It Must be Marching Season

Started by Nally Stand, June 27, 2011, 11:27:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

You burned tyres out the bck of your house. The council be onto u quick enough. The fact this is done on public property ever year as if they own various bonfire sites  round N Ireland baffles me. Any these losers actually f**king worked for me they wouldn't have time for this crap.

RedHand88

Quote from: Newbridge Exile on July 09, 2019, 11:37:59 PM
Is this the first year the bonfire has been built in the grounds of Avoniel leisure centre?

Nope. They've been building it in the leisure centre carpark for years and years unchecked. Welcome to Narnia.

nrico2006

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 10, 2019, 01:15:54 AM
You burned tyres out the bck of your house. The council be onto u quick enough. The fact this is done on public property ever year as if they own various bonfire sites  round N Ireland baffles me. Any these losers actually f**king worked for me they wouldn't have time for this crap.

That's what I don't get.  Or if you lit a fire in your street or blocked a road in your estate the police would be out too sorting it out.  Yet in this situation its like they are afraid to upset any of the bonfire builders/supporters.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

HiMucker

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 09, 2019, 08:16:41 PM
Mass protest in east Belfast after the bonfire at avoniel appears to be banned.

Here we go again >:(
We're on the road again..... ;D

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: nrico2006 on July 10, 2019, 08:08:53 AM
That's what I don't get.  Or if you lit a fire in your street or blocked a road in your estate the police would be out too sorting it out.  Yet in this situation its like they are afraid to upset any of the bonfire builders/supporters.

This is what pi$$es me off big time about all of this. Worse will be to come when they build their fire at the back gate of the City Hospital. FFS it is a hospital and these scumbags think they can just do whatever the f**k they want. Meantime everyone is tiptoeing around these clowns for fear of being accused of oppressing their "culture". There is more culture in a yogurt. It's all about them dictating things to show them Fenians who is still in charge - least in their minds anyway. 

LooseCannon

Am I the only one who wonders how do they get the stacks of pallets so high? As in above the height that a tractor or teleporter could reach.

The Gs Man

Took a drive into Corcrain, Portadown, earlier in the week and parked up to watch them build it.  Must be 100ft high now.

It was a feat of engineering, I'll give them that!
Keep 'er lit

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: The Gs Man on July 10, 2019, 09:54:06 AM
Took a drive into Corcrain, Portadown, earlier in the week and parked up to watch them build it.  Must be 100ft high now.

It was a feat of engineering, I'll give them that!

There is bound to be a grant available for some form of structural engineering course for these boyos which could see them put their skills to good use...

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: HiMucker on July 10, 2019, 08:31:32 AM

Think about 50 local women showed up. I think the term 'mass' is now more akin to what you'd see in your average chapel on a Sunday morning rather than what they used to be able to mobilise on Drumcree Hill 20 years ago.
Careful now

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on July 10, 2019, 10:32:40 AM

Think about 50 local women showed up. I think the term 'mass' is now more akin to what you'd see in your average chapel on a Sunday morning rather than what they used to be able to mobilise on Drumcree Hill 20 years ago.

It was comical seeing them linking round the bonfire like they were saving it....really it's pathetic!  The irony is that they are doing it in areas that not a RC would be seen so they are f**king over their own!  Leave them at it and eventually they will drift away....kinda like the fleg protests at the city hall .... give them no oxygen and no one will  care!

RedHand88

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 10, 2019, 10:45:55 AM
Quote from: Dougal Maguire on July 10, 2019, 10:32:40 AM

It was comical seeing them linking round the bonfire like they were saving it....really it's pathetic!  The irony is that they are doing it in areas that not a RC would be seen so they are f**king over their own!  Leave them at it and eventually they will drift away....kinda like the fleg protests at the city hall .... give them no oxygen and no one will  care!

There were more than a few "spare tyres" on display in that video.

Dougal Maguire

Excellent comment there Chief. Laughed out loud
Careful now

balladmaker

When your politics have failed, when you're culturally bankrupt, and when your whole identity is demographically undermined ... you resort to linking arms around a stack of pallets.  As a Nationalist, I feel embarrassed for them for some reason, it's cringeworthy.

BennyCake

The burning of those pallets are a sin. They're obviously in great condition, otherwise you wouldn't be able to stack them that high.

Just think how many pensioners those pallets would keep warm all winter.

Wildweasel74

It all go unchecked until some tragedy happens. A bonfire will fall on somebody. A row of houses getting burnt down. Etc. Look at checks before flights. Getting into a stadium. Its only when sthing terrible happens that people take a step back and wonder what the f**k they doing. DUP bck uvf flags but give out about a gaa team signing a song that was on national tv just a few months ago