Why always me? - The Madness of Mario

Started by Mayo4Sam, January 19, 2012, 12:30:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

It was a clear stamp dont think there is any denying it, if he was off balance he would have fallen forward, not stuck his leg out backwards. Wont make any difference to city anyway if he is banned for a few games.

brokencrossbar1

It was never a stamp and there was no intent in it.  He is falling and looking forward at the time, it was a natural movement and not a stamp.  Good player, complete binlid though!

Billys Boots

I have to say it doesn't/didn't look like a stamp to me either. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

AZOffaly

I think I agree with ye lads. I was watching it on Sky, and they were all saying it was a stamp, and I was almost predujiced looking at it because I was expecting it to be blatant. At worst it was careless with his feet.

The Worker

Wont be charged for this, as its too hard to say if it was intentional or not.

The only way of knowing this is to be inside balotellis head, and thats not a place anyone would want to be.

EC Unique

Ah now lads! How can you think this is not an intented stamp? Look at the path of his leg, forward to get a swing back with speed. Dirty action. Then the pathetic dive after to make himself look like the victim.

The Wedger

Definitely deliberate. I don't see why anyone stumbling forward would need to throw a leg backwards?

ballinaman

Clear stamp, first action was an accident but second swing of the leg was a stamp. Doesn't need to look to know where Parker was, first bit of contact gave him an idea he was going to make contact if he was to throw the leg back a second time. Footballers, as thick as some may be, have decent spacial awareness!

Doogie Browser

Was deliberate IMO also.  Would hate that to have a significant bearing on the title race  ;)

Bingo

http://fourfourtwo.com/lists/top11worsttackles.aspx

Some of these are a bit more obvious.

Slowed down it looks  worse and more intentional, in realtime I don't think its as obvious. Hard to know.

AZOffaly

Quote from: hardstation on January 23, 2012, 01:55:55 PM
I don't know how anyone can say that is unintentional. He clearly throws his foot back at the player.

AZ, is there any point of you having a look at the Derrytresk - Dromid video?

Very good :D

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Bingo on January 23, 2012, 02:27:39 PM
http://fourfourtwo.com/lists/top11worsttackles.aspx

Some of these are a bit more obvious.

Slowed down it looks  worse and more intentional, in realtime I don't think its as obvious. Hard to know.
Some crunchers there  :D

supersub

On the contrary I think from reviewing replays (which is what they will do) it is clear his momentum had taken him as far as the trip/jump but the movement of his foot to Parker's head was unnatural and looks very bad!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHg0M1ukzE8

0:17 tell me that is unintentional!

Or

Surely the next natural movement of his right leg is to land straight or forward not kick back

Mayo4Sam

He won't get a ban, Webb was standing right beside it and looked round as it happened, therefore it'll go in his report as an accident, one player stumbling and hitting another, thus the FA can do nothing about it, unless of course whiskey nose rang up his favourite ref and told him to omit it.

It's gas that the ones on here saying its a definite stamp are all united fans.
IMO it looked nasty in slow mo but it is next to impossible to tell, therefore he gets the benefit of the doubt, even with 'Arry saying this isn't the first time he had done it
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Applesisapples

My wife who knows nothing about football and cares even less saw this yesterday as it happened and in her opinion it look accidental. I have to say I did to until the boys replayed it and replayed it and convinced me otherwise.