NFL DIV3

Started by mattockranger, January 27, 2009, 01:18:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor Hill

Louth are on a bit of a roll, unbeaten in 2009, Down lost their last two McKenna cup games to Monaghan and Queens and were hammered by Meath in Newry last Sunday. If Louth had anyone watching Down today they wont be losing any sleep between now an Valentines day.

pedro

Louth are, indeed, on a bit of a roll but, in all honesty, they have yet to play a team of real quality: UCD, Longford, Wicklow, DCU, Limerick. I would expect that Down would be another step up in class but I would be quietly confident. Should be a good game with a decent crowd. Hopefull the pitch will be a little better than the Down/Longford game last year  :P
St. Patricks GFC - Louth SFC Champions 2003, 2004, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2014 & 2015

western exile

From what I saw at Semple Stadium today, two things are apparent...
1. If Down cannot plug the hole that leaks goals, they will struggle to get promoted.  A better team than Tipperary would have scored 3 goals today.
2. Tipperary will be relegated. They are unable to score points from play.

Promotion candidates are still 2 from
Cavan
Down
Longford
Louth
Roscommon

The Down v. Louth game next up on Feb 14th will put the winner of that in pole position

Relegation candidates are 2 from
Limerick
Offaly
Tipperary

Billys Boots

And on St. Brigid's Day 2009, the miracle of the Battery Road materialised, and by nighfall the murmurings could be heard from the heights of Cairn Hill to the depths of Legga.  The murmurs could not be heard initially due to the strong, whining northeasterly winds, but as closing time neared the volume grew stronger and more vibrant.  The tone was grim and quietly desperate at the outset, but appeared to grow more strident as time progressed.  The chilling wind, as night fell, only added pathos to the bitterness.

'We might be shite, but we'll always bate Cavan!!'.   ;)
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

mattockranger

Cavan shock of the weekend!

What are tipp like? could they pose problems??
Could that win for longford give them a boost from relegation they need? 
Where Roscommon impressive?

I think the extra week recovery will provide managers precious time to get their house in order and I expect fireworks from round2!

louth and down is the big one!
Limerick and Cavan under pressure against to get their first win while at home!!
Offaly versus longford could settle the relegation matters for longford before they begin!

will to win is important the will to prepare to win is vital

cavan4ever

Quote from: mattockranger on February 02, 2009, 12:59:51 PM
Cavan shock of the weekend!

What are tipp like? could they pose problems??
Could that win for longford give them a boost from relegation they need?  

I think the extra week recovery will provide managers precious time to get their house in order and I expect fireworks from round2!

louth and down is the big one!
Limerick and Cavan under pressure against to get their first win while at home!!
Offaly versus longford could settle the relegation matters for longford before they begin!

From what i seen yesterday they are two likely teams to be relegated.  Longford should have been bet out the gate and cavan are worse for some how not doing it.

Ryano

Quote from: mattockranger on February 02, 2009, 12:59:51 PM

Meh Ros were ok. Did what they needed to but then you cannot begin to imagine how heartless and disjointed Offaly are. They were just shockingly bad and if they don't get the finger out will be going down while providing cannon fodder for the rest of Div 3 on their way. Put up no opposition to Ros at all so they made Ros probably look a lot better then they actually are.

mattockranger

wonder will Offaly have a new man in charge before the weekend?
will to win is important the will to prepare to win is vital

Trevor Hill

Down 1-13 Louth 1-12
Limerick 0-14 Roscommon 1-10

Azzurri

Table as of February 14th 2009 9:00PM

Team        Played         Won        Drew        Lost        +/-               Points

Down            2              2             0             0          7                     4
Louth            2              1             0             1         10                    2
R'Common     2               1            0             1           8                     2
Longford       1               1            0             0           3                     2
Limerick         2              1             0            1            -10                  2
Cavan           1               0             0             1          -3                     0
Tipperary       1              0             0             1           -6                    0
Offaly           1               0            0               1          -9                    0

Shamrock Shore

Longford and Offaly drew 0-11 each

Maguire01

Cavan in big trouble early on. They've arguably played two of the easier games in this Division.

BallyhaiseMan

Tommy Carr can F**k off back to wherever he came from.  >:(

Double Cross

Team        Played         Won        Drew        Lost        +/-               Points

Down            2              2             0             0          7                     4
Longford       2               1            1             0           3                     3
Louth            2              1             0             1         10                     2
R'Common     2               1            0             1           8                     2
Tipperary       2              0             0             1           -4                    2
Limerick         2              1             0            1            -10                  2
Offaly           2              0              1             1          -9                     1
Cavan           2               0             0             1          -5                    0

The above table may not be correct as it is based on my calculations.