Why always me? - The Madness of Mario

Started by Mayo4Sam, January 19, 2012, 12:30:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Two Hands FFS

I think Balotelli is great entertainment but there was definite intent in the stamp. Naturally he should have brought his right leg across his body onto the ground but he brings it backwards & he lands it on Parker with excessive force...very dirty!!! Should be a 10 match ban at least.. Surely stamping on someone's face is worse than calling him a name??

Minder

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 24, 2012, 08:58:47 AM
Don't know how there is any dispute over this as he throws his leg back something serious and that wouldn't be the type of movement you would be trying when attempting to regain balance.  As for the player himself, I hate these comparisons that are made between him and the like of Cantona etc, Ballotelli isn't in the same league and is hugely overrated considering all he has done so far in his career.

Had Cantona "done" as much at that age?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

HiMucker

Don't know how there is any dispute over this as he throws his leg back something serious and that wouldn't be the type of movement you would be trying when attempting to regain balance.  As for the player himself, I hate these comparisons that are made between him and the like of Cantona etc, Ballotelli isn't in the same league and is hugely overrated considering all he has done so far in his career.
In fariness when Cantona (as great as he was) was playing the premier league was behind the french, spanish, german, Italian and probably even dutch league at that time.  It is now the best league in the world, and I would even go as far to say that many championship clubs would comfortably stay up in all the other leagues.  Players like mario, due to conditioning and training advancements are on a differnet level these days.

AQMP

Hard to see how the FA can ban him for 4 games when they backed Rooney in his appeal against a 3 match international ban...or am I missing something? :P

EC Unique

Looks like City are going to accept the charge and not appeal.

screenexile

Quote from: AQMP on January 24, 2012, 11:46:54 AM
Hard to see how the FA can ban him for 4 games when they backed Rooney in his appeal against a 3 match international ban...or am I missing something? :P

You're not but the FA seem to be blind to hypocrisy!!

Applesisapples

The Premiership is not the best league in the world, the football is exciting yes but technically average. If you want to see real intent and coached dirt look no further than Pepe on Messi in the Copa Del Rey and Mourhino's tactics in total.

Clown

Theres only one man can get off with kicking someone in the head in the premier league

Englands Alan Shearer

Archie Mitchell

Crouch faces no action over eye gouge in West Brom game. Another example of one rule for English players and another for other players?

Captain Obvious

Possibly, Lescott got off yesterday and he's English.

gallsman

What had Cantona achieved at Balotelli's age?

Sorry, Minder beat me to it.

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: gallsman on January 24, 2012, 08:41:18 PM

What had Cantona achieved at Balotelli's age?

Sorry, Minder beat me to it.

Did you forget that iwhen anything about Utd is mentioned that that's the benchmark?