Club transfers

Started by SCFC, March 21, 2015, 03:15:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave like the tv channel

Because morons don't think this way. They're in an amalgamation because of numbers, then numbers rise and they split up, with no view on quality.

The problem in Laois is that we have far too many clubs for an 85k population.

If we forced our clubs to amalgamate, we would strengthen the clubs within each parish. What Laois needs now is a strong club scene. Clubs competing well in every level of the provincial competitions. I believe we'd then see an improvement at IC level.

The PRO

Emo have got James Hilliard from a Dublin club. Ex Laois minor. Now at this fourth club!

Keyser Söze

Ex Mountmellick?
My understanding was that if you transferred back to your home county within 2 years of leaving you had to go back to your home club?
He is hardly gone more than 2 years?
What were his 3 previous clubs?
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

The PRO

Quote from: Keyser Söze on April 06, 2019, 06:59:14 PM
Ex Mountmellick?
My understanding was that if you transferred back to your home county within 2 years of leaving you had to go back to your home club?
He is hardly gone more than 2 years?
What were his 3 previous clubs?
The Rock, Mountmellick and whoever he was with in Dublin. Not sure but he must be gone more than the two years.

Unlaoised

Is it true Portlaoise have got themselves another player I heard a guy that used to kick with a team in dublin....

Thats all I heard so don't know anymore or less!
LAOIS ABÚ

Don Draper

Quote from: Unlaoised on April 16, 2019, 12:09:10 PM
Is it true Portlaoise have got themselves another player I heard a guy that used to kick with a team in dublin....

A guy that used to kick with a team in Dublin. I know one of them, and if its the same fella, he could be class.

Unlaoised

Quote from: Don Draper on April 16, 2019, 12:09:47 PM
Quote from: Unlaoised on April 16, 2019, 12:09:10 PM

A guy that used to kick with a team in Dublin. I know one of them, and if its the same fella, he could be class.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I didn't hear a name but he is a Garda thats stationed here thats all.I know nothing else he might be a junior player!
LAOIS ABÚ

The PRO

Ben Conroy is transferred from Slieve Bloom to a London club. Thought he was injured anyway? Won't help Slieve Bloom's chances for the championship.

burdizzo

He is injured. Heard he was going travelling for a while, though thought it was further afield than London.

From the Terrace

Heard a rumour Rob Tyrell to Courtwood something about still being able to hurl with Camross. Anyone else hear anything

Keyser Söze

Quote from: From the Terrace on November 27, 2019, 10:23:28 PM
Heard a rumour Rob Tyrell to Courtwood something about still being able to hurl with Camross. Anyone else hear anything

It would mean Camross not entering a football team?

portlaoisekid

Interesting move for him, he needs it, he has tried to get a transfer for a couple of years now so finally the CB might allow him his move.

Aside from this story its the season for transfer rumours, its getting as bad as soccer with rumours!

Keyser Söze

Quote from: portlaoisekid on November 28, 2019, 08:26:53 AM
Interesting move for him, he needs it, he has tried to get a transfer for a couple of years now so finally the CB might allow him his move.

Aside from this story its the season for transfer rumours, its getting as bad as soccer with rumours!

The CB has very little freedom in this regard. If it meets the criteria it meets the criteria.

From the Terrace

Its not beyond Camross to pull out there football team, they dont put much effort into it up there. Like that its silly season now. Could be crap anyway.

Keyser Söze

No lover of Camross, but in fairness they put more effort into football than most hurling clubs (I think they play in the league some years and have been Junior A for quite a while?). Not to mention their footballing efforts versus the hurling efforts of many of the football clubs!