George Hook

Started by Boycey, September 13, 2017, 02:01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

This was huge 3 weeks ago. Now everyone has moved on. The news cycle is very interesting.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Owen Brannigan

Esmarelda

Quote from: seafoid on October 05, 2017, 04:09:37 PM
This was huge 3 weeks ago. Now everyone has moved on. The news cycle is very interesting.
Is it? How long should it be spoken of? It's hardly on the same level as a mass murder.

Having said that, wasn't it nice of Newstalk to relieve him of his duties only to give him a new weekend slot in December? A nice wee holiday and then open arms.

Will we see a more restrained Hook now? Will that keep his followers happy and keep ratings up? What's important is that he learned his lesson ::)

Owenmoresider

The social justice warrior activists masquerading as journalists got their pound of flesh and moved on, eagerly awaiting their next target to reveal itself.

screenexile

Quote from: Owenmoresider on October 05, 2017, 04:35:55 PM
The social justice warrior activists masquerading as journalists got their pound of flesh and moved on, eagerly awaiting their next target to reveal itself.

Were they wrong?? Surely what he said was deplorable and rightly called out!!

foxcommander

Quote from: screenexile on October 05, 2017, 04:45:44 PM

George Hook spoke the truth. What he said wasn't politically correct and he got punished for it.
That's how it works these days. Mass hysteria from those who are permanently offended by anyone who disagrees with how they've been instructed to think.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

Esmarelda

Quote from: foxcommander on October 05, 2017, 04:50:40 PM

George Hook spoke the truth. What he said wasn't politically correct and he got punished for it.
That's how it works these days. Mass hysteria from those who are permanently offended by anyone who disagrees with how they've been instructed to think.
How can an opinion be the truth? He gave a view. Many have argued for or against it. Your contribution is that it's the truth and the usual tripe about mass hysteria. All that's missing is "PC brigade". Why don't you argue your point? Which part are you claiming to be the truth or are you just playing your usual "George Hook of the GAAboard" role?

foxcommander

Quote from: Esmarelda on October 05, 2017, 04:56:58 PM

How can an opinion be the truth? He gave a view. Many have argued for or against it. Your contribution is that it's the truth and the usual tripe about mass hysteria. All that's missing is "PC brigade". Why don't you argue your point? Which part are you claiming to be the truth or are you just playing your usual "George Hook of the GAAboard" role?

I've already argued my point if you care to read back a couple of pages. If you want to believe that someone is not responsible for putting themselves in dangerous situations with strangers then that's your opinion. I can't agree with you.

Maybe you can argue that it's ok to tell kids to get into that car with a stranger? What's the worst that can happen eh?

Esmarelda

Quote from: foxcommander on October 05, 2017, 05:03:22 PM

I've already argued my point if you care to read back a couple of pages. If you want to believe that someone is not responsible for putting themselves in dangerous situations with strangers then that's your opinion. I can't agree with you.

Maybe you can argue that it's ok to tell kids to get into that car with a stranger? What's the worst that can happen eh?
Tell me this George. If your kid got into a car and ended up being murdered, would you be able to bring yourself to say that they were partly to blame for the murder? I mean that'd be the truth wouldn't it?

foxcommander

Quote from: Esmarelda on October 05, 2017, 05:08:34 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on October 05, 2017, 05:03:22 PM

Tell me this George. If your kid got into a car and ended up being murdered, would you be able to bring yourself to say that they were partly to blame for the murder? I mean that'd be the truth wouldn't it?

Of course they would be - they shouldn't have got into the car. What's your point?

Esmarelda

f**k me. A murdered child is partly to blame for being murdered because he/she went with an adult they didn't know.

End communication. :-X

sid waddell

Quote from: Esmarelda on October 05, 2017, 05:15:25 PM
f**k me. A murdered child is partly to blame for being murdered because he/she went with an adult they didn't know.

I've been saying for weeks that this sort of stuff is the entirely logical follow on from Hook's "point" about rape.

Even though foxkkkommander is a completely demented nut job, he's consistent in his nut jobbery.

foxcommander

Quote from: Esmarelda on October 05, 2017, 05:15:25 PM

You mean End Communication because you've got no argument. I'm not sure what utopian world you inhabit but in the real one you do have some control over your actions.

Little Timmy fell down the well, broke his neck and died. It's all the wells fault.

F**k me.

Eamonnca1

Point of order: When did "social justice" become a term of abuse? What's wrong with social justice? What's wrong with equality and treating your fellow human beings with a bit of dignity?

One thing you have to hand to the far right, it's their ability to use language in the Orwellian style. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is knowledge. Or something.

HiMucker

Quote from: foxcommander on September 16, 2017, 11:38:17 PM
Quote from: under the bar on September 16, 2017, 04:10:47 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on September 16, 2017, 03:21:40 PM
George Hook was bang on the money. Take responsibility for your own actions and don't put yourself in dangerous situations. It is pathetic how this has been twisted and a man gets demonized for speaking the truth.

So any girl going back to an hotel room with her date who then ends up getting raped by another man who enters the room has brought it on herself?

Then ask yourself if you should go to a hotel room or any other isolated location with someone you didn't even know 3 hours ago.
I am merely pointing out that you run the risk of putting yourself in danger. How do you know what this person is actally like. What if the story turned out that she was murdered by her date. Same rules apply.

Next you lot will be telling kids it's ok to get into that car with strangers.
How many dates would she needed to have with this stranger, before it was ok for her to go back to his place?  And then at that point if another fella came in to the room and raped her, is she able to absolve herself of any responsibility for this happening?  Or can we say then that she has to take responsibility for her poor choice in men?