TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 02, 2018, 11:14:20 PM
Just finished Vietnam war on Netflix, well worth a binge.. tragic stuff altogether

The Ken Burns one? The man s genius. Watch the Civil War one of you can.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: gallsman on October 02, 2018, 11:47:28 PM
Just finished Vietnam war on Netflix, well worth a binge.. tragic stuff altogether

The Ken Burns one? The man s genius. Watch the Civil War one of you can.

Yes, will start on that or the other one on the Second World War he has on Netflix
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Didn't realise it was on Netflix. Got about 4 episodes in when it was on tv and the rest is on the Sky box and I need the space! It's brilliant and will try to see the others too.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 03, 2018, 08:41:56 AM
Didn't realise it was on Netflix. Got about 4 episodes in when it was on tv and the rest is on the Sky box and I need the space! It's brilliant and will try to see the others too.

Was doing my wife's head in! Anytime she was out and came in I had it on! FFS not the Vietnam war again!!!! Havent told her I'm about to start the other ones
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Newbridge Exile

Dunno if its been mentioned  before but I am really enjoying the Mighty Redcar on BBC 2  , found myself genuinely moved by some of the people and stories involved and a fantastic soundtrack too boot

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: Newbridge Exile on October 03, 2018, 11:31:25 AM
Dunno if its been mentioned  before but I am really enjoying the Mighty Redcar on BBC 2  , found myself genuinely moved by some of the people and stories involved and a fantastic soundtrack too boot

Very well made series. Proper reality TV.

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: Minder on October 03, 2018, 11:11:59 AM
What's Killing Eve like ?

Quirky is probably the best word for it, but quite enjoyable.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: playwiththewind1st on October 03, 2018, 01:14:18 PM
Quote from: Minder on October 03, 2018, 11:11:59 AM
What's Killing Eve like ?

Quirky is probably the best word for it, but quite enjoyable.

Yeah i'm liking it also, proper nut job.. A good international cast, seems to works well in this

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 03, 2018, 09:03:55 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 03, 2018, 08:41:56 AM

Was doing my wife's head in! Anytime she was out and came in I had it on! FFS not the Vietnam war again!!!! Havent told her I'm about to start the other ones
Great recommendation lads, it's a real marathon, but it is fantastic. That's the way documentaries should be made.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Boycey

Anyone been following the Great Lighthouses of Ireland over the last few Sunday evenings? Fantastic scenery and an incredible story of some very ingenious and brave men (and women).

I love lighthouses and would love to stay on one during a storm, I think  :)

Walt Jabsco

Yes mandatory viewing for us pharologists. There are lighthouse keepers cottages for renting as a holiday let around the country. No rock stations though            https://www.irishlandmark.com/propertytag/by-the-sea/

Boycey

I've had a look at them already but the other halfs not as keen  ;D. I'd be looking a force 12 storm..

A rock station would be incredible or alternatively this (which I'm sure you'll have seen before) https://www.amusingplanet.com/2014/11/the-wave-swept-lighthouses-of-brittany.html?m=1

Walt Jabsco

If you had a choice of a stay on a rock station which one would it be?

Boycey

Somewhere along the west coast, Skelligs, Bullrock, Eagle Island, Tearacht Island. I reckon the weather would be way wilder that side..

I lived in Balbriggan as a child and my bedroom looked out at Rockabill I think thats where my fascination started.