Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on February 22, 2011, 05:31:23 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on February 22, 2011, 09:18:04 AM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on February 22, 2011, 01:41:49 AM
Quote from: Gaffer on February 22, 2011, 12:23:13 AM

Rubbish reply. Pathetic !

Put on the spot and you crumbled .

I'd love to put some of these boys in front of a room full of teenagers from Ballymun and asked to keep them under control and teach them something they don't want to learn.  We'd soon see how easy it is.
Again, we could all outline the stresses and strains of our jobs and ask the same question. What makes you think teachers are so special?

I didn't say they were "special" or that their jobs are the most stressful. I said that teaching is an important job (really, it's a big deal whether or not your child goes on to get a degree or not) and that it's not the "cushy number" that the know-alls on this thread are making it out to be.
Bin men and doctors have important jobs so I'm not sure what your point is. 

Eamonnca1

Read my lips. My point is that teaching is not a cushy number that any old eejit could do.

Am I getting through here or am I just talking to the walls?

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on February 22, 2011, 06:30:40 PM
Read my lips. My point is that teaching is a cushy number that any old eejit could do.

+1
You'll Never Walk Alone.

tyssam5

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 22, 2011, 06:54:33 PM
Read my lips. My point is that teaching is a cushy number that any old eejit could do.

+1

I don't think you could do it.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: tyssam5 on February 22, 2011, 07:02:58 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 22, 2011, 06:54:33 PM

+1

I don't think you could do it.

Either do I,I'd get bored with nothing to do for my 3 months a year holidays.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 22, 2011, 07:06:33 PM

Written like a man that didn't pay much heed to his English teacher.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on February 22, 2011, 07:07:56 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 22, 2011, 07:06:33 PM

Written like a man that didn't pay much heed to his English teacher.

There was a leaf on her driveway that day,she wasn't able make it into school.
It's all good though as I'm sure she still got paid for the day.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on February 22, 2011, 05:31:23 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on February 22, 2011, 09:18:04 AM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on February 22, 2011, 01:41:49 AM
Quote from: Gaffer on February 22, 2011, 12:23:13 AM

Rubbish reply. Pathetic !

Put on the spot and you crumbled .

I'd love to put some of these boys in front of a room full of teenagers from Ballymun and asked to keep them under control and teach them something they don't want to learn.  We'd soon see how easy it is.
Again, we could all outline the stresses and strains of our jobs and ask the same question. What makes you think teachers are so special?

I didn't say they were "special" or that their jobs are the most stressful. I said that teaching is an important job (really, it's a big deal whether or not your child goes on to get a degree or not) and that it's not the "cushy number" that the know-alls on this thread are making it out to be.
Sure you could say every job was an important job. I don't think it's a cushy number  but teachers (some) going on about their job being the most important and stressful job in the whole wide world gets up my nose. You'd swear they were killed, and it's very hard to have sympathy for someone with so many holidays!

The bit in bold I don't understand, it's not a big deal whether or not your child gets a degree. Your statement is a prime example of exactly what's wrong with the education system. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Milltown Row2

Some craic here. Is it just the holidays that piss people off about teachers?

I think they should get more time off so they can de-stress, come back more refreshed for the new term.

More money would be a good idea also, because with all the extra time off I'll be able to go skiing and get a better car and add on that extension to my sun room
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 22, 2011, 09:10:24 PM
Some craic here. Is it just the holidays that piss people off about teachers?

I think they should get more time off so they can de-stress, come back more refreshed for the new term.

More money would be a good idea also, because with all the extra time off I'll be able to go skiing and get a better car and add on that extension to my sun room
The holidays aren't the problem, especially not in my gaff as it means no childcare payments over the summer. Like Pints says the problem is people get sick listening to them moaning about their hard lot. They get paid 30-40 grand a year and get about 12 weeks holidays. They're not exactly working down a mine or pulling back to back shifts in hospital. If they hate the life so much they can always jack it in. In England I think they have 10% of their time ringfenced for preparation time! What the f**k were they doing all summer?!

ONeill

Maybe I'm in a lucky environment but I never hear a teaching moaning about the fact that they're a teacher. Where do these teachers exist?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ONeill on February 22, 2011, 09:46:18 PM
Maybe I'm in a lucky environment but I never hear a teaching moaning about the fact that they're a teacher. Where do these teachers exist?
Their union representatives do their moaning for them. That's what your sub is for.

Okay teachers are alright. See those union feckers...

Eamonnca1

Quote from: pintsofguinness on February 22, 2011, 07:42:08 PM
The bit in bold I don't understand, it's not a big deal whether or not your child gets a degree. Your statement is a prime example of exactly what's wrong with the education system.

So you don't think it's a big deal if you get a degree or not in today's world?

Minder

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on February 22, 2011, 09:58:48 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on February 22, 2011, 07:42:08 PM

So you don't think it's a big deal if you get a degree or not in today's world?

It would really depend what the degree was in.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

There are various reasons why some teachers may complain

Working with kids that are not interested in learning.

Disruptive kids with serious learning difficulties who should be taught by specialized teachers in smaller classes.

Headmasters pushing teachers/departments to reach targets/results with students that struggle.

Taking abuse from students and getting no support from headmasters in dealing with it.

I delivered a class today on workshop calculations, the topic, BODMAS

I'd three in my class that struggled with this sum

22 - (4x5) =

These lads are holding down placements in local engineering firms, skills wise they are fine, 2 hours later though they finally got their heads around it and managed to complete a few worksheets and were happy to move on to the next subject.

Teachers can't be blamed for that, can they?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea