DUBLIN v TYRONE JANUARY 2009 CROKE PARK

Started by Canalman, September 29, 2008, 02:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aroundincircles

Hard to see him back to his strongest a pity for him one of the games gentle men.. Will always make the time to say hello esp to the kids a credit to his club and county..

aroundincircles

It was cavanagh ref 100% right did not like jordan behaving like a soccer player making a card waving jesture to the ref..

ziggysego

Quote from: pedro on February 01, 2009, 09:01:34 PM

SON was fantastic, no other word can describe that performance. Nobody could have marked him last night. However, I am going to throw the cat amongst the pigeons and query whether he meant it. Was he trying to cross the ball to the far post? I'm not sure who it was (Muggsy or Cavanagh) but there was a Tyrone player at the back post.

I pondered the same thought myself, but concluded that SoN always tries these shots because he has the confident and the skills to make them and get them. Days he gets them and days he doesn't. If he doesn't, doesn't discourage him from trying another day.
Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

Quote from: hardstation on February 01, 2009, 09:12:08 PM
Would like to see Whelan's 'dive' again. I was very surprised by the decision. From where I was (very far away) it looked a certain free and possible tick for the Tyrone player. Cassidy, was it?

Nah, saw it a few times since on telly-box. Whelan rolled around the pitch, holding onto his face. He was barely touched. Everyone agreed on that. Some of the analysis tonight said it should have been a straight red..... that's a bit OTT.

Anyway, he should have gotten a yellow card at throw in, for grabbing S. Cavanagh round the neck and pulling him down. (As should Magee)
Testing Accessibility

pedro

Quote from: ziggysego on February 01, 2009, 09:17:15 PM
Quote from: pedro on February 01, 2009, 09:01:34 PM
SON was fantastic, no other word can describe that performance. Nobody could have marked him last night. However, I am going to throw the cat amongst the pigeons and query whether he meant it. Was he trying to cross the ball to the far post? I'm not sure who it was (Muggsy or Cavanagh) but there was a Tyrone player at the back post.
I pondered the same thought myself, but concluded that SoN always tries these shots because he has the confident and the skills to make them and get them. Days he gets them and days he doesn't. If he doesn't, doesn't discourage him from trying another day.

Well that's why I am wondering. He could very well have been trying it because he is just about the only player who would try to score from there! I remember the Armagh semi in '05 and he was shooting from everywhere. I think I will give him the benefit of the doubt  ;). I was surrounded by a crowd from Tyrone (not far from FoSB by the look of it) and there was just total disbelief when it went over. There was hardly even a cheer because everyone was so astonished, brilliant!
St. Patricks GFC - Louth SFC Champions 2003, 2004, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2014 & 2015

loughshore lad

Quote from: aroundincircles on February 01, 2009, 09:05:32 PM
tommy mc guigan has the makings of being equally as good a play maker as brian is his prime, centre half forward is his position... in a matter of interest where is brian at the minute???

As good as Tommy is and could potentially be he has a long way to go in order to reach the heights Brian scaled. As mid louth correstly pointed out Brian has surgery before christmas on a long standing ankle injury and is currently recuperating from that.  

RedandGreenSniper

Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

ONeill

The more I read on here the more I'm raging that I didn't make it down. I watched it in a Belfast drinking den. McCullagh seemed to be running the show in the first half but I was a bit wobbly then. O'Neill's point almost sobered me up. Reminded me of Peter v Kerry in 2005. Great to see the Mugsy/Hill pantomime continuing - a bit o craic. Impressed by Brogan.

Did anyone tape the Setanta coverage?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

omagh_gael

here are the best shots i got of the apres match entertainment, enjoy...

omagh_gael

Quote from: ONeill on February 01, 2009, 10:09:16 PM
The more I read on here the more I'm raging that I didn't make it down. I watched it in a Belfast drinking den. McCullagh seemed to be running the show in the first half but I was a bit wobbly then. O'Neill's point almost sobered me up. Reminded me of Peter v Kerry in 2005. Great to see the Mugsy/Hill pantomime continuing - a bit o craic. Impressed by Brogan.

im waiting to hear back from a friends brother who may have it on dvd, if i get a copy i will burn one for you! do u still have any copies of the 95 derry game floating around? iv a dvd of tyrone-dublin from last summer if anyone interested?

ONeill

Quote from: omagh_gael on February 01, 2009, 10:17:29 PM
Quote from: ONeill on February 01, 2009, 10:09:16 PM

im waiting to hear back from a friends brother who may have it on dvd, if i get a copy i will burn one for you! do u still have any copies of the 95 derry game floating around? iv a dvd of tyrone-dublin from last summer if anyone interested?

Might have one floating about. I think I send one to an Omagh poster though. Will sort that out.

What was the gist of the presentation on the screens? Old players? Matches?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Muzz

They went through the different years and highlights.  Sherlocks goal in 95 got a good cheer as did Mulligans "wonder" goal in 05 verus the dubs.

The GAA

Quote from: ziggysego on February 01, 2009, 09:22:14 PM
Would like to see Whelan's 'dive' again. I was very surprised by the decision. From where I was (very far away) it looked a certain free and possible tick for the Tyrone player. Cassidy, was it?

Nah, saw it a few times since on telly-box. Whelan rolled around the pitch, holding onto his face. He was barely touched. Everyone agreed on that. Some of the analysis tonight said it should have been a straight red..... that's a bit OTT.

Anyway, he should have gotten a yellow card at throw in, for grabbing S. Cavanagh round the neck and pulling him down. (As should Magee)

Haven't seen any angle of replay that suggests that whelan wasn't touched. tv footage is inconclusive and we'll have to assume the ref had a better angle

David McKeown

Quote from: The GAA on February 01, 2009, 10:29:40 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on February 01, 2009, 09:22:14 PM

The thing that got me most about the Whelan incident which was right in front of me was the ref was very close and originally appeared to give Dublin the free before changin

Haven't seen any angle of replay that suggests that whelan wasn't touched. tv footage is inconclusive and we'll have to assume the ref had a better angle

The thing that got me most about the Whelan incident which was right in front of me was the ref was very close and originally appeared to give Dublin the free before changing his mind when Cavanagh rightly began to complain about Whelan's actions.  From where I was the only contact it seemed to me was nowhere near where Whelan was holding himself
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

INDIANA

As a dublin fan, whelan made a complete eejit out of himself and its something I hope not to see again. But its a bit rich having tyrone fans talking about diving. Ahem philip jordan v diarmuid marsden anyone? Thats why it was a tad ironic when philip jordan was the player in question. Its something thats come into the game in the last few years and its quite unecessary.