Westminster Election 12th December 2019

Started by Ambrose, October 29, 2019, 02:24:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RadioGAAGAA

Representative democracy is fukked.

Its quite clear that its gonna collapse on itself at some point in the fairly near future.

How many people can honestly say MPs/TDs/Congressmen/women/Senators/etc are championing the needs of constituents ahead of the needs of their "financial sponsors"?
i usse an speelchekor

magpie seanie

It's crystal clear what the Tories strategy is - that's 100% the case as outlined by a few posters above, started off by Trailer. What is frustrating for many is that they're not being lambasted and vilified for it in the way other parties and leaders would be, particularly Corbyn and Labour. The observation of politics being theatre holds weight. It of course shouldn't be but again it suits media for clicks and adverts to make it so. It does pose serious quesions for representative democracy as we've known it. That and the apparent (I think it's definite) increase in selfishness and decrease in compassion for others.

seafoid

Quote from: magpie seanie on November 29, 2019, 05:37:14 PM
It's crystal clear what the Tories strategy is - that's 100% the case as outlined by a few posters above, started off by Trailer. What is frustrating for many is that they're not being lambasted and vilified for it in the way other parties and leaders would be, particularly Corbyn and Labour. The observation of politics being theatre holds weight. It of course shouldn't be but again it suits media for clicks and adverts to make it so. It does pose serious quesions for representative democracy as we've known it. That and the apparent (I think it's definite) increase in selfishness and decrease in compassion for others.
The Tory strategy is very simple but the second and third priorities of voters (Brexit is first) are the NHS and the environment and Labour are stronger on both
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

magpie seanie

Quote from: seafoid on November 29, 2019, 06:33:37 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on November 29, 2019, 05:37:14 PM
The Tory strategy is very simple but the second and third priorities of voters (Brexit is first) are the NHS and the environment and Labour are stronger on both

Personally I think Labour are much stronger on Brexit too. It's the only sensible approach the try and untangle the UK from the whole ridiculous mess. The other policies are (Tory) the referendum meant leave on any terms with any consequences or (LibDems) the referendum was full of misinformation so it really meant remain. Neither can be true. Get the full facts on the table and have it done with for once and for all.

I've not given up hope. It's a massive challenge is all I'd point out.

seafoid

Senior hurling

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/11/29/boris-johnsons-predicted-commons-majority-slashed-80-12-week/

« Boris Johnson's predicted Commons majority slashed from 80 to 12 in a week, poll of polls reveals

Labour is squeezing the Liberal Democrats by gaining Remain voters who see the party as the better prospect to block Mr Johnson's bid for a rapid Brexit ..the Conservatives appeared to have stalled after the boost from Brexit Party voters. «

bennydorano

See something doing the Twitter rounds about BJ removing safety barriers on London Bridge because they were 'ugly'. Also the London Bridge terrorist was a known terrorist  released on licence last year. 2 open goals for Labour and the opposition parties, a real chance......

Saffrongael

Quote from: bennydorano on November 30, 2019, 08:50:53 AM
See something doing the Twitter rounds about BJ removing safety barriers on London Bridge because they were 'ugly'. Also the London Bridge terrorist was a known terrorist  released on licence last year. 2 open goals for Labour and the opposition parties, a real chance......

How would a security barrier stop someone with a knife ?
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

trailer

Unfortunately this terror attack probably only helps Boris. Corbyn doesn't come across as tough on crime. They'll attack him on anti war protests, IRA and Israel. Advantage Boris.

Denn Forever

Yes, I would be so inspired by someone who make use of a tragedy.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

bennydorano

Quote from: Saffrongael on November 30, 2019, 08:59:03 AM

You're tough on crime or you're not, all about perception.

bennydorano

Saffrongael

Quote from: bennydorano on November 30, 2019, 11:02:45 AM
Quote from: Saffrongael on November 30, 2019, 08:59:03 AM

You're tough on crime or you're not, all about perception.

Well it wouldn't benefit Corbyn then
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Saffrongael

Have we had any photo ops with victims or at the scene yet from Johnson and Corbyn ?

seafoid

Quote from: trailer on November 30, 2019, 10:49:06 AM
Unfortunately this terror attack probably only helps Boris. Corbyn doesn't come across as tough on crime. They'll attack him on anti war protests, IRA and Israel. Advantage Boris.
Top 3 voter concerns last week were Brexit, NHS and environment