrone manager worth half his salt, would visit Clonoe and a certain Mr McNulty

He is needed now more than ever

RedHand88

Quote from: God14 on January 02, 2020, 10:39:20 PM
Any Tyrone manager worth half his salt, would visit Clonoe and a certain Mr McNulty

He is needed now more than ever

Maybe if they were looking to buy a car.

I jest, he should be in with a shout.

Eire90

What does mcshane work as here in ireland maybe that was not enough to keep him in ireland

under the bar

Taco Fall from Boston could do a job at FF!