Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

Quote from: Pearse Blue on November 15, 2019, 12:47:01 PM
Quote from: GaaFanatic123 on November 15, 2019, 12:00:53 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on November 15, 2019, 10:49:52 AM
Quote from: southtyronegael on November 15, 2019, 10:39:22 AM
Is mark Bradley back? Seen him in the paper this week playing soccer. Why is it almost always talented forwards that quit the county panel? Obviously not an enjoyable experience?

Get your ass kissed at your club about how good you are, which is more often than not true enough to be fair.

Go to county, where you have to do the shit you don't do because the average lads cover you (such as tackle and track). Don't like it, leave.

Fair enough, it's where Tyrone are at - no point yapping about Harte. He won't change. Although inside mark coming in showed that Tyrone can actually play decent stuff with that rule.

Is it in for clubs on that matter does anyone know?

Interesting, never thought of it in that way!!

Heard Daniel Kerr has been called up, probably the pick of the forwards called up!
Not sure if Brennan or Bradley would want to go back!
Probably go back when/if there is ever a different management team? Talking to a few players over the years Harte is quite unapproachable when you are not a household name. Not great for young players if the manager is unapproachable in terms of feedback and getting yourself in the conversation for places.

In my opinion Tyrone are one of the worst counties in Ireland for introducing young talent into seniors. It either doesn't happen, or they are introduced don't perform well enough on their first or second opportunity and left to sit on the bench the whole season, then the confidence takes a hit. I could name at least 10 young players on the current team that this has happened to and god knows how many young players over the years..

I would say the opposite, we are a top 4 county at senior level but our success rate is a bit checkered at underage level in the past decade.

We have done very well at introducing young players in recent years. I think we are too quick to blame management for players not delivering, it's up to the player to put his head down and keep working - the ones that do reap the rewards.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

southtyronegael

Mc aliskey delivered in 2018. His reward? Sub every game this year.

Angelo

Quote from: southtyronegael on November 15, 2019, 12:54:49 PM
Mc aliskey scored something like 2-41 in 2018 and yet this year his only start was against Dublin in the dead rubber? Any wonder he walked.

He missed nearly the entire league campaign with a serious ankle injury and appeared in every Championship game. The qualifier against Cavan was the only championship game he didn't feature in.

The fact is his form was not great last year, he had a good cameo against Antrim but then followed it up with a very poor display in the Donegal game where he struggled to make an impact after being brought on in the first 10 minutes.

I don't think it's a lack of game time that prompted his decision, Harte clearly rates him as an important player.

Angelo

Quote from: southtyronegael on November 15, 2019, 01:06:13 PM

Should we be making team selections based on sentiment now?

Angelo

Quote from: topofthesoil on November 15, 2019, 01:10:32 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on November 15, 2019, 12:50:42 PM
Quote from: God14 on November 15, 2019, 12:19:45 PM
Any word if Danny McNulty back in the reckoning then?

Doubt it, from what I hear McClure is going also from panel.

Sounds like there is going to be a massive push on from Clonoe next year then.

McClure was one of the players I would have expected to be cut this year, we have lots of midfield options at the minute and he had been usurped by the likes of Kennedy and Richie Donnelly. Hopefully Kilpatrick gets a go, any word on Paudie McNulty gettingba recall?

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Angelo on November 15, 2019, 01:19:44 PM

McClure was one of the players I would have expected to be cut this year, we have lots of midfield options at the minute and he had been usurped by the likes of Kennedy and Richie Donnelly. Hopefully Kilpatrick gets a go, any word on Paudie McNulty gettingba recall?

Massive boost to the new Clonoe manager....whomever they go for....(still hearing Cassidy is in the running!!!!)

Paudy McNulty had a back operation, I don't know if you'll see the same player...I don't....at this point think he's back.

Pearse Blue

This has been coming, few men coming to the end of their careers (Dorris x2, S Mcnulty, PJ) possibly a few more could be added to that list. That, and a poor youth I would imagine they will be pushing hard for the next couple of years to get an O'Neill cup.

The noisy neighbors up the road wouldn't help either.   

Club boi

Quote from: southtyronegael on November 15, 2019, 01:06:13 PM

Did you forget to change usernames ??

Dire Ear

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on November 15, 2019, 01:29:51 PM

Massive boost to the new Clonoe manager....whomever they go for....(still hearing Cassidy is in the running!!!!)

Paudy McNulty had a back operation, I don't know if you'll see the same player...I don't....at this point think he's back.
A pre-condition for Cassidy coming back---NO COUNTY MEN

inroundthesquare

Under 20 championship is earlier this year (AI final supposed to be Paddy's Day) so likely won't see any of last years under 20s that are still underage being called up for the League.

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: Dire Ear on November 15, 2019, 04:55:44 PM

Stephen McDonnell taking over Clonoe for 2020.
So much for the Cassidy talk.

under the bar

O

You nailed that one! :)

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: under the bar on November 15, 2019, 10:32:22 PM
O

Can't win them all!

But I did hear certain players veto'd Cassidy with al the talk....if he was in for it or not!   :o :o

under the bar

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on November 15, 2019, 10:49:07 PM
Quote from: under the bar on November 15, 2019, 10:32:22 PM
O

Can't win them all!

But I did hear certain players veto'd Cassidy with al the talk....if he was in for it or not!   :o :o

How could any club manager veto players lining out for the county?

GetOverTheBar

Not veto.

Cassidy has long had the reputation of "convincing" county players to step away - especially if bit part players.